Users Awards

Posted 07 October 2011 - 12:59 PM

So what do you think about it?

#2 Neoquest

Neoquest
  • 1760 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 October 2011 - 01:00 PM

I watched the first 11 episodes and then stopped. It's nice to watch while relaxing I suppose.

#3 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 October 2011 - 01:08 PM

No.

#4 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 October 2011 - 01:25 PM

It's entertaining, but it's hardly anything to obsess over.

Here's why:

#5 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 October 2011 - 01:40 PM

I've never seen it, but after wasting a few minutes skipping through that incredibly boring video, I had to go find something to redeem this poor series.

#6 Desmodius

Desmodius
  • 33 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 02:12 PM

I don't understand the Brony people at all.

It's a cartoon made for Little Girls!!!!

What is the appeal?

#7 ShinaDutchAD

ShinaDutchAD
  • Banned from trading! Do not trade with this member!

• 532 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 07:10 PM

Just because it's made for a certain age group....doesn't mean other people can't enjoy it.

I personally don't like the series, but I can see why others do

#8 Foxer

Foxer
  • 26 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 03:55 PM

I'm a brony. <3 It was actually my boyfriend who introduced me to the show, and at first I was really skeptical, I teased him a lot about it until he asked me if I had watched it. I was put to shame for having judged something without experiencing it myself, so I went and watched a few episodes.

And I was hooked.

Yes, it's a show made for little girls, but I'm a 20 year old female and I can still relate to and appreciate the depth and diversity of the characters. The writing is intelligent, not terribly cliche and the humour is right on the mark. I even introduced it to my 10 year old brother and he really liked it, too. I suppose with everything there will be some who don't understand the appeal, and that's fine. ^-^

As for me? I'm a mix of Fluttershy and Twilight. x3

#9 Desmodius

Desmodius
  • 33 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 03:59 PM

I guess I should rephrase.

What I don't understand is the fandom behind the show. Liking the show is one thing, but turning it into some sort of pseudo-cult (at least from my point of view) freaks me out lol.

#10 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 October 2011 - 03:59 PM

It has taken over every forum I love. The people that like it are only pretending to like it to troll.

#11 Drakonid

Drakonid
  • 805 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 October 2011 - 04:10 PM

If people are pretending to like it, it's hardly trolling anymore. If people actually like it and try to defend it as a legitimate form of entertainment, they can get the fuck off my planet.

I stand corrected.

Edited by Drakonid, 26 January 2012 - 09:28 AM.

#12 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 October 2011 - 04:47 PM

If people actually like it and try to defend it as a legitimate form of entertainment, they can get the fuck off my planet.

How isn't it a legitimate form of entertainment? It's a show made for little girls, let the little girls find it amusing.

#13 Glow

Glow
  • 73 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 05:13 PM

Every single one of my friends has tried to get me to watch it.

Every. Single. One.

It's stupid as hell, honestly.

#14 Guest_prizeraker_*

Guest_prizeraker_*

Posted 16 October 2011 - 07:06 PM

I'm a brony. <3 It was actually my boyfriend who introduced me to the show, and at first I was really skeptical, I teased him a lot about it until he asked me if I had watched it. I was put to shame for having judged something without experiencing it myself, so I went and watched a few episodes.

And I was hooked.

Yes, it's a show made for little girls, but I'm a 20 year old female and I can still relate to and appreciate the depth and diversity of the characters. The writing is intelligent, not terribly cliche and the humour is right on the mark. I even introduced it to my 10 year old brother and he really liked it, too. I suppose with everything there will be some who don't understand the appeal, and that's fine. ^-^

As for me? I'm a mix of Fluttershy and Twilight. x3

I think its everyone's predisposition to the medium that puts them off, which is a shame because you're right: there is a some decent humor in this series.

Its honestly got some good jokes in there. And to put it into perspective for people that refuse to watch it, lemme ask you something:

Have you seen spongebob squarepants in its earlier seasons (before the original creator signed off)? Its good, right? There are things in there that make kids laugh and things in there that make adults laugh.
Now imagine if someone, lets say John, were to say "dear god spongebob was made for kids, its so sickening. I'll never watch that crap". All you can do is sadly shake your head as this poor person prematurely judges a show they haven't watched. You know that spongebob is actually pretty good, maybe if its script were in live action that person might appreciate it more.

Its pretty much the same thing with this show. Don't be John *dramatic music* The more you know

Edited by prizeraker, 16 October 2011 - 07:07 PM.

#15 chini

chini
  • 67 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 02:27 PM

Oh gosh, I have that mp3 lying around in my music folder.

I think the show is neat, and fluid animation-wise. I enjoy watching it. Fluttershy's personality is nearly identical to mine.

#16 Mirailecious

Mirailecious
  • 15 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 12:07 PM

Oh gosh, I have that mp3 lying around in my music folder.

I think the show is neat, and fluid animation-wise. I enjoy watching it. Fluttershy's personality is nearly identical to mine.

I just adore Fluttershy. I don't know why, but her personality appeals to me :3

#17 Feral

Feral
  • 43 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 06:55 PM

I'm no brony, but I do enjoy it. Kind of for the ironic value, but I like it all the same. Rainbow Dash is my favorite.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users