• This topic is locked This topic is locked
641 replies to this topic

#226 Tailwind

Tailwind
  • Win points = 2,235,563

• 2576 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 June 2012 - 08:57 PM

Next time it bugs up on me I'll forward the info, thanks for looking in to it, SL~!

#227 Locky177

Locky177
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 03:55 PM

The program only seems to stop working when I try running it with a proxy. Without one, my only problems have been being occasionally logged out.

#228 Morph

Morph
  • 55 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 12:38 AM

Both happen to me frequently. I can seldom get through the entire list without the error popping up at some point. And the logging out just happens randomly every 4-10 sends, sometimes twice or three times in a row. That doesn't quite bother me as much except for the fact that even if I could finish my list, only about 3/4 - 4/5 of my scores were actually sent.

#229 Lasciel

Lasciel
  • 140 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 04:58 AM

I might be wrong but I notice that if you run Abrosia at the same time (no I'm not being stupid running them both, I mean running Abrosia but it's not actually going to shops and buying and stuff. Just that it's 'running'), SS is almost sure to crash at some point. Just an observation, if it helps any.

#230 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 June 2012 - 11:00 AM

One person PM'd me with debug data. That's it. I really hope I can fix things with just 1 submission.

So is it working for the rest of you?

#231 Senrath

Senrath
  • 305 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 11:03 AM

I keep forgetting to turn it to debug mode. Whoops. Switching it now.

Edit: Sent in two sets of debug stuff.

Edited by Senrath, 16 June 2012 - 03:02 PM.

#232 BEEEEWRRYY

BEEEEWRRYY
  • 315 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 05:55 PM

For some reason the link SL posted about how to debug isn't working for me... I'm probably doing something wrong, but I guess I can't submit the debugging data.

#233 Exarius

Exarius
  • 78 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 09:30 PM

How do you even run it in de-bug mode if the scoresender in in the program manager?

#234 Lasciel

Lasciel
  • 140 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 09:36 PM

According to iargue's guide, we're supposed to add debug=1 in the target box, and along the way click ok, but it won't let me. When I click ok it says the path is invalid. That affects something, right? :/

Still, trying to run SS and see if I can get the HTTPwrapper folder as mentioned in the guide. Will update...

Nope did not get any Httpwrapper folder. SS error came up after 15 minutes...
Exception in thread Thread-95:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "threading.pyc", line 552, in __bootstrap_inner
File "Programs/1028/ScoreSender.py.nc", line 337, in run
File "Programs/1028/ScoreSender.py.nc", line 124, in ParseStr
IndexError: list index out of range

SL please advise how to get the debug info, or what I could be doing wrong. I am using win 7.

Edited by Lasciel, 16 June 2012 - 09:59 PM.

#235 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 June 2012 - 08:16 PM

According to iargue's guide, we're supposed to add debug=1 in the target box, and along the way click ok, but it won't let me. When I click ok it says the path is invalid. That affects something, right? :/

Still, trying to run SS and see if I can get the HTTPwrapper folder as mentioned in the guide. Will update...

Nope did not get any Httpwrapper folder. SS error came up after 15 minutes...
Exception in thread Thread-95:
File "Programs/1028/ScoreSender.py.nc", line 337, in run
File "Programs/1028/ScoreSender.py.nc", line 124, in ParseStr
IndexError: list index out of range

SL please advise how to get the debug info, or what I could be doing wrong. I am using win 7.

Make sure debug =1 is OUTSIDE of the quotation marks.

#236 Lasciel

Lasciel
  • 140 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 09:45 PM

Make sure debug =1 is OUTSIDE of the quotation marks.

It still gives this error: "The name '"C:/Program Files\Neocodex\Manager\pre_loader.exe"debug=1' specified in the Target box is not valid. Make sure the path and the file name are correct.

#237 Senrath

Senrath
  • 305 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 09:49 PM

Oh, that's an easy fix. Put a space between the " and the debug. So it would be '"C:/Program Files\Neocodex\Manager\pre_loader.exe" debug=1'.

#238 Theria

Theria
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 06:42 PM

I sent in my debug info already... but I just wanted to note here that sometimes I have no trouble with this, and others I get it after two scores.

Here's how to get it in debug mode for Windows 7, if you haven't figured it out yet.

#239 lawlerz

lawlerz
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 12:20 PM

I'm just wondering but does the "logged out" problem increase our risk of getting frozen? I don't mind the problem as long as it doesn't increase suspicion.

#240 Beeboobop

Beeboobop
  • 284 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 03:08 PM

I'm just wondering but does the "logged out" problem increase our risk of getting frozen? I don't mind the problem as long as it doesn't increase suspicion.

I get that frequently and my account has been okay.

#241 Exarius

Exarius
  • 78 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 03:37 PM

I get that frequently and my account has been okay.

same.

#242 IcedEarth

IcedEarth
  • 724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 June 2012 - 04:12 PM

The score sender works absolutely fine for me when I'm using it without a proxy. I do get the occasional logged out at some point but never errors.

When I am using a proxy, I get a bunch of errors and I have to keep restarting it. I just assume it's to do with the proxy as I use the free ones.

#243 Exarius

Exarius
  • 78 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 12:49 AM

So you can like leave it going for hours on end without anything but the logged out messages coming up?

#244 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 June 2012 - 01:02 AM

So you can like leave it going for hours on end without anything but the logged out messages coming up?

The score sender works absolutely fine for me when I'm using it without a proxy. I do get the occasional logged out at some point but never errors.

When I am using a proxy, I get a bunch of errors and I have to keep restarting it. I just assume it's to do with the proxy as I use the free ones.

#245 0x6a61686e

0x6a61686e
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 09:32 AM

I keep getting the HTTP exception. Setting up debugging now, I'll forward any data I accumulate. It seems some exception handling could at least prevent the program from locking up when it encounters an error.

Exception in thread Thread-74:
File "Programs/1028/ScoreSender.py.nc", line 206, in run
File "/cdx/svn/checkout/core/trunk/Program Manager/Lib/HTTPwrapper.py", line 111, in GetWrapper
File "urllib2.pyc", line 400, in open
File "urllib2.pyc", line 513, in http_response
File "urllib2.pyc", line 432, in error
File "urllib2.pyc", line 372, in _call_chain
File "urllib2.pyc", line 616, in http_error_302
File "socket.pyc", line 351, in read
File "httplib.pyc", line 561, in read
File "socket.pyc", line 380, in read

Edit : It's also worth noting that NeoCodex's Program Manager can't write to the Program Files directory on Windows Vista and 7 unless you execute with administrative privileges. An easy way to do this is to open up the shortcut's properties (Right click >> Properties) and under "Compatibility" check "Run this program as an administrator."

Posted Image

Edited by 0x6a61686e, 05 July 2012 - 09:38 AM.

#246 rabiesss

rabiesss
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 01:52 AM

4.6.3 keeps giving me the error when sending score :(
and the one in the neocodex manager says logged out when sending score..

Edited by rabiesss, 11 July 2012 - 01:55 AM.

#247 mega0impact

mega0impact
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 05:21 AM

Dear fellow players,

May I ask a question?

I'm planning to run the habiturium during the day and the ss at the same time. Wuld it be possible? What browser does the ss use? since the habiturium is passive and I can leave it minimized, can I run the ss too? My question is because neopets will not allow the same user to play using two different browsers on the same computer. After a few minutes one browser will get logged out. So my question is, if I use ss while leaving habi on will either the ss or habi get logged out soon? Also, what does proxy mean and could it be used in this case? I only have one computer, hence one ip address. I really want to run both ss and habi at the same time if possible. Please kindly help thanks!

#248 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 July 2012 - 05:22 AM

Dear fellow players,

May I ask a question?

I'm planning to run the habiturium during the day and the ss at the same time. Wuld it be possible? What browser does the ss use? since the habiturium is passive and I can leave it minimized, can I run the ss too? My question is because neopets will not allow the same user to play using two different browsers on the same computer. After a few minutes one browser will get logged out. So my question is, if I use ss while leaving habi on will either the ss or habi get logged out soon? Also, what does proxy mean and could it be used in this case? I only have one computer, hence one ip address. I really want to run both ss and habi at the same time if possible. Please kindly help thanks!

No you cant as the program manager will log out your current session in the browser eventually and hab wont work.

#249 mega0impact

mega0impact
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 06:44 AM

Aww if that's the case then since habiturium makes np in about the same amount of time as ss it's either one or the other?
Someone was saying to run many shells of accounts using ss 24/7 and an average of 4 hours of ss per account. Any idea what that means?

Also,
How does a proxy work?
Does it mean that it will send scores from a different ip address even though I'm using the same computer?
How do I know which ip address to use?

#250 Mew

Mew
  • 626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 July 2012 - 03:44 PM

Aww if that's the case then since habiturium makes np in about the same amount of time as ss it's either one or the other?
Someone was saying to run many shells of accounts using ss 24/7 and an average of 4 hours of ss per account. Any idea what that means?

Also,
How does a proxy work?
Does it mean that it will send scores from a different ip address even though I'm using the same computer?
How do I know which ip address to use?

Yes, a proxy makes it appear as if you are logged in with a different IP.
This is useful if you have/use multiple accounts.
Google "free proxy servers" and you'll find thousands of them.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users