Photo

Neopets restock ban threshold interval

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 compex

compex
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 02:22 PM

Hello. I am not ready to use a full blown autobuyer just yet, so I wrote a simple python script that warns me when certain items restock in user specified shops. It is working great, the only problem is that I almost always get restock banned in hours when having the script crawl through multiple shops. I typically have it go through 4 shops, refreshing each shop at a 6 second interval, doing a complete cycle in 24 seconds. The question is: Is there some known minimum refresh rate that I can use to ensure that I don't get restock banned?

This is incredibly annoying. Sending one request to the server every 6 seconds is pretty reasonable. I don't think I should get restock banned for that. Is there anything I can do to reduce the chances of being banned? I have thought of using other accounts to fetch the restock data from shops but that would be that I would have to wait 3 months before I could see all the items in shops.

#2 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 December 2011 - 02:25 PM

Solution: use Abrosia.

If you don't have stupid settings, you won't get frozen. You're more liable to get frozen with a script you're fiddling with yourself.

#3 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 December 2011 - 02:26 PM

I don't think anybody has worked out a system to avoid restock bans effectively.

#4 compex

compex
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 02:27 PM

Solution: use Abrosia.

If you don't have stupid settings, you won't get frozen. You're more liable to get frozen with a script you're fiddling with yourself.

The question is not about being frozen, the question is how to prevent restock banning. In short, what's the minimum amount of time do you need to wait before you can fetch the page from the server?

#5 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 December 2011 - 02:29 PM

Restock. Bans. Are. Random.

#6 compex

compex
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 02:38 PM

Ugh. Well this sux. As opposed to competing with autobuyers in high profit yielding shops I thought I would just leave the script running and read a book ... This works fairly well, but it only lasts 4-6 hours before I get restock banned.

#7 Neoquest

Neoquest
  • 1760 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 December 2011 - 02:40 PM

Sounds like an interesting script to use while actually wanting to play neo, but if you plan on making actually good buys, I can't imagine this working. On the point of restock banning, I would suggest buying a few shells (one for each shop) and have those doing the actual shop checking (under a proxy of course)

#8 compex

compex
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 02:57 PM

Sounds like an interesting script to use while actually wanting to play neo, but if you plan on making actually good buys, I can't imagine this working. On the point of restock banning, I would suggest buying a few shells (one for each shop) and have those doing the actual shop checking (under a proxy of course)

It works surprisingly well for casual players, especially with a dual monitor set up. I have a couple shops opened and the script running on the left screen, and on the right screen I have my book/video/neopet game opened. I have just started playing the game (account is 10 days old) and have earned over half a million np without ever going in high profile shops like magic/stamps. Profits are retarded by the fact that I still have the rarity restrictions placed upon the account, so I am limited in what I can purchase. But the entire process is very "chill". I can get 3-6 herbal eggs per restock at the pharmacy, I can usually get 2-3 restocks of eggs at the pharmacy each night, not to mention the medicinal soap and Magic cookie, all of which restock in very large quantities, sell very fast, and yield 2k+ profits (with the eggs yielding roughly 8.5k np profit). That's combined with the book shop, toy shop, and the plushie shop. It is easy to make ~100k on a good night, no fear of getting frozen whatsoever, because you have to do the buying yourself. The script is not doing anything more than a web browser.

#9 Crispin

Crispin
  • 48 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 10:23 AM

from random import randrange
randrange(4, 8)

Something like that might make it look more human. You could use greater ranges of course.

#10 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 January 2012 - 10:45 AM

Hello. I am not ready to use a full blown autobuyer just yet

Don't be a pussy

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users