Quantcast

Photo

Would you buy this style of art? Looking for a price check.

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#26 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 January 2012 - 01:23 PM

What I wanted to say is: people who doing more then just the work they enjoy will get paid better.
People who just do that for fun, will do their work even nobody ask for it.

If I did some art work for fun and someone is willing to pay for it... yeay lucky~~
If I wanted to earn some money with my art, I wouldn't look for customers here ;)
You can't earn your keep by doing Neopets services.

Taking commissions is not doing artwork for fun.
People don't deserve to be underpaid because they enjoy their work, no matter how many times you repeat it in variations of stilted English.

#27 Honey

Honey
  • 442 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 January 2012 - 02:33 PM

I think that it's fun.
Otherwise I wouldn't do it.

I agree with you that people shouldn't be underpaid.
But 500k seem to me okay.

Edit:
If you can't understand what I say, I can repeat in another language ;)

Edited by CuteyHoney, 21 January 2012 - 02:36 PM.

#28 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 January 2012 - 02:38 PM

But 500k seem to me okay.

25 cents an hour seems ok to you?
There's your problem.

#29 Jaws

Jaws
  • 538 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 January 2012 - 03:57 PM

• 150k for just a simple pic, no shading/background, lazy pose (like just sitting/standing)
  • 250k for ^ but with shading, maybe a simple background
  • 500k for a proper artsy pic, shading and backgrounds and textures and all that other cool stuff!

Considering not that many people sell art services on Neocodex you could probably ask for more neopoints.
I really like your drawings, especially the petpet on your mutant uni drawing!
I personally would buy your art, not as much for the BC but simply to put on a pet lookup, you use a very popular style when it comes to drawing... that comes in handy :)

#30 becaroo

becaroo
  • 30 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 05:33 PM

Taking commissions is not doing artwork for fun.
People don't deserve to be underpaid because they enjoy their work, no matter how many times you repeat it in variations of stilted English.

I agree with sweeney's posts, lol... I mean, 125k-500k isn't really what I was looking for and kinda low. xD; I could earn 125k on neopets in an hour or by doing nothing (leaving a habi open at night), it takes me a lot longer to draw something like the mutant uni + kookith pic.. and I really put a lot of effort into it.

iunno... I was hoping to sell for around the $10 mark eventually, I mean I'm happy to start off smaller because I'm new here and only just starting out (I have someone interested in my first commission for 1mil) but I don't think I could take any less than that really... even though I like drawing, if I'm doing it for someone else with certain requests, it would be nice to get a decent amount, otherwise it hardly seems worth the time and effort, you know? D:

Edited by becaroo, 21 January 2012 - 05:39 PM.

#31 Honey

Honey
  • 442 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 January 2012 - 04:20 AM

@sweeney
okay, you're right. 25 cent per hour IS low.

I don't know how to express myself in English in a right way.
I got the feeling that neocodex members sell their np/pet/items for a very "good" price (to other members) - compared to neopoint selling sites -
although they could take more.

#32 juicyub

juicyub
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 03:42 PM

hey those are really cute =)
i would buy it for 2 mill =)

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users