• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#1 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 November 2011 - 09:17 PM

Is there something, for whatever reason, you find difficult to talk about?

For me, it's how much I appreciate someone to their face. like I never tell my friends how much I appreciate them, same with family, or even people online. I dunno why, but it just seems unnatural to me. As a result people tend to think I'm an unappreciative asshole, but I just find it REALLY difficult to share my true feelings of how I feel about someone.

Do you have one? Sex? Financial circumstance? Your past? Your future? Your weight? Anything?

#2 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 November 2011 - 09:32 PM

Rather (un)surprisingly it would be my Hobby, at least in public.

It's not weird at all to listen to some geek talk about his obsession with animated girls at all, no sir.

#3 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 November 2011 - 09:35 PM

Rather (un)surprisingly it would be my Hobby, at least in public.

It's not weird at all to listen to some geek talk about his obsession with animated girls at all, no sir.

Do you have an anime pillow?

#4 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 November 2011 - 09:43 PM

Do you have an anime pillow?

No comment.

Spoiler

#5 jonahfinn

jonahfinn
  • 1006 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 10:06 PM

For me, it's how much I appreciate someone to their face. like I never tell my friends how much I appreciate them, same with family, or even people online. I dunno why, but it just seems unnatural to me. As a result people tend to think I'm an unappreciative asshole, but I just find it REALLY difficult to share my true feelings of how I feel about someone.

ahaha, i'm with your there.
I just find it awkward to compliment friends/family because I'm always mocking them in some manner.
It's all fine when it's a complete stranger or someone not close to me.

#6 Therion

Therion
  • 209 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 10:32 PM

My ex's are pretty much the only thing I'm not comfortable talking about, and that is largely due to painful memories. Nothing else really gives me difficulty, unless you count icebreakers as things I find tough. My social skills need work.

#7 Applepi

Applepi
  • 1641 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 November 2011 - 08:53 AM

I feel uncomfortable talking about why I deserve something... like with interviews..worst question ever: Tell me why we should hire/accept you to our program?

#8 Rainie

Rainie
  • 854 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 08:53 AM

For me, it's how much I appreciate someone to their face. like I never tell my friends how much I appreciate them, same with family, or even people online...

Well, I'm fine with telling others, "Thanks I really appreciate it ^u^" (or something similar) if they help me, but (I'm not sure if this counts cX) when my friends tell me that they love me (in a friendly way of course!) I just awkwardly reply with ,"Er.. yeah.. I... love you too..........." X3

I also find it hard to talk about anything sad really cx.. I get teary super easily.. I think I have a disorder called I-cry-way-too-easily or something ;~~~;
( If I just see somebody cry then I can end up crying D: )

#9 Musician

Musician
  • 669 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 November 2011 - 08:55 AM

I find it hard to be truly sympathetic towards someone.
People say I always end up sounding sarcastic, even if I really mean it. ._.

#10 Rainie

Rainie
  • 854 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 08:56 AM

I feel uncomfortable talking about why I deserve something... like with interviews..worst question ever: Tell me why we should hire/accept you to our program?

:o I agree with that also!
I work part-time at a cafe and one of the questions they had asked me at the interview was, "Why would you be a good employee?" (or something similar cX) and I was afraid of coming off as bragging or something :x
/Although, I did end up getting hired ^^/

#11 Musician

Musician
  • 669 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 November 2011 - 08:58 AM

ahaha, i'm with your there.
I just find it awkward to compliment friends/family because I'm always mocking them in some manner.
It's all fine when it's a complete stranger or someone not close to me.

Me too! I mean, I say "I love you" to my mom all the time, but it'd be awkward if I actually sat down with her and told her how much I appreciate her.

#12 Amagius

Amagius
  • 1117 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 09:54 AM

Tribulations. Ideally, any struggle I go through is either tragic or of my own choice.

Anything tragic, or an event occurring to me, is unavoidable and all it amounts to is complaining. I'm human and need consolation much of the time, but that just begs something like, "At least you aren't that hungry kid in Somalia. You can off yourself if it's really that bad." All you can do in tragedy is act accordingly.

And, if this is the struggle I've chosen, well, it's my own and it must be for something I wanted. How can I complain about school, work, or art when it is a part of the system or model that gets me what I want? If I don't really want it, well, then there is no struggle. I stop doing it.

It's too complex for me and any consistent model is truly incomplete; still, any tribulation that doesn't end in a form of positivity only converges on a single sad truth. There are too many positive things for complaining.

#13 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 November 2011 - 09:55 AM

ooohhh good one! I hate talking about my own achievements in that sense :p Like in something official, in everyday life I don't mind going "Wooot! I Got an A+!" or "woot! I got a draik morphing potion" xD

Well, I'm fine with telling others, "Thanks I really appreciate it ^u^" (or something similar) if they help me, but (I'm not sure if this counts cX) when my friends tell me that they love me (in a friendly way of course!) I just awkwardly reply with ,"Er.. yeah.. I... love you too..........." X3

I also find it hard to talk about anything sad really cx.. I get teary super easily.. I think I have a disorder called I-cry-way-too-easily or something ;~~~;
( If I just see somebody cry then I can end up crying D: )

I dunno, in a weird way it makes me seem like it's much more special when I truly tell them how much they mean to me. It usually only happens once in a lifetime... I think I have it drilled in my brain that the more I say something, the less sincere it seems, to the point where I Just never tell people anymore.

I never cry. Men don't cry.

I find it hard to be truly sympathetic towards someone.

Haha I"m the exact opposite. I am awesome at sounding sympathetic and empathetic, when really I rarely give two shits. It helps me survive having girls as friends

#14 Musician

Musician
  • 669 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 November 2011 - 10:14 AM

I never cry. Men don't cry.

Haha I"m the exact opposite. I am awesome at sounding sympathetic and empathetic, when really I rarely give two shits. It helps me survive having girls as friends

Men don't cry?
LIES. <_<

I find it awkward to deal with people who are crying, but I'm a good listener, so most of the time I just sit there and offer a shoulder to cry on.

#15 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 November 2011 - 10:30 AM

Men don't cry?
LIES. <_<

I find it awkward to deal with people who are crying, but I'm a good listener, so most of the time I just sit there and offer a shoulder to cry on.

Sorry, let me rephrase that:

Real men don't cry.

I don't cry. THerefore I am a man. Although I'm probably the worst example of one :D I Just don't cry. Crying accomplishes nothing, just work through it.

THat being said, if I for some reason would need to cry, I wouldn't suppress it per se.

#16 Blackout

Blackout
  • 411 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 11:11 AM

Is there something, for whatever reason, you find difficult to talk about?

Do you have one? Sex? Financial circumstance? Your past? Your future? Your weight? Anything?

Agreed. I find it kinda weird or something to say "I love you mom, and thanks for everything you do" and have those family moments.

#17 California

California
  • 136 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 11:43 AM

I have a lot of trouble talking about my dad. He's been "sick" since I was about five.. cheated death several times. He has taught me a lot about personal strength and perseverance.

And considering it's actually hard to talk about, that's all I have to say about that.

#18 Dazz

Dazz
  • Musicyclopedia

• 3242 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 November 2011 - 01:38 PM

Sorry, let me rephrase that:

Real men don't cry.

I think you'll find it is boys who do not cry.
Spoiler

#19 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 November 2011 - 01:46 PM

I think you'll find it is boys who do not cry.

Spoiler

Spoiler

I also can never talk about sex with my parents. They tried once, I ran out of the room soooo fast

This was like in August.

#20 Rainie

Rainie
  • 854 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 02:30 PM

I also can never talk about sex with my parents. They tried once, I ran out of the room soooo fast

I've never had the "sex talk" with my parents cX
My mom just let my brother and I watch these Hong Kong shows with her and they included kissing & bed scenes /not them *actually* having sex though of course!) since we were 8 and we just kind of learned by ourselves I guess o:
/Although when I was 9 I thought that just kissing somebody could make you pregnant cx.. misleading shows/scenes! It just showed Shirley Yeung kissing somebody and then like a month later she found out she was pregnant/

I have a lot of trouble talking about my dad. He's been "sick" since I was about five.. cheated death several times. He has taught me a lot about personal strength and perseverance.

I can kind of relate, except with my grandfather, and he's deceased now o:
I feel really bad that I never really talked to him after I turned like 7 though since he (and my grandmother) took care of me for the first 5 years of my life and I was his favorite granddaughter (I'm my aunt and two uncles' favorite niece also o.o) :x
Plus whenever my family visited him at the hospital I hated going because I wanted to hang out with friends/etc. and when we were there I just kind of ignored him, which I regret so much now because I realize how much he's done for me ;~~;

#21 Abunaidesuka

Abunaidesuka
  • 85 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 03:24 PM

Deaths. I try to stay emotionally detached from people, so whenever someone tries to speak about a friend/family member passing away recently, it always throws me off.

#22 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 November 2011 - 05:13 PM

I'm pretty open about anything depending on the person.
Once I know you well enough, I'll pretty much tell you anything.

However, there are some things about myself that I strictly do not talk about to anyone. I like it better that way.

#23 ShinaDutchAD

ShinaDutchAD
  • Banned from trading! Do not trade with this member!

• 532 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 05:34 PM

I have a hard time talking about my past (as cliché...etc as this sounds)

My past has been pretty rocky, so I always choke up when I try to talk about it.

It stays rooted in the back of my mind

#24 Blackout

Blackout
  • 411 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 05:35 PM

And considering it's actually hard to talk about, that's all I have to say about that.

Oh yes. My great grand mother. Also the fact one of my only memories of her was when she yelled at me. I try to forget that memory.:crybaby:

#25 Foe

Foe
  • 168 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 November 2011 - 05:48 PM

I find it hard to talk about myself to others, everything else I'm fine with.

Amen

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users