Quantcast

Photo

Krokodil: Newish drug that eats druggies from the inside...

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#26 yeah

yeah
  • 260 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 06:19 PM

Oh. God. So sores form all over the place and then your skin falls off. Cool, cool. I just... urghh. The mental images.

#27 WharfRat

WharfRat
  • 11157 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 November 2011 - 06:49 PM

This thread is proof that I have been long retired from the drug culture and the scene involving manufacturing of synthetic drugs...

P.s. I have nothing valuable to add to this thread.

#28 fallendevilz

fallendevilz
  • 112 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 07:44 PM

Completely agree with Waser.. Once other people are involved in the situation (Crime, or emotional attatchment), Which is inevitable.
They no longer have anything valuable to contribute to society until they are clean.
Also, ALL habits are 'kick-able'.. Some maybe harder than others (Alot harder).
But if they don't have the will-power or means to do it themselves, they shouldn't be allowed into normal society.
Opinion.

Fallen.

#29 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 November 2011 - 09:16 PM

So what about alcoholics then? You can't kick that cold turkey so continuously need to ween yourself off something that is extremely cheap and available.

#30 Applepi

Applepi
  • 1641 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 November 2011 - 09:34 PM

So what about alcoholics then? You can't kick that cold turkey so continuously need to ween yourself off something that is extremely cheap and available.

My dad tried quitting cold turkey-didn't work, he tried weaning himself of-didn't workf, he eventually entered a rehab program (that he was forced into for health reasons) and that finally did the trick. However, I have seen cases of people quitting without help and the one thing they all have in common, there was some super motivating factor. One person quit after they realized they were putting their daugher's safety and health at risk (its kinda a really sad story) and another after his wife threatened to leave him and he realized he cared more about her than the booze.

Is it hard to quit? Yes. Is it impossible? Absolutely not, just like with almost everything else in life, its something you need to work hard to acheive.

#31 Musician

Musician
  • 669 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 November 2011 - 11:18 PM

Urghhh, rotting to death?!
I have a very active imagination, so I don't think I'll sleep that well tonight...

#32 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 November 2011 - 05:28 AM

Every time I see the title of this thread 'Krokodil' all I can think of is Schnappi.

Ich bin Schnappi, das kleiner Krokodil

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7055235710129334638

Posted Image

(This is horrible and inaccurate and I don't even know what krokodil looks like but yeah, couldn't help myself :3)

But oh my goodness, that sounds absolutely horrible D: I can understand wanting to get high and addictions and what have you, but seriously?! Having your skin and muscles and everything rot just for a cheap drug fix? Nnnno thank you :(

#33 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 November 2011 - 06:42 AM

However, I have seen cases of people quitting without help and the one thing they all have in common, there was some super motivating factor. One person quit after they realized they were putting their daugher's safety and health at risk (its kinda a really sad story) and another after his wife threatened to leave him and he realized he cared more about her than the booze.

Is it hard to quit? Yes. Is it impossible? Absolutely not, just like with almost everything else in life, its something you need to work hard to acheive.

Alcoholics can't quit cold turkey due to fact that they die if they do.

#34 Trichomes

Trichomes
  • 🐱 💖 🍄

• 1781 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 November 2011 - 08:26 AM

Alcoholics can't quit cold turkey due to fact that they die if they do.

That depends on the extent of their alcoholism.
Sure, any alcoholic will suffer from withdrawal symptoms, but they don't necessarily have to be life-threatening.

#35 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 November 2011 - 12:52 PM

A person will strong alcohol dependencies. A biological alcohol addict.

#36 Vendel

Vendel
  • 74 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 01:43 PM

The effect:

Hmm, necrosis. That was interesting.

You piqued my curiosity enough for me to read the wiki article on it. This was a quote from it, "The amount of tissue damage is so high that addicts' life expectancies are said to be as low as two to three years". Maybe this problem can solve itself?

Edited by Delcer, 12 November 2011 - 01:43 PM.

#37 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 November 2011 - 04:33 PM

Hmm, necrosis. That was interesting.

You piqued my curiosity enough for me to read the wiki article on it. This was a quote from it, "The amount of tissue damage is so high that addicts' life expectancies are said to be as low as two to three years". Maybe this problem can solve itself?

I had quite the same reaction, so obviously didn't want to join this discussion. I don't feel bad, or sad, or mad about this drug or its users. I don't really care. I am, however, fascinated by the amount of necrosis that the use of this drug causes. I've never seen it that extensive before.

#38 Brucicle

Brucicle
  • 14 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 04:59 PM

I agree, it's thier choice, why should we worry for them if they're not?

#39 Applepi

Applepi
  • 1641 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 November 2011 - 06:01 PM

I agree, it's thier choice, why should we worry for them if they're not?

Because society as a whole generally foots the bill for their life decisions (healthcare, jail (if they get incarcerated), any support care to families, etc). We care not for their well-being, but for our own financial security.

#40 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 November 2011 - 06:10 PM

Because society as a whole generally foots the bill for their life decisions (healthcare, jail (if they get incarcerated), any support care to families, etc). We care not for their well-being, but for our own financial security.

Unfortunately, you cannot stop people from getting fucked up. It will happen whether we ban substances or not, especially when they can be made so easily from household ingredients. These types of clandestine drugs will not go away simply because we don't want to pay for their effects. The purchase and use of any potentially poisonous or noxious chemical would have to be controlled, because in the end drugs can be made out of just about anything.

#41 Applepi

Applepi
  • 1641 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 November 2011 - 06:17 PM

Unfortunately, you cannot stop people from getting fucked up. It will happen whether we ban substances or not, especially when they can be made so easily from household ingredients. These types of clandestine drugs will not go away simply because we don't want to pay for their effects. The purchase and use of any potentially poisonous or noxious chemical would have to be controlled, because in the end drugs can be made out of just about anything.

I agree with you completely. I know that every measure taken to prevent users and abusers from using is pretty much useless as enforcing is impossible. However, I was responding to the previous question of why we should care if the addicts themselves dont. I honestly don't give a crap if someone decides they want to shoot up a drug and mess up their life. What I do care about is when their actions start to interfere with my personal life (whether its paying for something they did while high or to get high or if their actions directly effect me, like getting into an accident with a drunk driver).

#42 ToxicS

ToxicS
  • 2580 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 06:29 PM

Just imagine you're playing a game with skeletons and the youtube videos won't look as horrifying.

#43 Shampoo

Shampoo
  • 295 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 07:27 PM

A person will strong alcohol dependencies. A biological alcohol addict.

just let them die. future generations will thank you for aiding in the improvement of the gene pool

#44 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 November 2011 - 06:04 AM

As a public organisation, you have a duty of care to all your people. You cannot take such a blasé view on life and expect people to agree.

I'm sure if one of your family members, past and present, would succumb to addiction, you would feel differently.

#45 ilovepolkadots

ilovepolkadots
  • 724 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 12:29 PM

No sympathy. If you're going to be doing marijuana you better be damn sure where you're getting it from is reliable. Because it's illegal means there's absolutely no regulations on it. You could be smoking all kinds of shit without realising until it's hit you. A friend of mine smoked some weed laced with cocaine and it really messed her up, we don't really speak any more but I can only hope that it was a learning experience and she's more careful with who she buys from.

and how do you make sure who you are getting it from is reliable
no matter how close of a friend you think your drug dealer is you never actually know what is being done to the plant unless you are growing and harvesting it yourself

the fact of the matter is that you have absolutely no idea what these people have been through
and how they came to be in this state that they are in
i just find it shocking that many people on this thread can so easily wish this kind of pain on someone

Edited by ilovepolkadots, 13 November 2011 - 12:33 PM.

#46 ilovepolkadots

ilovepolkadots
  • 724 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 01:07 PM

Keyboard Warrior

1. A Person who, being unable to express his anger through physical violence (owning to their physical weakness, lack of bravery and/or conviction in real life), instead manifests said emotions through the text-based medium of the internet, usually in the form of aggressive writing that the Keyboard Warrior would not (for reasons previously mentioned) be able to give form to in real life.

i see
O.o

Edited by ilovepolkadots, 13 November 2011 - 01:07 PM.

#47 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 November 2011 - 01:09 PM

i just find it shocking that many people on this thread can so easily wish this kind of pain on someone

They have no problem inflicting the pain on themselves and those around them. Eventually you have to come to the conclusion that some people are beyond help.

#48 ilovepolkadots

ilovepolkadots
  • 724 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 01:15 PM

They have no problem inflicting the pain on themselves and those around them. Eventually you have to come to the conclusion that some people are beyond help.

i am well aware that there are people who are beyond help
but those judgements are made on an individual level
not some overarching death wish to anyone who does a certain drug

#49 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 November 2011 - 01:28 PM

i am well aware that there are people who are beyond help
but those judgements are made on an individual level
not some overarching death wish to anyone who does a certain drug

When it gets to the point of a person's flesh rotting off the bones who continue to take the same drugs I think it's fair to say that they're the ones who are beyond help. It is those who this thread is about and who we've been discussing, not people with relatively minor addictions.

#50 Abradix

Abradix
  • 769 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 02:13 PM

Heroin is great. But heroin that rots your flesh? That is hard-fucking-core. Imma shoot some of this into my eyes! Only then will I have earned my seat at the cool kids table.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users