Photo

Score Sender

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
641 replies to this topic

#276 Kuranaii

Kuranaii
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 09:46 PM

Is there a game number for the new gme on Neopets ? A53 game.

#277 mintpro

mintpro
  • 597 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 July 2012 - 10:13 PM

Is there a game number for the new gme on Neopets ? A53 game.

Every game has an ID, just look at the URL. For Assignment 53 it's 1347.

#278 idontknow951

idontknow951
  • 490 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 11:56 PM

I worked hard on my SS list today, so I hope it'll pay off.
But the "logged out" bug is really annoying, since I have to go back to the list and start erasing what ever already was sent and that's a lot of work.

Yeah this has been bugging me too. Recently it's gotten way worse with almost 1/4th of the scores having that.

#279 0x6a61686e

0x6a61686e
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 01:30 AM

Bit of a bug report. Score Sender seems to think 3 plays is the maximum amount plays regardless. When it looks at the game's home page it simply sees '3' and cancels out. The 3/3 bypass option (In the 'program settings' section) fixes this, but I figured I'd point it out anyway since Neopets has been doing a lot of "send your score X times for Y days" events recently.

It wasn't initially clear what "3/3 bypass" was actually doing, so it would probably be a bit more user-friendly to implement a check for the events directly into the code. The necessary information is right on every game's home page so it shouldn't be too difficult.

#280 idontknow951

idontknow951
  • 490 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 02:07 AM

Bit of a bug report. Score Sender seems to think 3 plays is the maximum amount plays regardless. When it looks at the game's home page it simply sees '3' and cancels out. The 3/3 bypass option (In the 'program settings' section) fixes this, but I figured I'd point it out anyway since Neopets has been doing a lot of "send your score X times for Y days" events recently.

It wasn't initially clear what "3/3 bypass" was actually doing, so it would probably be a bit more user-friendly to implement a check for the events directly into the code. The necessary information is right on every game's home page so it shouldn't be too difficult.

No it doesn't. I've been sending 5 scores per game perfectly fine without any trouble coming from it. I don't know what you're doing, but its just you. The only problem I have is the damn logged out error.

#281 0x6a61686e

0x6a61686e
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 02:18 AM

No it doesn't. I've been sending 5 scores per game perfectly fine without any trouble coming from it. I don't know what you're doing, but its just you. The only problem I have is the damn logged out error.

The first few days of the event it worked fine for me too, this just started happening tonight. I hadn't changed any settings except the '3/3 bypass' needed to get the program to overlook the '3' on the game's page. As a side-note, a nice work-around for that 'logged out' error would be to automatically try re-sending the score whenever it pops up.

Edited by 0x6a61686e, 24 July 2012 - 02:19 AM.

#282 idontknow951

idontknow951
  • 490 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 02:45 AM

The first few days of the event it worked fine for me too, this just started happening tonight. I hadn't changed any settings except the '3/3 bypass' needed to get the program to overlook the '3' on the game's page. As a side-note, a nice work-around for that 'logged out' error would be to automatically try re-sending the score whenever it pops up.

[02:01:46 AM] - [x42/xxx/xxx] - Sent, Made 1000 NP.
[02:04:02 AM] - [x42/xxx/xxx] - Sent, Made 1000 NP.
[02:06:19 AM] - [x42/xxx/xxx] - Sent, Made 1000 NP.
[02:08:41 AM] - [x42/xxx/xxx] - Sent, Made 1000 NP.
[02:10:57 AM] - [x42/xxx/xxx] - Sent, Made 1000 NP.

???

Edited by idontknow951, 24 July 2012 - 02:45 AM.

#283 blanktank

blanktank
  • 12 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 01:37 AM

I was wondering how this works? If you send a score that needs to be reviewed can it look legit at all? do they see that the game wasn't played at all?

I ask because I want to win the better than you contest..

Edited by blanktank, 26 July 2012 - 01:38 AM.

#284 mintpro

mintpro
  • 597 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 July 2012 - 03:51 AM

I was wondering how this works? If you send a score that needs to be reviewed can it look legit at all? do they see that the game wasn't played at all?

I ask because I want to win the better than you contest..

Just use AoB: http://www.neocodex....59-turmac-roll/ and stay under 4500 which is the review score for the game.

#285 Morph

Morph
  • 55 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 02:21 PM

Is it possible/safe to scoresend for Nerkmids? Apparently the game ID is 36 if you go to the hi-score tables..
http://www.neopets.c...html?game_id=36
^^ Right there.

#286 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 August 2012 - 02:23 PM

Is it a flash game? No.
So... no.

#287 idontknow951

idontknow951
  • 490 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 02:25 PM

Is it possible/safe to scoresend for Nerkmids? Apparently the game ID is 36 if you go to the hi-score tables..
http://www.neopets.c...html?game_id=36
^^ Right there.

You could always try it and see what happens.

#288 Morph

Morph
  • 55 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 02:27 PM

Is it a flash game? No.
So... no.

Okay, smart guy. ):

Yeah right I'd try it but it's too risky. My only real account; my main.

#289 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 August 2012 - 02:29 PM

Okay, smart guy. ):

Seriously? That wasn't even rude.
I could (and perhaps should) have called you a fucking imbecile for even thinking it was possible.

#290 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 August 2012 - 02:30 PM

Seriously? That wasn't even rude.
I could (and perhaps should) have called you a fucking imbecile for even thinking it was possible.

Play nice Josephine.

#291 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 August 2012 - 02:31 PM

Play nice Josephine.

I did play nice, and got a sarcastic reply for my trouble. So fuck that ^^

#292 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 August 2012 - 02:32 PM

I did play nice, and got a sarcastic reply for my trouble. So fuck that ^^

It must be a right bitch receiving a sarcastic reply. :p

#293 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 August 2012 - 02:36 PM

It must be a right bitch receiving a sarcastic reply. :p

It's why I like to get in first :p

#294 Kuranaii

Kuranaii
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 08:55 AM

Every game has an ID, just look at the URL. For Assignment 53 it's 1347.

Omggggg i didn't knew thanks (: !!
I saw all the comments and tears over that program, but u just wantedto say that i love it :wub:
It's great for avatars and tophies, but i'm too lazy to create a daily list and stuff, so i don't really make NPs out of it.

#295 autbey

autbey
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 06:37 PM

If you send a score for an avatar and it goes through fine and doesn't get reviewed, are you safe from being frozen?

#296 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 August 2012 - 06:39 PM

Pretty much yes :)

#297 MysteryMunch

MysteryMunch
  • 53 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 August 2012 - 08:41 PM

Does anyone happen to know what causes the "Logged out at some point, score not sent" error? There have been a lot of people talking about it on this topic, but nobody seems to know any work-arounds. Perhaps if we knew what triggered it, we could figure out a way to avoid that trigger.

I've been getting the error with the program manager and score sender being the only thing from my computer connecting to Neopets--no other browser windows, no other programs. I have used Firefox to access other sites (including this one, obviously), as well as YouTube (which uses Flash, but shouldn't interfere with the score sender). Nothing seems to reliably trigger the bug, though, so I'm at a loss.

ETA: I've also been logged out periodically when the program manager is open, but the score sender is not; so this might be a program manager issue--perhaps the solution would be to automatically log back in and start back where you left off. Can you set this program to log you back in automatically like that?

Anybody else know more than I do?

Edited by MysteryMunch, 12 August 2012 - 10:10 PM.

#298 Pichu

Pichu
  • 26 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 August 2012 - 06:24 PM

I find that I get problem sending score message if I have the game time set to over 15 minutes.

#299 MysteryMunch

MysteryMunch
  • 53 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 September 2012 - 08:28 AM

Would anybody be interested in a list of average points per second gained in the Neopets flash games? I have one from timing myself playing the games, and it would be useful for people making up score sender lists, but I'm not sure there isn't one already floating around here somewhere.

ETA: Actually, you know, it can't hurt to just post it. It's not like an extra topic is going to hurt anybody. Back in a few minutes when I've got the thing put together.

Okay, I had a hard time formatting this for the forum, so I just gave up and attached the file instead. It should be on this post.

What you get:

Game number: The number from the URL.
Name: Duh.
Max score: The highest recommended score to avoid review, or if reviewed, to pass review. These are taken from the high score tables and are designed to keep you off them, as well as to avoid impossible scores.
Mod: Game score must be divisible by this number. For most games, it's 1.
Points per second: From my timing myself playing games. These are the number of points per second of play. With a little math, that tells you the legit score range.

How to use:
You want to send a score that will get you as close to 1000 NP as possible without being unrealistically high, and you want to take as much time to send that score as you would if you were playing the game.

The score you should send is the LOWER of these two:
1. The max recommended score.
2. The 1k NP score. You can get this by multiplying the NP multiplier (from the game page) by 1000.

You will want to set a range of scores. Sending the same one every time is a bad idea. I use the above score as a maximum and subtract 20% of it for the lower end of the range.

The time you should take to send it:
Divide (Desired score)/(Points per second). This is the time it takes to play the game with the desired score.
Once again, you will want to send a range of times. In this case, however, a higher time is safer; so you will want to use this time for the lower end of the range and add 20% (or whatever proportion you choose) to it.

Notes:
Some games do not have scores that depend on how long you can play them. Splat-A-Sloth, for example.
Some games have minimum legit scores. For example, sending a score other than 300 for Fashion Fever is a dead giveaway.
You can also do a little math with this list and that month's game ratios to figure out which games are most profitable (NP per second).

Now if we could just fix that "score not sent, logged out at some point" error...

Attached File  times and points list.txt   5.78KB   43 downloads

Edited by MysteryMunch, 12 September 2012 - 06:15 AM.

#300 xxxccc

xxxccc
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 02:14 AM

keeps saying error has occured

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users