Photo

Virus? Please help!

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Blackout

Blackout
  • 411 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 08:09 PM

Yesterday my computer froze a few times, soon as I started it then it crashed. So I restarted it like suggested, and ignored it. The rest of the day my computer kept freezing up, same today, and since I have been on my computer it has crashed 2 times in the last 15 minutes.

I know nobody will probably be able to help, but suggestions?

Edit:SORRY I posted this topic twice. My computer froze up while I was clicking, and I can barely get through typing this because my computer keeps freezing.

Edited by MsTrollnisha, 11 August 2011 - 08:17 PM.

#2 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 August 2011 - 08:14 PM

Get a USB drive and install something like Malwarebytes onto it from a different and (hopefully) safe computer.

Then run your potentially infected computer in safe mode where you will then scan your computer with the program and see if it picks up anything.

Spoiler

#3 Blackout

Blackout
  • 411 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 08:15 PM

Get a USB drive and install something like Malwarebytes onto it from a different and (hopefully) safe computer.

Then run your potentially infected computer in safe mode where you will then scan your computer with the program and see if it picks up anything.

Spoiler

I already have this virus scanner "Avast!" and I was gonna run it tonight, but with my computer crashing twice in 15 minutes, I don't even know if I will have enough time to scan anything on it.

#4 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 August 2011 - 08:16 PM

I already have this virus scanner "Avast!" and I was gonna run it tonight, but with my computer crashing twice in 15 minutes, I don't even know if I will have enough time to scan anything on it.

Avast should have picked something up if it was active, but it didn't, so it sucks.

Just run Malwarebytes in safe mode and see if it gets anything, if not, you got a bit more serious of a problem.

#5 Blackout

Blackout
  • 411 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 08:20 PM

Avast should have picked something up if it was active, but it didn't, so it sucks.

Just run Malwarebytes in safe mode and see if it gets anything, if not, you got a bit more serious of a problem.

2 problems.

1.With just me and my mom. There is 1 computer in the house, which is my laptop, and she uses her iPad which she got before iPad 2 so it does not have USB.
2.My USB has been having problems FOREVER.

#6 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 August 2011 - 08:22 PM

2 problems.

1.With just me and my mom. There is 1 computer in the house, which is my laptop, and she uses her iPad which she got before iPad 2 so it does not have USB.
2.My USB has been having problems FOREVER.

1.) Get help from a friend, surely you have someone you can pester enough to get it.

2.) USB sticks are dirt cheap for what you'll need, pony up 10 bucks and you're golden.

#7 Blackout

Blackout
  • 411 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 08:26 PM

Ok, I will try that probably when I go over to my friends if he doesn't want me downloading, I will just go to my cuz's.

Is there anything else you can suggest?

#8 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 August 2011 - 08:31 PM

Ok, I will try that probably when I go over to my friends if he doesn't want me downloading, I will just go to my cuz's.

Is there anything else you can suggest?

Get a better Anti-Virus, I guess.

Microsoft Security Essentials is free.

#9 Blackout

Blackout
  • 411 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 08:33 PM

Get a better Anti-Virus, I guess.

Microsoft Security Essentials is free.

Thank you, bookmarked. :]
Will download tomorrow.

#10 unworthy

unworthy
  • 602 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 09:19 PM

maybe see if your computer is dirty on the inside..It could be overheating and just shutting off..My old overclocked computer would overheat while playing bfbc2 and would shut off just when the game got good..It is also summer so you never know.

//I like the Malwarebytes running off of a flash drive idea(used it myself many times)

and what is crashed..Is it the blue screen of death??
or is it just shutting off.

Check to see if the power cable in the back is loose.

Download "speccy" and see what your computer temp is.

Edited by unworthy, 11 August 2011 - 09:21 PM.

#11 frostz

frostz
  • 594 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 11:58 PM

Here is a quick solution if you actually have a virus thats causing these issues, and preventing you from running antivirus software either because its blocking it form running, or because your computer crashes too quickly

download and try running rkill.exe and see if it stops any known malware processes. then run antivirus.

#12 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 August 2011 - 12:05 AM

Safe mode.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users