Photo

Tell him to shut up.

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Inver

Inver
  • 298 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 10:19 PM

Seriously. My roommate needs to fucking stop complaining. I don't have time to coddle his weak man-emotions any longer. You always hear people tell you that friends make crap roommates, and you never listen. Between him and my university courses I'm getting a major migraine.

So. In short: Crappy roommate stories. Regale me.

#2 Junsu

Junsu
  • 1566 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 10:47 PM

Just tell him to stfu.

#3 Inver

Inver
  • 298 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 10:52 PM

Just tell him to stfu.

You're not allowed to cheat by reading the title of the topic. :D You ever had a roommate Junsu?

#4 Junsu

Junsu
  • 1566 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 10:55 PM

Still a high schooler, no roommates yet~~
Is your situation where you get to somewhat choose your roommate or where you didn't get to choose?

Edited by Junsu, 29 November 2011 - 10:55 PM.

#5 Inver

Inver
  • 298 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 11:11 PM

Still a high schooler, no roommates yet~~
Is your situation where you get to somewhat choose your roommate or where you didn't get to choose?

Boo. D: *head pat*

It was an old friend who was looking for a place to stay. I got him to take the spare bedroom with another friend of mine. Now he's just... a drama fest.

#6 Junsu

Junsu
  • 1566 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 11:14 PM

So much for being nice and taking him in :D

#7 Inver

Inver
  • 298 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 11:16 PM

Mmm. Last time I do something nice.

#8 Sida

Sida
  • Tsvetesman

• 3865 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 12:22 AM

Friends make great room mates. You just chose the wrong one it seems.

#9 Charli

Charli
  • 65 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 12:53 AM

Friends can be the best roommates in the entire world or the worst. I found out my friend who always called herself a neat freak was the grossest person alive. She wouldn't even do the dishes. At all. When we confronted her about it she said it was too "hard". What??? But she was also a cokehead that left her coke everywhere so I'd just take it and give it the neighbors whenever she pissed me off.
But I've roomed with a bunch of friends and usually its amazing, :) so I'd say its the exception, not the rule

#10 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 November 2011 - 03:14 AM

Friends can be the best roommates in the entire world or the worst. I found out my friend who always called herself a neat freak was the grossest person alive. She wouldn't even do the dishes. At all. When we confronted her about it she said it was too "hard". What??? But she was also a cokehead that left her coke everywhere so I'd just take it and give it the neighbors whenever she pissed me off.
But I've roomed with a bunch of friends and usually its amazing, :) so I'd say its the exception, not the rule

How were you friends with someone without realizing they were a cokehead? Or without noticing they were a slob, for that matter...be more observant!

#11 Sida

Sida
  • Tsvetesman

• 3865 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 03:45 AM

Neat freak addict? Yeah right lol.

#12 Nubge

Nubge
  • 234 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 05:17 AM

That's the bad Karma, yo do something nice for the other and you get a punishment.

Just be a bad person, you know #Posted Image

#13 nyquil

nyquil
  • 148 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 05:21 AM

I never had a shitty roommate. my freshman year i got put with a kid that has Aspergers syndrome. He was really nice but a little odd. only down side he would creepily walk up next to you and start talking like he had been there the whole time. scared me a few times at first but now im used to it.

next year i roomed with a bunch of guys that lived across the hall from me my freshman year. no problem there.

now i live off campus in an apartment with my girlfriend.

Edited by nyquil, 30 November 2011 - 05:24 AM.

#14 MsRose

MsRose
  • 664 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 November 2011 - 05:29 AM

I think better advice than "don't room with your friends." is "if you're a girl, don't room with your friends." Guys seem to room fine with each other, but get two girls in one apartment and it's practically a ticking time-bomb of drama.

Sexism ftw.

#15 Sida

Sida
  • Tsvetesman

• 3865 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 05:36 AM

I think better advice than "don't room with your friends." is "if you're a girl, don't room with your friends." Guys seem to room fine with each other, but get two girls in one apartment and it's practically a ticking time-bomb of drama.

Sexism ftw.

I think this was a guy/girl scenario.

#16 Tsvete

Tsvete
  • 690 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 05:47 AM

get two girls in one apartment and it's practically a ticking time-bomb of drama.

That's soooooo not true! I lived with a girl for a long time and we had great fun together. I wish I could do it again :(

@OP: Tell him you're not his emotional trash bin and ignore him. He'll give up at some point and he'll find another victim. Good luck!

#17 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 November 2011 - 05:58 AM

Sorry if I am misreading, but it looks like you were calling for stories of crappy roommates. I am more than happy to oblige, as I have my fair share of stories about crappy people in all areas of life. I will relate the least disturbing of my crappy roommate stories. The names are not changed because no one is innocent or needs protecting.

My crappy roommate story is about a girl named Kim. We worked together at the time and quickly became great friends. She was in a horrible situation at home, with a brother who was a washed-up has-been mooching off of everyone, and a junkie mother who was too stoned most of the time to even know what was going on around her. Her family stole from her, and embarrassed her, and much depression was had by all. Kim eventually decided that she needed to remove herself from this toxic and self-perpetuating situation, in hopes to tip the balance in her favor and actually get somewhere in life (but also appreciating the bitter reality that without her - the only working member of the household - to steal from, her family would likely suffer from her departure).

I had trouble understanding why Kim was lonely and depressed after leaving her family home. She would stop on the way home from work every night to pick up a six pack of "pony beers" (God I miss her) and a pack of smokes, and drink and smoke all night. When I was home, we would hang out, but I was away the majority of the time.

She started seeing the brother of the administrator at our work, who was in the Army and stationed a couple states away. He came to stay with her at our apartment one weekend, so I spent the weekend away. I got a phone call from her during that weekend that Kyle (bf) said she would be moving out. I was confused and offered my help, and she said that he would be taking care of it all. She never returned to the apartment after that, and her stuff was gone in days.

At this point, I feel it necessary to point out that we got this luxury townhome apartment together because it was what we could afford with our combined incomes. Without her there, I was left paying for way more apartment than I needed or could afford on a minimum wage budget (but of course I made it work, because I'm a badass).

When I returned after that weekend away, I found what they must have been doing when Kyle decided she must leave and never return. They were playing board games in our spare bedroom, which housed my computer and bookshelves. The books of one of the shelves were strewn all about the floor. This shelf held my books on many different denominations of Paganism and the Occult, but also included books on Judaism and Christianity. Also, I had a collection of RPG sourcebooks such as D&D, Werewolf and Mage.

I can just picture what happened, and it still offends me to my core. Some bastard that knows nothing about me decides to step up to protect his woman from me because he found a few books on my shelf? *disgusted*

The moral of this story is, make sure that no matter who you live with, you are prepared for the eventuality that they will leave and you will be forced to maintain things on your own.

#18 misssanso

misssanso
  • 21 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 11:07 AM

Your roommate should room with mine. He won't be able to hear himself complain over the sound of this girl shouting her Spanish music lyrics in monotone.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users