What did you get for Christmas?

• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#51 Wynd

Wynd
  • 397 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 December 2011 - 07:57 AM

Oh, that's weird. It didn't make me enter any credit card info when I downloaded it, although my info is saved to my Amazon account.

I'll continue to try, but otherwise I'll have to live without it. xD

#52 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 December 2011 - 08:13 AM

Socks.

That had been like, the GO TO gift for me for years. And this year I didn't get a single pair from anyone. I am very disappointed about that.

Posted Image

Fuckin' sexy. I bought one for my mom last year and we tried it out, but I think the wattage is too high for our kitchen because it just makes a humming noise and doesn't do anything. We tried it in the outlet in the livingroom and it works fine, but it was a little weird mixing everything in the livingroom. We ended up just using a hand mixer for all the cookies last year. xD I hope you fare better than we did.

Well, on the brighter side: At least your christmas wasn't this disastrous :/

That does stink though, sorry to hear that.

Yeah, I saw that new yesterday. Someone always goes crazy on the holidays and kills their entire family. Every Christmas. I feel fortunate no one in my family owns a gun, even though we are Texans. Of course, if we felt like killing each other, we do have machetes.

#53 ChaosCorruptor

ChaosCorruptor
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 10:54 AM

I got over $200 :D :D :D happy day

#54 Misaxoxo

Misaxoxo
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 12:10 PM

$600, some gift cards, and a nice watch.

#55 Neoquest

Neoquest
  • 1760 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 December 2011 - 12:17 PM

Skyrim, skis, snowshoes, and a few books. I'm pretty happy about it considering I wasn't expecting anything big.

#56 MsRose

MsRose
  • 664 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 December 2011 - 01:33 PM

Yeah, I saw that new yesterday. Someone always goes crazy on the holidays and kills their entire family. Every Christmas. I feel fortunate no one in my family owns a gun, even though we are Texans. Of course, if we felt like killing each other, we do have machetes.

lol, when I told my friend that creeped me out he was like "buy a gun" and I was like "yes, because if I owned a gun the first place I'd bring it is to christmas morning to open presents" Luckily we have no homicidal nuts in our family, just the regular kind of nuts.

#57 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 December 2011 - 01:39 PM

That had been like, the GO TO gift for me for years. And this year I didn't get a single pair from anyone. I am very disappointed about that.

I actually didn't get any socks either. I did get a dalek though.

#58 Rainie

Rainie
  • 854 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 01:51 PM

Posted Image

(I've been looking all morning for some fanfiction I read a few months back and want to read again.. Didn't bookmark/save them, and so far, haven't found them.... ;_; )

I love fanfiction cX ! /Is a Beta Reader/
What type of fanfiction were you looking for~? o:

& I got so many clothes (including fuzzy socks :3..and turtlenecks from my aunt that I will never wear) :p, colored lenses, boots, manga, books, gift cards, and cookies ♥ :D !

#59 Charli

Charli
  • 65 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 02:28 PM

It was my first christmas in a while not asking for anything big and it was actually really nice. I got:
super cute raybans

random ihome thing which is nice since i always lose my recharger
lifetime supply of twix because my mom asked what i wanted when i was pmsing
Gorgeous scarf and mocassins, V.S. bra, some AF cloths and gift cards for Barnes & Nobles, Sephora, and Aerie
And my boyfriend made me a little certificate good for one Tiffanys bracelet when he has the money. It was so sweet I started crying ( and i've never happy cried before so that was really weird )

#60 mobster281

mobster281
  • 257 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 04:28 PM

didnt get anything this year

#61 Aquatine

Aquatine
  • 68 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 09:26 PM

It was my first christmas in a while not asking for anything big and it was actually really nice. I got:
super cute raybans

random ihome thing which is nice since i always lose my recharger
lifetime supply of twix because my mom asked what i wanted when i was pmsing
Gorgeous scarf and mocassins, V.S. bra, some AF cloths and gift cards for Barnes & Nobles, Sephora, and Aerie
And my boyfriend made me a little certificate good for one Tiffanys bracelet when he has the money. It was so sweet I started crying ( and i've never happy cried before so that was really weird )

Wait. Srsly? A LIFETIME supply of twix? HOW DO YOU EVEN GET THAT?! O__o

#62 Charli

Charli
  • 65 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 09:50 PM

Wait. Srsly? A LIFETIME supply of twix? HOW DO YOU EVEN GET THAT?! O__o

Haha not literally, but my mom got 3 boxes from costco. I'll prob have to give most of it away since I really only eat chocolate like once a month, but at least I'll get a couple months with it :)

#63 Aquatine

Aquatine
  • 68 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 09:57 PM

Haha not literally, but my mom got 3 boxes from costco. I'll prob have to give most of it away since I really only eat chocolate like once a month, but at least I'll get a couple months with it :)

Oooh! Haha. I see why it might be a 'lifetime's' supply of chocolate.

#64 unworthy

unworthy
  • 602 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 10:19 PM

+1 for me joining the "my girlfriend bought me a new watch" club :D and a bunch of other useless shit, the watch is nice though :D

#65 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 December 2011 - 12:50 AM

Socks.

This. Also, a shirt (can't tell if it's green or blue, but I'm wearing it cause it's warm), a pair of jeans, two bluray movies I haven't seen and have no interest in seeing, a groupon voucher for car detailing, and a lecture.

I really need to start making a list :(

Also, an iTunes gift card from my uncle that will probably sit unused for six months like the last one. Ooh! I forgot OS X Lion came out a few months back! Now I've got something to spend that iTunes credit on :D

#66 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 December 2011 - 01:44 AM

My fiancee and I weren't spending more than $50 on each other this year, as we just bought ourselves our 3rd house + a new puppy to play with the old one :p So those were kinda our christmas presents.

Three homes and you haven't married her yet? Just get a prenup mate :p

#67 Luella

Luella
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 05:30 AM

A boob job from my daddy. Thank you boob fairy.

oh and a lump of coal.

#68 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 December 2011 - 05:36 AM

A boob job from my daddy. Thank you boob fairy.

oh and a lump of coal.

Calling your dad a fairy seems a little unfair.
Unless he is a flaming homosexual.

#69 onlyme

onlyme
  • I hate everyone.

• 4319 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 December 2011 - 05:45 AM

slippers, a scarf with matching gloves. knitted gloves, knitted socks, an electric toothbrush, joggers, a handmade necklace (♥), boooooooks, a t-shirt that says something like "you are not really dressed without some cathair" (from a good friend. it's pink. WTF)
my mom bought me a ring i really, really liked and she lost it. i still can't decide if i wanna be sad about that or just laugh.

#70 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 December 2011 - 05:47 AM

I wanted slippers :(
But I got lots of other lovely things instead, so I'm not upset :p

#71 onlyme

onlyme
  • I hate everyone.

• 4319 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 December 2011 - 05:51 AM

i wanted them too. my old ones smelled like something died inside.

#72 Hawk

Hawk
  • hawk·ish·ly

• 9688 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 December 2011 - 12:33 AM

Late to the party... Oh well, I don't give a fuck, just like most of you probably give zero shits about this post. Anyways, to recap, here is what I wrote down as my list:

Useful stuff that I need but can't afford as a college student, and stuff that iI can't put a value on...

Including
1) New socks. I want to throw away all my holey, mismatching socks and get about a month's worth of some decent quality socks, all of the same cut/brand for convenience when folding.
2) Electric blanket. My room is fucking cold, and it'd be glorious.
3) New wallet. Mine is all ratty and shit. Well, an ex of mine already bought me one. Its nice. Still doesn't make up for the fact that she's a bitch. (I'm just pissed at her right now, we're still friends)
4) A trimmer. My cheap ass trimmer does a terrible job on my beard.
5) To spend time with my friends and family. Seriously. I'm feeling a bit down on life right now and my friends from high school can definitely help get me out of this rut.
6) To see my brother. He's been in Kuwait for the past 6-7 months, and he will be home for Christmas.

I ended up with...
1) 30 pairs of white socks, all the same brand/cut. :)
2) A new blanket, but it is not electric. It is no big deal though, because I have an electric heater for my room. An electric blanket would be overkill.
3) Well, I finally started using that wallet on Christmas day, even though I got it beforehand.
4) Spending time with friends and family :)
5) Saw my brother several times before he went back to Kuwait. Hopefully he'll return safe (AFAIK, his tour should end in May, but since it is the military, it isn't official until it actually happens...)

The only thing on my list I did not get was the trimmer, but I never told anyone I needed one, so its no big deal.

The other shit I got included a nice pair of gloves, 2 pairs of boxers, a shovel to keep in my car for winter, a heated seat pad for a car that plugs into the 12v adapter, a cookbook (I wanted one but forgot to put it on my list here, I told people in my family that I wanted it though), two pairs of slippers, and a really warm, heavier, lined zip up sweatshirt. Oh, and a few gift cards + cash.

Overall, nothing extreme. No fancy toys, nothing flashy. All useful stuff, and I'm very happy with that. :)

Oh, and I bought myself some games on Steam, particularly Borderlands GOTY, Portal 2, Amnesia: Dark Descent, and Orcs Must Die!

So yeah, my break has kicked ass. Anyways, thanks if you actually took the time to read this.

It's official... I now have WAY too many ties. I counted earlier and I am now at 32 ties.... O_o

No such thing.

A mini remote controlled helicopter from my fiancee (I need to go pick it out). They're cheap, but heaps of fun!

My fiancee and I weren't spending more than $50 on each other this year, as we just bought ourselves our 3rd house + a new puppy to play with the old one :p So those were kinda our christmas presents.

I'm jealous of the remote controlled helicopter. They're so much fun, until I inevitably crash it and it breaks. :(

Oh, who am I kidding, I'm also jealous of the puppy. I'm going to be so sad when I leave to go back to school. My dog always knows and gives me a look that says, "Why are you leaving? :crybaby:" I hate it, and I hate leaving her.

#73 Reddevil

Reddevil
  • 282 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 02:18 AM

a new wallet, coin carrier and i'm going to buy myself alot of zelda games for the gamecube to enjoy the first part of the year with

have to love classic games :D

#74 Blackout

Blackout
  • 411 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 03:30 AM

Damn, is it just because I'm from a Black Family, or are you guys families rich as fuck? xD

I hear some of you guys getting almost $1000, hell I'm still a teenager when adults still feel a little obligated to get me gifts, and I didn't get as much as some of you.

I thought at the adult mark most didn't get shit, because the fact you're not 'required' to at that point.

#75 davidh93

davidh93
  • 20 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 12:30 PM

a bunch of dress clothes, and some cash/gift cards

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users