Quantcast

Photo

Krokodil: Newish drug that eats druggies from the inside...

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#51 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 November 2011 - 02:43 PM

Has nobody thought of these people as zombies yet? Fairly certain rotting flesh was right up there with zombie traits...

Injecting drugs wouldn't have any affect on zombies though since they wouldn't actually have any blood flow. :p

#52 kittycat

kittycat
  • 633 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 02:54 PM

YUCKY. What Russia needs is an economic boom so people wouldn't be so unhappy.

#53 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 November 2011 - 03:36 PM

In what way would these people benefit from an economic boom?

#54 Vendel

Vendel
  • 74 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 04:18 PM

Last I checked, they were in an economic boom; currently one of the fastest growing countries.

Edited by Delcer, 13 November 2011 - 04:18 PM.

#55 kittycat

kittycat
  • 633 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 05:20 PM

In what way would these people benefit from an economic boom?

Drug use, suicide, alcoholism are all linked to low qualities of life caused by lack of money (via poor economy)???

Last I checked, they were in an economic boom; currently one of the fastest growing countries.

Maybe you check on a day to day basis but the bigger picture is that Russia has been economically impoverished for a long time, even leading to having one of the lowest life expectancy at one point, though that has risen a deal from then, like the rest of the world Russia underwent the recession in 2009, and almost collapsed, now according to a quick google search it's 'stable', a very optimistic word to describe an economic boom if you ask me :p

Edited by kittycat, 13 November 2011 - 05:21 PM.

#56 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 November 2011 - 05:45 PM

Drug use, suicide, alcoholism are all linked to low qualities of life caused by lack of money (via poor economy)???

In capitalist economies money never trickles down to the lowest level of society even during an economic boom, these kind of people would see no benefits at all (if anything their relative standard of living would go down).

#57 Vendel

Vendel
  • 74 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 06:35 PM

Maybe you check on a day to day basis but the bigger picture is that Russia has been economically impoverished for a long time, even leading to having one of the lowest life expectancy at one point, though that has risen a deal from then, like the rest of the world Russia underwent the recession in 2009, and almost collapsed, now according to a quick google search it's 'stable', a very optimistic word to describe an economic boom if you ask me :p

Considering Russia is one of the BRIC countries, economic boom would be pretty accurate a word to describe it. They have one of the fastest growing economies at the moment. The word 'stable' is pretty vague, I assume you mean stable growth; growth that doesn't have out of control inflation.

Also this was what you originally said,

What Russia needs is an economic boom so people wouldn't be so unhappy.

I simply said that Russia is in an economic boom at the moment, nothing about this life expectancy, or past poverty stuff which seems fairly offtopic IMO; especially since it has nothing to do with their current growth.

Edited by Delcer, 13 November 2011 - 06:36 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users