Photo

Almost Abandoned Attic

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#1 StrikeFreedom

StrikeFreedom
  • 109 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 09:40 PM

So I have AAA enabled, and just missed a 20m item from it :o .... I've never gotten a single item from AAA, probably 0/50 now. What is the rate at which you get items? and do you have settings that help you do so? Is AAA more efficient than main shop alone? Early thanks for sharing!

#2 Aarpm

Aarpm
  • 92 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 10:38 PM

So I have AAA enabled, and just missed a 20m item from it :o .... I've never gotten a single item from AAA, probably 0/50 now. What is the rate at which you get items? and do you have settings that help you do so? Is AAA more efficient than main shop alone? Early thanks for sharing!

Hello. My settings are on the default. I usually buy 5 items from the attic each day. Maybe if you set the Minimum Profit option a bit lower, you would have less competition. Good luck.

#3 Abradix

Abradix
  • 769 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 10:47 PM

Maybe if you set the Minimum Profit option a bit lower, you would have less competition. Good luck.

I like the way you think. Rep for you.

People are always aiming for the million NP item... I don't wanna waste time browsing boards and hawking crap on a site I begrudgingly play to make spare cash, give me the 25k attic item any day of the week. Posted Image

#4 StrikeFreedom

StrikeFreedom
  • 109 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 12:21 AM

I ended up finally snagging something, and it says it took 9000ms to buy it. is this normal? My "general refresh rate" is 8s... does this mean that item was lying there for 9s after abrosia saw it, and luckily no one else took it in that 9 seconds? seems way to slow..

#5 repap

repap
  • 50 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 12:25 AM

It always has a high buy time like that. I don't know how it works.

#6 agedton

agedton
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 09:57 AM

Never any sucess.

#7 kleur

kleur
  • 133 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 10:07 AM

can someone explan me what attic is? I only know the normal main shops

#8 Spirited

Spirited
  • 677 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 November 2011 - 10:44 AM

It always has a high buy time like that. I don't know how it works.

I read before that the high buy times are a result of the buy time + refresh time. I don't really know how to calculate it though, my settings for abrosia is very very risky but my main shop buy times are around 1800ms. Maybe I'm too far away from the servers or something. :unsure:

can someone explan me what attic is? I only know the normal main shops

Almost Abandoned Attic, AAA, is only accessible when your account is 36months+ old. I believe it stocks r80 to r99 items at its estimated price (when you view the item in your inventory).

-

My highest profit from attic was a 1.5m item but I sold it to a collector for 800k. No one seems to want to buy it anyway, so I might as well sell cheaper. xD

Edited by DeSpacey, 05 November 2011 - 10:50 AM.

#9 kleur

kleur
  • 133 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 10:56 AM

oke, and what do i have to do to let attic works?

#10 StrikeFreedom

StrikeFreedom
  • 109 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 11:05 AM

in program settings for abrosia, there are 3 tabs for shopping, "main shops", "igloo", "attic" -- go to the attic one, very intuitive.

#11 kleur

kleur
  • 133 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 12:06 PM

you only can use it with a 3years old account? why? and are there 3 years account for sale and what are the prices?

#12 Rainie

Rainie
  • 854 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 12:09 PM

you only can use it with a 3years old account? why? and are there 3 years account for sale and what are the prices?

"The Almost Abandoned Attic is a so called Loyal User Perk, it means it's a little extra for players who have been on Neopets for quite some time now."
&Idunno the answer to your 2nd question cX~~ You should check the Trading forums though ^__^

#13 kleur

kleur
  • 133 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 12:16 PM

so an account thats 1,5 years old, cant use AAA? when I use it with 1,5 it wont buy anything?

#14 Rainie

Rainie
  • 854 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 12:19 PM

so an account thats 1,5 years old, cant use AAA? when I use it with 1,5 it wont buy anything?

"The attic is only available for users with an account that is at least 3 years old."
In your previous post you also realized that your account needed to be at least 3 years old to shop at the AAA didn't you? o:

#15 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 November 2011 - 01:06 PM

Well no :V Like Rainie said, it's a shop for Cool Kidz and Old Accounts Only Keep Out No Newbies Allowed, heheh.

I haven't been able to snag anything out of there, sadly :(

Edited by Turnip, 05 November 2011 - 01:07 PM.

#16 ShinaDutchAD

ShinaDutchAD
  • Banned from trading! Do not trade with this member!

• 532 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 08:55 PM

I remember snagging an Island Draik Egg from there once. It was AWESOME.

But yeah...with Abrosia...I just leave it on the default settings.

I end up getting enough profit for the day. Note, it's nothing HUGE, but I don't care about making millions in seconds :3

Just have patience...it will pay off

#17 StrikeFreedom

StrikeFreedom
  • 109 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 09:58 PM

Are the default settings for advanced members the same as regular member's? Mine (regular member) are 8 second general refresh and 3-5s attic

#18 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 November 2011 - 10:00 PM

Are the default settings for advanced members the same as regular member's? Mine (regular member) are 8 second general refresh and 3-5s attic

default, yes. but we can change them so I guess there's no real "default"

#19 kleur

kleur
  • 133 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 12:40 AM

I have an account that's 8 years old, but I don't know what kind of dates I filled in, so I cant login on that one :S

#20 Goose

Goose
  • 199 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 05:14 AM

I usually get 5 items a day, even not AB'ing it's fairly easy to grab stuff if you open up a timer. It's probably my best income source and where I snag the most interesting items...usually HTS though.

I have an account that's 8 years old, but I don't know what kind of dates I filled in, so I cant login on that one :S

If you submit a ticket they will tell you what the birthday was, so long as you can answer some questions about the account. :)

#21 lluvia

lluvia
  • 162 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 01:50 PM

This is slightly unrelated but while this topic is here - I think last week on the PC, some people were talking about the AAA, and one of them went, "I usually stay away from the AAA because it's full of ABers," to which someone else replied, "Really? Are ABers still plaguing the site?"

made me think of codex, abrosia, and how it was broken but then was fixed to work in the AAA. :)

#22 StrikeFreedom

StrikeFreedom
  • 109 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 08:03 PM

Just want to confirm that abrosia's attic timer is off by 1 hour -- i posted on the abrosia program thread already, but none of u guys have been about to get anything from AAA after the 2am NST DST change last night correct?

#23 matt1337t

matt1337t
  • 14 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 08:20 PM

yea i havent gotten anything at all today

#24 StrikeFreedom

StrikeFreedom
  • 109 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 08:25 PM

no faerie mp to brag about huh? hahaha

#25 matt1337t

matt1337t