Quantcast

Photo

Would you buy this style of art? Looking for a price check.

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 becaroo

becaroo
  • 30 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 04:47 PM

Hiya. I’m looking to sell my art style, and I'd really love to get some pricing on it. I can draw unique, cute and cartoony/chibi-style neopet art that have won BC’s before. I can’t guarantee you’ll win over a spamming and advertising neowhore with millions of pity votes, but you’ll have a pretty good chance if you advertise. 8D I can’t display all of my art on the forum due to the fact I have some of the pictures on my petpages and lookup, but if you’d like to PM me I can show you some nicer and more varied samples. I do however have one (unfinished) sample that hasn't been used anywhere;

Posted Image

it takes me about 3-4 hours + to finish a drawing, depending on big or detailed it is, or if it has other items like petpets included... I'm happy to do 2-3 different sketches and you can pick which one you like best before I finalize it. I also can colour it in a certain way if you'd prefer; bright/soft, shading/no shading and include backgrounds or outlines etc. You'd be free to enter the art in the BC or Art Gallery, also...

The are some limitations though... I don’t/won’t/can’t draw buzz, grundo, ruki, jetsam/flotsam, koi, nimmo/quiggle and hissi – sorry, but I just suck at them, lol. I won’t draw most handheld weapons and clothes, some dresses and tops will be made the exception in the case of neopets that stand upright/on two legs or royal pets – but pants won’t be drawn. I don't/won't draw anthro, furry or human-like neopets, though girl pets will be given a softer and more feminine look, but I don’t draw boobs – sorry. I will, however, draw most facial items, hats, scarves, wings, dolls, petpets, belts, socks etc... I prefer neopets to stay looking like a recognizable neopet so I won’t be customizing a meerca to look like almost exactly like a real life squirrel, for example. I will draw neopets that have a backstory/special design, however. A draik with no wings, a lupe with certain markings, an aisha with a fluffy tail etc etc.

oh here are some other unused samples.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by becaroo, 22 January 2012 - 01:03 AM.

#2 IamDaniel

IamDaniel
  • 197 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 January 2012 - 05:14 PM

Though I'm not into art but your drawings look amazing! Posted Image

#3 Kraftwerk

Kraftwerk
  • 187 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 January 2012 - 05:19 PM

I love your style, may I ask what program you use to colour?

I would buy it, no doubt. For myself mostly, not for neo. :p

#4 Blissey

Blissey
  • 581 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 05:24 PM

Someone else who loves Gnorbus?
<3
I thought I was alone.
I like your art style.
Bit short on NP though, so I can't really go throwing my remaining <1M around on art
hahah.
Best of luck to you, though!

#5 2NE1

2NE1
  • 31 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 05:31 PM

I love your art! (In particular, the mutant one)

Hm, there's someone selling NT services here & I think your art service is pretty much similar to that.
So I'll probably base your prices around that price range.. so around 2m and up? *shrugs* I think it should be higher than that considering the quality of your art but idk.

Sorry I'm not much of a help! xD

#6 likerobots

likerobots
  • 537 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 05:31 PM

i'm no wiz, but i'd say at the VERY least 3m np for what you do

#7 Heatherrm

Heatherrm
  • 27 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 05:45 PM

Ooh, I love your style! That gnorbu is so pretty. Good luck with your selling!

#8 Bx2

Bx2
  • 22 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 05:48 PM

Though I am new to the concept of trading neopoints for art; I must say that your work is very strong.
I, myself, am someone who strives to be as artistic as possible in my works so I understand the amount of work that went into your pictures.
Not knowing the price range for this site, I would guess at least one million neopoints.

#9 becaroo

becaroo
  • 30 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 05:54 PM

thanks guys!

for those who asked, I use photoshop elements. I haven't had any lessons so I think that's why it takes me so long... I'm interested in learning some tutorials or taking some classes. o 3o

I was hoping to get something worth around $7~$10 or so... I don't think I could be bothered to draw anything for less haha.

#10 Blissey

Blissey
  • 581 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 05:59 PM

thanks guys!

for those who asked, I use photoshop elements. I haven't had any lessons so I think that's why it takes me so long... I'm interested in learning some tutorials or taking some classes. o 3o

I was hoping to get something worth around $7~$10 or so... I don't think I could be bothered to draw anything for less haha.

That's roughly 3.5-5M ish, if you didn't know already

#11 becaroo

becaroo
  • 30 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 06:11 PM

oh sweet. 8D do you think 5mil would be reasonable for something like I posted?

#12 Neoquest

Neoquest
  • 1760 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 January 2012 - 06:19 PM

oh sweet. 8D do you think 5mil would be reasonable for something like I posted?

Seems a little overpriced to me, I've gotten similar drawings (albeit much less detailed for sure) for 500k in the past, I think the absolute maximum would be 2-3m. Just my opinion though.

Edited by Neoquest, 20 January 2012 - 06:21 PM.

#13 becaroo

becaroo
  • 30 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 07:53 PM

ah ok sure. well I don't really want to get swamped with orders if they were cheaper, I work and study full time so can only really do 1-3 or so pweek.

#14 likerobots

likerobots
  • 537 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 12:05 AM

5m might be pushing it, but i guess it depends on the drawing. like if they wanted more elaborate clothes / a background / petpets, it'd be a little pricier, right? o:

#15 Neoquest

Neoquest
  • 1760 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 January 2012 - 12:10 AM

ah ok sure. well I don't really want to get swamped with orders if they were cheaper, I work and study full time so can only really do 1-3 or so pweek.

9m per week isn't exactly bad income, if you'd get that much business and have enough customers that is. I doubt you'd be too swamped, I've never seen art sales generate a ton of interest.

#16 becaroo

becaroo
  • 30 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 01:27 AM

Yea true. Well to be honest I would happily start lower (500k+) for a while, I'm nervous/paranoid buyer and seller anyway so I'd prefer to start low haha.

#17 Honey

Honey
  • 442 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 January 2012 - 02:35 AM

Wow its cute! I love it ♥
I think I would buy it for 500k maybe?
(my style is quite different)

#18 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 January 2012 - 02:39 AM

500k for this is a maximum rate of 25 cents an hour.

You people are incredible.

#19 IcedEarth

IcedEarth
  • 724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 January 2012 - 02:44 AM

maybe 1 mil a piece, btw great work. How do you ink your drawings?

#20 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 January 2012 - 05:23 AM

Your art style is so cute!! :3
And 400-500k sounds pretty darn good, maybe charge more/less depending on how much detail is in it? Like uhh..
  • 150k for just a simple pic, no shading/background, lazy pose (like just sitting/standing)
  • 250k for ^ but with shading, maybe a simple background
  • 500k for a proper artsy pic, shading and backgrounds and textures and all that other cool stuff!

Heheh, just a thought :3
(and similar to what I was gonna do for a BC service before my comp killed itself...)

#21 Honey

Honey
  • 442 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 January 2012 - 07:37 AM

I think becaroo enjoys making these drawing. So we give her/him some neopoint to enjoy Neopets more - so whats wrong with it? ;)
I mean, becaroo's art is really really nice. S/he is not doing this professional (otherwise there wouldn't be the above mentioned limitations) and MUST not take our orders.

Like Turnip said:
  • 150k for just a simple pic, no shading/background, lazy pose (like just sitting/standing)
  • 250k for ^ but with shading, maybe a simple background
  • 500k for a proper artsy pic, shading and backgrounds and textures and all that other cool stuff!
I think this is fine :D

#22 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 January 2012 - 09:45 AM

People who enjoy their work should get paid less than those who despise it?
Some super top-notch logic there.

#23 Spirited

Spirited
  • 677 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 January 2012 - 10:50 AM

Personally I think you should price your artwork to the value you think it's worth.
After all, art is priceless in my opinion. Not everyone could draw like you do. :)

People who are really interested/need your services would pay any price, wouldn't they?

#24 Guest_idonotexist_*

Guest_idonotexist_*

Posted 21 January 2012 - 11:11 AM

Shame, I'm obsessed with Grundos and was going to message you until I saw you don't draw Grundos. xD rofl

Let me know if you ever get experience or better with drawing them and I'll gladly pay a decent price for something :)

I'd be willing to pay 1-2m depending on how elaborate and how close to my "idea" it was. Lol I know that doesn't help but -shrugs-

Edited by Grundox, 21 January 2012 - 11:12 AM.

#25 Honey

Honey
  • 442 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 January 2012 - 01:16 PM

People who enjoy their work should get paid less than those who despise it?
Some super top-notch logic there.

What I wanted to say is: people who doing more then just the work they enjoy will get paid better.
People who just do that for fun, will do their work even nobody ask for it.

If I did some art work for fun and someone is willing to pay for it... yeay lucky~~
If I wanted to earn some money with my art, I wouldn't look for customers here ;)
You can't earn your keep by doing Neopets services.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users