The Last Harry Potter Movie!!!111

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 leurz

leurz
  • 146 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 06:43 PM

I just saw it.
I cried like a baby during the snape memory sequence.
Here's what bothered me though.
Okay, so they jump off a dragon into a lake. They swim out, talk about their plan of action and change their clothes. Because they are wet.
(fanservice....i guess)
The camera pans around so we see lots of hairy man belly as they urgently pull off their shirts and change into dry ones.
It mostly omits Hermione changing out of a slinky dress. Whatever, no man-fan-service. I can deal with the double standard.
But here's the thing....they don't change their pants, yet they are dry.
Call me a perv, but wow, really? They just changed their shirts? It was a continuous scene.
They couldn't wave their wands and be dry, but they felt the need to change out of their wet shirts.

It made me wonder for about thirty minutes there during the movie. I guess I could be wrong. The scene went by pretty quick, but I didn't see any boxers.

What did you guys think about the movie?

#2 Tetiel

Tetiel
  • 11533 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 July 2011 - 06:56 PM

I thought the epilogue scene was laughable seeing Ginny as a child with heels and a middle aged woman haircut. Oh, and fat Ron. You'd think with the obviously high budget for CG and make up that they'd be able to "age up" the characters better. It was pathetic. They would have done better just getting different actors.

#3 Pawn

Pawn
  • 31 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 07:07 PM

I shed a few tears at the end of the epilogue scene when the Hogwarts Express pulled away. It's almost symbolic... symbolizing the end.

#4 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 July 2011 - 07:07 PM

Agreed, the epilogue was pathetic.

And I noticed the lack of shirtless Emma Watson in that scene as well. :|

Voldemort's got swag.
Posted Image

#5 Donaldmax

Donaldmax
  • 473 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 07:35 PM

I'm just going to pretend like I didn't read this thread.

#6 ThreeDollarBill

ThreeDollarBill
  • 252 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 07:39 PM

I just came back from watching it again. Yeah, I went to the premiere also, so I've seen it twice in the same week.
I loved it.
Yeah, I cried with Snape's memories part, and also when Harry uses the Resurrection Stone. It was such an emotive movie that brought me some nostalgia moments as well, seeing as how I grew up with the Harry Potter saga. The last part made me remember that fateful day when I was 8 or 9 years old and went to the cinema with my dad and sister to watch Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone. Now it has come to an end.
Oh, I'm going to cry again *sniff*

Edited by IceSandwich, 16 July 2011 - 07:40 PM.

#7 Joanna

Joanna
  • 839 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 July 2011 - 08:01 PM

I saw the premier. FIRST IN LINEEEE! any of you who have my facebook know that... because I boasted about it for like 3 hours, and posted pictures.

Uncontrollable sobbing when *SPOILER ALERT*
Spoiler
Yeah. I loved the movie, but my judgement was clouded. Perhaps when I see it a second or third time I will be able to give a real perspective on it, and compare it to the book. Too many emotions for me to actually pay attention.

Not sure what I thought about the epilogue.

Overall love is in my heart right now.

#8 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 July 2011 - 08:16 PM

I will probably be mixed between two feelings. Rage at them for ruining this amazing book, and sorrow that the series is over. :(. Seeing it tuesday

#9 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 July 2011 - 08:28 PM

I will probably be mixed between two feelings. Rage at them for ruining this amazing book, and sorrow that the series is over. :(. Seeing it tuesday

I thought it didn't do too bad in terms of keeping to the book. There were some omissions, particularly some subplots, and the inevitable cinematographic exaggerations and concessions, but otherwise it was fairly true to the source material.

#10 Jake

Jake
  • 2701 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 03:38 AM

I'm not a huge fan of this series, proof being I haven't watched it since the 3rd or 4th one yet I ended up getting stuck watching this. Don't get me wrong, it's not that I don't like it but more so I don't care for it. I can however imagine what it would be like to be a fan of this though and if I had been, I would be COMPLETELY disappointed in this movie. It was merely decent at best. Not worth a huge blockbuster $100 million (guess) opening weekend.

I thought the epilogue scene was laughable seeing Ginny as a child with heels and a middle aged woman haircut. Oh, and fat Ron. You'd think with the obviously high budget for CG and make up that they'd be able to "age up" the characters better. It was pathetic. They would have done better just getting different actors.

Exactly what my brother said.

#11 moopie

moopie
  • 47 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 04:48 AM

I cried too at Snape's memories! I think that scene redeems the whole movie especially the beginning where they cut out a lot of important parts. Everyone in my theater laughed at Ron and Hermione kissing because it was so sudden LOL, and applauded when Bellatrix died. And I completely agree with the ending, but I laughed more at Draco Malfoy with a beard.

#12 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 July 2011 - 04:50 AM

I thought it didn't do too bad in terms of keeping to the book. There were some omissions, particularly some subplots, and the inevitable cinematographic exaggerations and concessions, but otherwise it was fairly true to the source material.

We must be reading different books :o

#13 Jake

Jake
  • 2701 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 11:59 AM

Spoiler

#14 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 July 2011 - 01:28 PM

I will just have rage because I hated Snape's 'redemption'. Everyone is all sobbing over some bullshit love story JRK pulled out of her ass at the last minute. Oh Snape's been a dick to you for the past 7 years, but now that you see he had a creepy lust for your mother, you name your KID after him? Fuck this bullshit. I'll always miss the good ol' days when Snape was just a bad person.

ALWAYS!!!
*ten minutes later, can be found sobbing and hugging a Severus Snape action figure still in mint packaging while a baby cries in the background*

#15 moopie

moopie
  • 47 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 01:32 PM

I will just have rage because I hated Snape's 'redemption'. Everyone is all sobbing over some bullshit love story JRK pulled out of her ass at the last minute. Oh Snape's been a dick to you for the past 7 years, but now that you see he had a creepy lust for your mother, you name your KID after him? Fuck this bullshit. I'll always miss the good ol' days when Snape was just a bad person.

I always thought JKR planned all of it. :c But yeah it's creepy how he names his kid after him.

#16 Joanna

Joanna
  • 839 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 July 2011 - 07:24 PM

ALWAYS!!!
*ten minutes later, can be found sobbing and hugging a Severus Snape action figure still in mint packaging while a baby cries in the background*

It wasn't only about his love for Lilly... he also grew to care for and protect Harry, just because he wanted to. Then Dumbleydore screwed him over.

#17 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 July 2011 - 07:33 PM

I always thought JKR planned all of it. :c But yeah it's creepy how he names his kid after him.

She did, she wrote the epilouge before the first book was even published I think?

But it is awkward how he names his children after everyone he's ever met.

I was almost expecting a "Rubeus Dobby Buckbeak".

#18 onlyme

onlyme
  • I hate everyone.

• 4319 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 July 2011 - 04:34 AM

Posted Image

#19 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 July 2011 - 08:45 AM

It wasn't only about his love for Lilly... he also grew to care for and protect Harry, just because he wanted to. Then Dumbleydore screwed him over.

What? Where is there any indication of him giving the slightest shit about Harry?

#20 leurz

leurz
  • 146 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 08:53 AM

We must be reading different books :o

Since you brought it up, it was really annoying how there were so many logic errors. It happened so often, and it just kept giving me pause

Warning, raving fan rant below!
Spoiler

I swear I saw a dementor that looked like black gauze tied around a balloon.

#21 moopie

moopie
  • 47 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 09:28 AM

I think it's more like Snape hates Harry because he reminds him of Lily, but he still protected him out of love for Lily and/or to redeem himself. I guess you can argue that, since he accused Dumbledore of "raising him like a pig", he felt sorry for him at one point... but yeah he didn't give a shit.

#22 Guest_prizeraker_*

Guest_prizeraker_*

Posted 19 July 2011 - 10:23 AM

Well I think the Snape thing was't really a surprise to anyone that read the books, but ong the movie completely cut out so many of the coolest fights in the book.

Like the one of the fights is greyback (the bad werewolf dude) against ron+nevile (and they totally could've made the scene where he was eating that girl more impactful >.>)

plus I thought the mrs. weasly vrs bellatrix fight was low key for a magic fight, they can summon animalz n shit!

#23 Narcissa

Narcissa

• 320 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 09:25 PM

I'm a rabid HP fan and I feel like I need to clarify some things (BTW I loved this final movie but I am biased; I was in the same theater that girl, Evanna Lynch, who plays Luna Lovegood was in and even though she'd already seen it she was crying and I handed her some tissues. She later hugged me for it. I also spent the night before at Wizarding World of Harry Potter with 2000 other fans and everything was free for us. Oh, and I saw a fuckton of wizard rock, starkid potter, and got some major sneak previews of Pottermore... although I doubt any of you are nerdy enough to know what a good portion of those all are :rolleyes:)

Warning, raving fan rant below!

Spoiler

I swear I saw a dementor that looked like black gauze tied around a balloon.

Sirius DID give the mirror to Harry; they both had one as they were two way mirrors that both james and sirius used in the marauder days. After Sirius died, Harry smashed the mirror in frustration. I think it was a subplot in the book that really wasn't necessary for the movies and besides in the 1st half they show harry grabbing it, and seeing Aberforth's eye several times; which was pretty much the extent of that plot up until the trio ends up in Hogsmeade.

Harry can sense Horcruxes because of the piece of Voldemort that's in him. If there's pieces of your soul lying about I'm sure that magically, you would be drawn to them.

There was only one horcrux in Gringotts and its explained in the books that the reason Harry thinks one is there is because Voldemort was very broke when he was little and probably fancied having a vault in Gringotts. Plus in the movie they state that Bellatrix freaked the fuck out when she thought they'd taken the sword from her vault asking them what else they had taken.

And, again, Harry is attuned to the horcruxes. He could sense what they were when he was close to him, never mind the fact that he keeps getting flashes from Voldemort about them.

Grawp wasn't mentioned much in the final battle in the book and in cinematic terms it makes more sense to have Nagini sticking close to Voldemort than sitting around in a *magical* bubble. Also, they filmed several various endings to the movie so they may just have cut that out anyways. :thumbsup:

Also, to the whole Snape thing... it was very clear to me, even from the young age of 11, that Snape was a decent and good man, he just fell in with the wrong crowd. I think Snape's feelings towards Harry was really more of a, "I couldn't save the love of my life so I'll try and help her son instead." Snape saved Harry in pretty much every book, if he didn't give a shit about him, Harry would've been dead in the first book. I think when you love someone so deeply and so truly, you're going to do anything you can to save their namesake, even if the child is half of your mortal enemy.

Edited by Narcissa, 19 July 2011 - 09:30 PM.

#24 moopie

moopie
  • 47 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 07:44 AM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but he didn't feel a thing about the necklace when they were clearing out Grimmauld Place. And he had no idea that the diary was connected to Voldemort until the end. He didn't "sense" that the Hufflepuff's cup was a horcrux; he knew it was one because Dumbledore gave him the hint that Voldemort liked making priceless objects that belonged to the founder of Hogwarts into horcruxes.

...but you are definitely a bigger HP fan than I am. I wish I could go to that theme park. ;-;

#25 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 July 2011 - 07:48 AM

I'm a rabid HP fan and I feel like I need to clarify some things (BTW I loved this final movie but I am biased; I was in the same theater that girl, Evanna Lynch, who plays Luna Lovegood was in and even though she'd already seen it she was crying and I handed her some tissues. She later hugged me for it. I also spent the night before at Wizarding World of Harry Potter with 2000 other fans and everything was free for us. Oh, and I saw a fuckton of wizard rock, starkid potter, and got some major sneak previews of Pottermore... although I doubt any of you are nerdy enough to know what a good portion of those all are :rolleyes:)

Sirius DID give the mirror to Harry; they both had one as they were two way mirrors that both james and sirius used in the marauder days. After Sirius died, Harry smashed the mirror in frustration. I think it was a subplot in the book that really wasn't necessary for the movies and besides in the 1st half they show harry grabbing it, and seeing Aberforth's eye several times; which was pretty much the extent of that plot up until the trio ends up in Hogsmeade.

Harry can sense Horcruxes because of the piece of Voldemort that's in him. If there's pieces of your soul lying about I'm sure that magically, you would be drawn to them.

There was only one horcrux in Gringotts and its explained in the books that the reason Harry thinks one is there is because Voldemort was very broke when he was little and probably fancied having a vault in Gringotts. Plus in the movie they state that Bellatrix freaked the fuck out when she thought they'd taken the sword from her vault asking them what else they had taken.

And, again, Harry is attuned to the horcruxes. He could sense what they were when he was close to him, never mind the fact that he keeps getting flashes from Voldemort about them.

Grawp wasn't mentioned much in the final battle in the book and in cinematic terms it makes more sense to have Nagini sticking close to Voldemort than sitting around in a *magical* bubble. Also, they filmed several various endings to the movie so they may just have cut that out anyways. :thumbsup:

Also, to the whole Snape thing... it was very clear to me, even from the young age of 11, that Snape was a decent and good man, he just fell in with the wrong crowd. I think Snape's feelings towards Harry was really more of a, "I couldn't save the love of my life so I'll try and help her son instead." Snape saved Harry in pretty much every book, if he didn't give a shit about him, Harry would've been dead in the first book. I think when you love someone so deeply and so truly, you're going to do anything you can to save their namesake, even if the child is half of your mortal enemy.

I love this post so much. It embodies everything I wanted to say but was too lazy to articulate.

By the way, how was the Pottermore preview? :o

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users