Quantcast

Photo

What stupid thing happened to you today?

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#1 yeah

yeah
  • 260 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 12:54 PM

I lent my new phone to my friend at school so she could call her mom... somehow she ended up leaving it in the bathroom. She didn't tell me until I was on the bus home. okay. cool.
What about you?

Edited by Haether, 17 November 2011 - 12:54 PM.

#2 Stunnerrunner

Stunnerrunner
  • 78 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 01:47 PM

I bought a new pair of sunglasses 2 days ago, set them down in a fitting room by accident, remembered, went back 5 minutes later, they were gone... I was PISSED! :x3:

#3 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 November 2011 - 02:41 PM

I lent my new phone to my friend at school so she could call her mom... somehow she ended up leaving it in the bathroom. She didn't tell me until I was on the bus home. okay. cool.
What about you?

Oh god that sucks.

Someone stopped in the middle of the road today, and I hit them, and someone hit me from behind, so my car was totaled, and I had to wait around for half an hour for the police to do nothing, and then go to work right afterwards. Now I get to find a new car on money I don't have, because my job requires me to visit clients houses.

#4 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 November 2011 - 02:44 PM

Got assigned to proctor a freshmen final exam tomorrow because I'm a TA.

#5 Stunnerrunner

Stunnerrunner
  • 78 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 02:45 PM

Oh god that sucks.

Someone stopped in the middle of the road today, and I hit them, and someone hit me from behind, so my car was totaled, and I had to wait around for half an hour for the police to do nothing, and then go to work right afterwards. Now I get to find a new car on money I don't have, because my job requires me to visit clients houses.

To quote you:

Oh god that sucks.

Who ended up getting stuck with the fine? Hope it wasn't you :(

I got run off the road the other day by a drunk driver... scared the shit out of me because I only had a split second to react, and I was at the top of a curved bridge. I think maybe the recent full moons, tides... possibly Obama... might have something to do with people's increased ignorance.

#6 James

James
  • ♔ King James ♔

• 1539 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 03:02 PM

To quote you:

Oh god that sucks.

Who ended up getting stuck with the fine? Hope it wasn't you :(

I got run off the road the other day by a drunk driver... scared the shit out of me because I only had a split second to react, and I was at the top of a curved bridge. I think maybe the recent full moons, tides... possibly Obama... might have something to do with people's increased ignorance.

Yes, the full moons have brought an increased amount of Werewolf activity during the midnight hours. Listen for howling and don't stop believing! if you see one.

Edited by Cold, 17 November 2011 - 03:02 PM.

#7 Supernature

Supernature
  • 87 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 03:26 PM

Theres a guy in the apartment above me that I've been talking to on the GPS app and we happened to run into eachother for the first time this even and he asked how I was and stupidly said, "Gmood how you?"

#8 Guest_jcrgirl_*

Guest_jcrgirl_*

Posted 17 November 2011 - 03:35 PM

I tried copy and pasting a function on my graph algorithm to save time
I copy and pasted the wrong one and was trying to figure out for a few hours why the code wasn't working when everything compiled right

carelessness for you
NEVER AGAIN
from now on I read all prototypes before copypasta Posted Image

#9 Stunnerrunner

Stunnerrunner
  • 78 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 03:44 PM

I tried copy and pasting a function on my graph algorithm to save time
I copy and pasted the wrong one and was trying to figure out for a few hours why the code wasn't working when everything compiled right

carelessness for you
NEVER AGAIN
from now on I read all prototypes before copypasta Posted Image

You had me at copy and pasting and then lost me after algorithm. But I understand your pain. It's the little things in life that make us crazy.

#10 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 November 2011 - 03:49 PM

What was the reason for them stopping? At the end of the day, someone's insurance should be paying for the damage... And if you don't have insurance there is a lesson to be learnt... You pay the premiums for a reason.

That being said, at least you get to upgrade your car. Speak to an accountant. Say the car is required for work purposes, ask if you get a loan to pay for said car (which you will be claiming on taxes), can you also claim the interest on the loan as well. I'd elaborate further but I'm on my phone. You won't be able to claim 100% but if you keep a logbook of your mileage (make up reasons in your logbook for personal trips).

You hold then be able to claim;
The car itself (x percentage relevant to "work")
Maintenance costs (also percentage)
Possible fuel costs (paid by calculating the miles driven for work purposes, multiplied by x amount per gallon)
Possible interest on a loan to pay for said car
Insurance (however you need to tell the insurance company the car is owned by you personally, however is required for work purposes)

I never got a reason, and the police never asked them for a reason. It is my responsibility not to hit them at all. It doesn't matter that I wasn't speeding, and that I kept 1 1/2 car lengths between myself and them. Despite those laws being there to prevent this, when this does happen. Its completely my fault because I shouldn't hit them. And the person who hit me is completely at fault because they shouldn't have hit me.

So my insuring will cover the truck I hit. And the person who hit me will pay a percentage of the damage because they hit me into their truck a second time, causing more damage.

#11 baby0firefly

baby0firefly
  • 189 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 06:59 PM

I feel ya pain, I was in a 3 car pile up not too long ago, totally their fault.
Well I'm still sick with a cold and my 1yr old is sick as well on top of all his medical problems it's just been one "LOVELY" week. No help from anyone else. Oh and my neopets main got silenced yesterday...just for trying to make someones dreamie come true. Shame on Tnt.

#12 Thepeopleschampion

Thepeopleschampion
  • 265 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 05:49 AM

This outta be good...I went to a resteraunt and then got food poisoning...then the next day i went for a coffee and i but my tongue which caused my hand to twitch spilling the hot coffee all over me... on my way home another bird shit on me...the usual...then i tried watching a movie but the power went out...tried to go on neopets and account was frozen...had a massive headache and i Puked a couple times cause of the food poisoning i had the other day...went to the bathroom and the toilet was all clogged. And i havent slept in 3 days oh and to put the icing on the cake...I got explosive diarreha and at one point i didnt get to the bathroom and i puked all over the bathroom and shit my pants...awesome day huh? -.-

#13 Sida

Sida
  • Tsvetesman

• 3865 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 05:51 AM

This outta be good...I went to a resteraunt and then got food poisoning...then the next day i went for a coffee and i but my tongue which caused my hand to twitch spilling the hot coffee all over me... on my way home another bird shit on me...the usual...then i tried watching a movie but the power went out...tried to go on neopets and account was frozen...had a massive headache and i Puked a couple times cause of the food poisoning i had the other day...went to the bathroom and the toilet was all clogged. And i havent slept in 3 days oh and to put the icing on the cake...I got explosive diarreha and at one point i didnt get to the bathroom and i puked all over the bathroom and shit my pants...awesome day huh? -.-

I wish I was you man.

#14 Thepeopleschampion

Thepeopleschampion
  • 265 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 05:54 AM

I wish I was you man.

i know...my life sounds awesome doesn't it

#15 mrstollery

mrstollery
  • 31 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 06:03 AM

I gave up smoking via the cold turkey route 6 days ago... not as easy as I thought :crybaby:

#16 onlyme

onlyme
  • I hate everyone.

• 4319 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 November 2011 - 06:38 AM

i got my period. i win.

#17 Sida

Sida
  • Tsvetesman

• 3865 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 07:11 AM

i got my period. i win.

*looks for the thumbs down button

#18 Fringe

Fringe
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 07:40 AM

I just had to kill a big ass cockroach. It was not fun.

#19 baby0firefly

baby0firefly
  • 189 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 08:08 AM

I just had to kill a big ass cockroach. It was not fun.

lol fail.

#20 holaCarlos

holaCarlos
  • 290 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 08:11 AM

lol fail.

Technically it's only a fail if the cockroach got away.

#21 Spirited

Spirited
  • 677 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 November 2011 - 09:34 AM

My lecturer lectured me because I was using laptop during his class (speak of neo-addiction).

Funnily, it's the only lecture I understood what he's actually saying.

#22 onlyme

onlyme
  • I hate everyone.

• 4319 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 November 2011 - 09:42 AM

*looks for the thumbs down button

*looks for the thumb out of ass button*

Edited by onlyme, 18 November 2011 - 09:45 AM.

#23 Sida

Sida
  • Tsvetesman

• 3865 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 09:49 AM

*looks for the thumb out of ass button*

That button won't work, it's well and truly stuck :(

#24 onlyme

onlyme
  • I hate everyone.

• 4319 posts

Users Awards