Photo

So I am currently hoarding Ghost PBs

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 gig

gig
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 01:48 AM

So yea, as the topic says I'm in the process of gathering up as many ghost pbs as possible in an effort to raise their general value.

this isn't so much in an effort to make money as it is a mixture of 1: I really like ghost PBs, and 2: I kinda wanna just see if it can be done.
the GHost paintbrush is a unique hoarde item because of a few factors:

1: they are not that easily generated, there isn't too many places you can get new ghost pbs, the vast majority of people who ever get one usually do so from another user

2: they are expensive enough that not too many other people would try hoarding them, but cheap enough that it can be done without being bill gates rich. if I tried this same thing with say, fairy of maractite brushes I'd need to be rich enough to buy fairieland

So far I only have 12, but I'm getting more all the time. with good ol abrosia backing my bankroll I can consistently keep snatching them up from auctions, TP and(preferably because it's cheapest) shops. I collected these 12 in just a few days. imagine how many I'll have in a month.

so just letting you guys know, if you start to notice ghost pbs starting to spike in price, I'm likely the asshole responsible

#2 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 October 2011 - 04:20 AM

so just letting you guys know, if you start to notice ghost pbs starting to spike in price, I'm likely the asshole responsible

That made me giggle ;)
Good luck! I am interested to see your progress. You might consider tracking your buy prices in a spreadsheet, would be awesome to see the progression over time as you build up your stash.

#3 Junsu

Junsu
  • 1566 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 06:04 AM

Cannot tell if troll... but either way LOL

Good luck, you'll need it.

Edited by coolaznmagekid342, 06 October 2011 - 06:05 AM.

#4 Fog

Fog
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 06:43 AM

Is this a good idea? Isn't item inflation hard to do, and more of a risk then anything? If I see any for cheap, or come across any I'll help though!!!

#5 Ladida

Ladida
  • Night Owl 🌛

• 2152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 October 2011 - 06:56 AM

KQ gives out Ghost PBs, so I'm not sure how much luck you're going to have here :/ And ghost pets just don't seem to be something most people demand. I hope you're not stuck with a bunch of PBs you're just going to have a Hell of a time reselling :p

#6 Cory

Cory
  • Dinnerbone'd

• 7487 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 October 2011 - 07:05 AM

*Sells ghost paint brushes at super inflated price so op purchases them and I make a profit.*

#7 gig

gig
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 11:01 AM

KQ gives out Ghost PBs, so I'm not sure how much luck you're going to have here ../../public/style_emoticons/default/1we8.gif And ghost pets just don't seem to be something most people demand. I hope you're not stuck with a bunch of PBs you're just going to have a Hell of a time reselling ../../public/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif

KQ?

and if they where that easy to get/not very wanted, why are they worth about 100,000?

I can find christmas PBs for about 40K, biscuit for 70, cloud for 70, glass for 80, glowing for 50, speckled for 45, etc.

clearly the ghost PB is either 1: in higher demand or 2: harder to get than alot of other PBs.

like I said, it's unique because it's a middle ground. it's expensive enough that most people wouldn't try to hoard it, but cheap enough to hoarde it without needing to be mega rich

and to answer some other comments: keep in mind like I said in my first post, I'm not really doing this to make money, I'm making money just fine. this is more just an experiment to see if it can be done. that and I happen to really like ghost PBS

#8 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 October 2011 - 11:07 AM

KQ?

KQ = Key Quest. Gold keys (sometimes) give out PB's as prizes.
http://www.sunnyneo....ist.php#content

#9 Kat

Kat
  • KatDog 5ever

• 2098 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 October 2011 - 11:15 AM

Ghost isn't really a popular color anyway.
But for experimental purposes, good luck! I personally would have chosen an item a bit higher in demand and not given out as often.

#10 gig

gig
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 11:25 AM

Ghost isn't really a popular color anyway.
But for experimental purposes, good luck! I personally would have chosen an item a bit higher in demand and not given out as often.

well keep in mind it has to be something I can HOARD
a\
ghost PBs are worth about 100K a pop. unless you're pretty rich you can't really get much higher than that for hoarding purposes. remember I have to get enough of them that they become scarcer on the market as a whole to raise the price, just a few of them won't work

thats why I chose the GPB. not too cheap, not too expensive. it's also a consumable, you use it and it vanishes. this is in contrast to things like BD weapons and armor where the same set can be used and change hands countless times

#11 ifailatnames

ifailatnames
  • 26 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 03:52 PM

Anything that is released from something as repeatable as keyquest is probably a bad idea to horde UNLESS you have 100m+ nps so you can get all of them out of circulation. This would be a huge undertaking for anyone with a bunch of nps, let alone someone who doesn't have the pure to set the groundwork.

#12 inima

inima
  • 92 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 03:58 PM

LOL? Good luck (really.. ._.)

#13 Junsu

Junsu
  • 1566 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 04:05 PM

LOLOL OMG YOU'RE SERIOUS.

You fail to understand the part of supply and demand.
The ghost paint brush has a constant supply coming from KQ, RE, Fruit Machine, etc.
By you hoarding maybe even 100 of them will still have no significant impact as there are still tons more around, I would estimate 500-1000.
Not enough people want ghost paint brushes; its not a popular color.

The prices will not rise. There just isnt enough people who are interested and even if there were, the constant supply would keep the price stable.

At the very least, you only wasted 1.2mil.

Edited by coolaznmagekid342, 06 October 2011 - 04:06 PM.

#14 ifailatnames

ifailatnames
  • 26 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 04:08 PM

Actually, after thinking about it, why are people saying "good luck" instead of giving decent advice and saying "this is fundamentally flawed"? Saying "good luck" to this idea is like saying "good luck" to someone who's about to invest in piles of dung.

Nice idea but fundamentally flawed, please don't try it you'll just be wasting your nps and time.

#15 Musician

Musician
  • 669 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 October 2011 - 04:10 PM

Good luck.

I have over 400 Conservancy Newsletters from the old Save the Wheels event.
& they've deflated in value.

#16 DenyingSystems

DenyingSystems
  • 578 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 04:32 PM

Good luck.

I have over 400 Conservancy Newsletters from the old Save the Wheels event.
& they've deflated in value.

800+ Taelia Style Coats. Wasn't even close to buying those puppies out.

Edit: OP, if you're actually trying to inflate an item, any item that is continued to be released won't work very well. Uncommon r101+ items would work much better, although even then it's not easy.

Edited by DenyingSystems, 06 October 2011 - 04:33 PM.

#17 chicityballa

chicityballa
  • 209 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 04:39 PM

yeah to tell you the truth I don't think this will workout especially at the rate you're buying the PBs at. You would need to spend millions a day to constantly make sure supply is low in order to see inflation occurring. Either you need to be mega rich or have some sort of inflation team with several other members all trying to inflate it together. I didn't realize key quests give out ghost pbs, but that along with fruit machine and random events, I assume there's more than the 12 you've collected being introduced into the economy in the same amount of time (maybe even more than that).

But if you really think you'll be able to inflate this, because we could all be wrong, then good luck!

Edited by chicityballa, 06 October 2011 - 04:40 PM.

#18 Teucer

Teucer
  • 124 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 October 2011 - 04:55 PM

I would advise not doing this. You'll probably manage to inflate the price a bit, but you'd be loosing money on each additional paint brush because you'd be buying inflated goods --- goods that you caused to be inflated. And that won't help you, lol.

#19 James

James
  • â™” King James â™”

• 1539 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 05:26 PM

Even if it doesn't work, just buy 1337 of them and everybody will think something about you.

#20 Musician

Musician
  • 669 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 October 2011 - 05:30 PM

800+ Taelia Style Coats. Wasn't even close to buying those puppies out.

Edit: OP, if you're actually trying to inflate an item, any item that is continued to be released won't work very well. Uncommon r101+ items would work much better, although even then it's not easy.

That's even worse. o:
I THOUGHT I was getting close to buying them all out... and then there came another wave of them. ;~;

#21 Neoquest

Neoquest
  • 1760 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 October 2011 - 05:42 PM

This won't work at all. It was pretty much already explained why, but just stop wasting your money on them as soon as possible. They will not increase in value. Stay away from PBs when trying to inflate things.

#22 Thepeopleschampion

Thepeopleschampion
  • 265 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 12:35 AM

Ghost isnt a POP colour anyways...u wasted alot of money dude

#23 Cyo

Cyo
  • Pauly D

• 2561 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 October 2011 - 05:42 AM

You'd be better off with a retired item (like snowbunnies maybe). Either way you're retarded.

#24 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 October 2011 - 07:22 AM

You'd be better off with a retired item (like snowbunnies maybe). Either way you're retarded.

No, you!!

Anyway. I'm currently hoarding Blandfish. Someday they will be worth millions! Because by that point, I will have millions of them.

#25 LOLButter

LOLButter
  • 47 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 11:07 AM

so how much will the paintbrushes be worth in, say, a month? Triple your money?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users