Photo

How do you buy safely?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 becaroo

becaroo
  • 30 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 06:59 PM

I posted this thread on another forum but I didn't realise how inactive it is... anyway...

I recently started playing again after a few years. I didn't leave my account with any items or money so I was broke as all hell. so... I bought neopoints. I was stupid and went crazy (it was my first time buying neopoints and to be honest, I didn't know much about it, or about sites like these) and I bought like 10 items and 5million neopoints lol so naturally I was frozen. sadface... I lost my cool account name and pets. I'm a bit annoyed I got frozen but it really was my own fault... anyway, I made a new account and of course, I want to cheat again. I can barely make 50k and all I want is a damn fearie sketih MP. (what... I think they're cute, hehe.)

so my question is... how can I buy safely and not get frozen? I know there's always a risk, I just want to minimize it. I only have 1 other aged account (my sisters that she doesn't want), it's 8 years also, but I haven't touched it in forever. My new account is only a week old lol. I was really wanting to buy a single expensive, ETS item like a draik egg or krawk potion and just sell it for neopoints, then I really wouldn't have to buy anything again for at least several months or a year, unless I really wasted my money... which I wouldn't.

Does anyone have any tips? Has anyone even bought items on their main successfully? D:

#2 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 January 2012 - 07:14 PM

First and foremost I will direct you to read this thread to understand how to do what you are looking for. Furthermore upon finishing reading all that I would recommend checking out the benefits of purchasing Advanced Membership here as it gives you a greater control over Abrosia's mechanics.

This entire forum will help you quite a bit as well. I recommend looking into all of these.

Welcome to our community. I'm sure you'll like it here.

#3 becaroo

becaroo
  • 30 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 07:29 PM

thanks! I'm checking it out. 8D

#4 qweable

qweable
  • 402 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 07:29 PM

Buying 5m isn't really crazy and stupid... the problem was probably the origins of the items. Unlike Codex, other sites allow hacked accounts to be traded which puts users who buy form them at risk.

#5 becaroo

becaroo
  • 30 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 07:43 PM

bummer. ): I regret buying them now lol. only because I had awesome pet names. oh weeeell. lesson learned I guess haha.

#6 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 January 2012 - 07:49 PM

Thought I'd go ahead and add this here for you as well... Neocodex Advance Member Subscriptions

Another thing worth mentioning is that after you've been here for a little while the Trading Post becomes available and while though you may not be able to get back that account name/pets you can replace a lot of what was lost by buying with Neopoints/Items/Other.

Just stay active, post when and where appropriate. Stick around. This will help you rebuild especially if you are willing to purchase your wealth.

#7 becaroo

becaroo
  • 30 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 07:57 PM

Thanks! I had a look through it, I might purchase it once I have a look around.

I am interested in purchasing back my stuff that I lost, I'm just super paranoid now... do you think TNT will be keeping an eye on me now? haha. I don't want TOO much... I just want a krawk I can train again and a faerie skeith. Mebbe a pirate aisha too... I love drawing, so I like to draw my pets. :B I have a few pictures I was planning to enter in the BC and art gallery too - which is why I extra don't wanna get frozen.

#8 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 January 2012 - 08:03 PM

The best advice I can give you is to just take it easy and not go overboard. . . buying a bunch of neopoints and then buying 20+ items worth 1mil+ is going to raise a lot of suspicion.

Furthermore invest it acquiring a proxy, this will protect your home IP which has now been tagged for buying/selling Neopoints, Items, and/or Pets. This will help minimize the chances of you getting frozen or getting any of us frozen with you. There are plenty of guides here that will get you started with the proxy usage. Just play it smart and look into the stuff I have outlined in this thread and I am sure that you'll do just fine. Our little economy here could use another person spending Other as of late.

#9 Kass

Kass
  • 581 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 January 2012 - 11:08 PM

You should try using a proxy. Here is a nice guide that may help you :) http://www.neocodex....ow-to-use-them/

#10 Spirited

Spirited
  • 677 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 January 2012 - 12:59 AM

Generally you buy neopoints from one player instead of many. Having a couple of people sending you large amount of NPs would alert them, because spooling is against the rules.

Also, I personally think it's better for accounts to interact i.e. sending a few neomails before randomly sending out the ETS as gifts. Unless you would rather make a big occasion out of it via "randomly gifting" on the neoboards.

Another way of minimizing risks to your account is to buy NPs that comes with the shell.

#11 Galadriel

Galadriel
  • Creature of the Night

• 924 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 January 2012 - 01:56 AM

Furthermore invest it acquiring a proxy, this will protect your home IP which has now been tagged for buying/selling Neopoints, Items, and/or Pets.

I doubt a once off offender will be flagged as a problem IP. Imagine TNT flagged all the IPs they have frozen as problem IP's...

Though snackles, I do agree that a paid (since free ones suck) proxy should be used if you are using multiple accounts- to prevent chain freezing.
When ABing stay out of magic. If you aren't advanced, there will be no point going there since you can't compete. Start off in spooky foods (very ETS) and the book shop :)

Welcome to Codex :)

#12 becaroo

becaroo
  • 30 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 02:18 AM

Thanks for the help and info guys! :'D I'm starting to love it here already!

I think I am pretty set on buying an advanced membership and looking into ABing with a proxy... I just have a few questions, if someone wouldn't mind answering these aswell...

If I was to create a whole new account with a proxy and start ABing, would this be a bad idea? I don't have any aged accounts that haven't been logged into my home IP... Would it be best to create a new account and let it sit for a few weeks? Or should I just play a few legit games, restock a few legit things, put some BS in my lookup about rebuilding a new account and how I love to RS and start ABing...? I'm not sure how to start.

Also, would there be any way for them to link it to my main account if I never traded items or neopoints? I would hate to have my new main account frozen again as I have a pretty cool, yet kinda geeky, username again, and awesome pet names. I also have a picture I'm going to enter in the BC... [ok I deleted it. ): ]

I also heard that a safer way to transfer too and from a main and ABing side is to place items in the shopwiz and snipe them with your main, is that true too? Is there any other ways or better ways to transfer stuff?

I don't want to get greedy, I just want to earn a few hundred thousand, I don't really need millions... I just want to spruce up my main, not super intersted in actually selling my neopoints or anything. (:

Edited by snackies, 12 January 2012 - 02:50 AM.

#13 qweable

qweable
  • 402 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 02:43 AM

Proxies doesn't stop TNT from icing your account. They're used to prevent TNT from chain icing all your accounts. So yes, you should use a proxy when using another account to AB. Also, rather than start a whole new account, you can just buy a 4mo shell and bypass all the restrictions associated with new accounts.

If your accounts are on different IP and have never interacted with each other, TNT shouldn't be able to link them.

NEVER post anything here that can be used to trace back to your neo account. I suggest removing that picture if you plan to enter the BC with it. Even though your UN has been scribbled out, the actual picture can still be seen and recognized. Nice picture though, I like it :)

#14 becaroo

becaroo
  • 30 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 02:51 AM

hokai I deleted it. ): but thanks! 8D

how much are 4month old accts roughly?

#15 qweable

qweable
  • 402 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 03:01 AM

I forget when you can get access to the trading forum. Just stick around and you'll get it eventually. Perhaps take a look at the AoB section to spruce up your account with some new trophies.

#16 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 January 2012 - 05:04 AM

hokai I deleted it. ): but thanks! 8D

how much are 4month old accts roughly?

If you're going to purchase a shell, I would bypass the 4 month ones and get an attic shell instead (3+ year old account). You can make a ton more NP with those 5 attic buys a day. Just my two cents.

4 month old accounts don't cost much, usually in the 75-100k range. Attic shells can go as low as 200-300k apiece.

If you are interested in a more legit looking account and would rather buy a "main," those tend to be more expensive (usually in the low millions) but are less likely to be questioned by legit players when they start snooping around.

Edit: And for the love of God, don't scoresend on any account you wish to keep. I saw qweable recommend AoB'ing to get some new trophies - while it is a good idea to get a few trophies on your account, AoB still poses a risk to get frozen.

I recommend this thread: http://www.neocodex....ly-were-frozen/ Read up on what others got frozen for so you will be educated and informed :thumbsup:

Edited by nymh, 12 January 2012 - 05:13 AM.

#17 leonardd

leonardd
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 08:09 PM

I would like to know too.

#18 Spirited

Spirited
  • 677 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 January 2012 - 08:23 PM

I would like to know too.

There's so many replies already. They should all help in answering somehow?

#19 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 January 2012 - 08:27 PM

http://www.neocodex....upid-as-you-do/

They didn't follow the first rule

#20 becaroo

becaroo
  • 30 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 08:11 PM

well thanks for all the replies. c:

what about... selling safely? I am really interested in selling my neopets art. it's good quality and has won lotsa BCs. people dig it. (can PM for samples if you'd like).

I was thinking of setting up a shop with 99k prices junk items asking for "donations" and when people have got their art they can just buy an item or two lol. I don't wanna charge much for my art, I'm poor and want the neomunnies but I get enjoyment from actually drawing them anyway.

#21 Nicotine

Nicotine
  • 33 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 February 2012 - 09:05 PM

Eh, I felt like most of them were talking about how to AB, which I already do, or how to be advanced, which...well...
I liked the idea of neomailing a few times first but am curious as to how many Neocodex sellers are actually willing to work with you on this, having never bought anything from the TP here.
I'm also curious as to what methods players on this site who specifically buy items/NP for their mail actually use for securing. How many accounts should you slowly transfer items/NP through to be safe? There have been posts before about this, but I felt like they were more theoretical, rather than "this is what I have done and not gotten frozen doing".

#22 Spirited

Spirited
  • 677 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 February 2012 - 03:19 AM

Eh, I felt like most of them were talking about how to AB, which I already do, or how to be advanced, which...well...
I liked the idea of neomailing a few times first but am curious as to how many Neocodex sellers are actually willing to work with you on this, having never bought anything from the TP here.
I'm also curious as to what methods players on this site who specifically buy items/NP for their mail actually use for securing. How many accounts should you slowly transfer items/NP through to be safe? There have been posts before about this, but I felt like they were more theoretical, rather than "this is what I have done and not gotten frozen doing".

The traders here are generally friendly. If you request, I think they would be glad to help you with neomailing. :)

I have not gotten frozen from trading NP just via the trading post, and also buying pets. But I don't trade a lot and very often.
All the accounts that come into contact with unsafe items/NP are at risk. So it's better to secure (leaving it in the account for a period of time and not getting frozen) your item/NPs first before transferring them to your other accounts. It should be safe then. Remember to use proxies too.

#23 Epicness

Epicness
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 01:03 AM

I did what Yung said a while back.
It works.

#24 dannyo669

dannyo669
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 03:47 AM

Wow man unlucky I wish you the best for your future buying though bro!

#25 namida

namida
  • 64 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 06:34 AM

Buying 5m isn't really crazy and stupid... the problem was probably the origins of the items. Unlike Codex, other sites allow hacked accounts to be traded which puts users who buy form them at risk.

hacked accounts? what exactly does hacked mean?

I'm trying to get into one of my very old and forgotten accounts but i can't remember the password and the email it had was discontinued because the firm/company discontinued the e mail service so the forgot password doesn't work. ...plus I lied about my age and I forgot the lie.

My boyfriend said that in order to hack an account I would have to hack the neopet server...which I obviously can't cuz I can barely work the printer let alone hack anything .

1. is it easy and common to hack an account? i got really attached to my neopets how can I better prevent hacking?
2. how can i get into my old side accounts :)

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users