• This topic is locked This topic is locked
40 replies to this topic

#1 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 January 2012 - 01:59 AM

Awesome idea, I'll donate 1mil-ish but you never told us how or where to donate ;)

#2 Sida

Sida
  • Tsvetesman

• 3865 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 02:25 AM

While it's great how much you donate to Codex and it sucks that you got an item stolen, I think this is a shitty way to go about releasing programs and earning NP.

#3 Sida

Sida
  • Tsvetesman

• 3865 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 02:38 AM

Out of everything I give away, this is the only program I am ever going to 'charge' for. By releasing this to the NeoCodex public, I am effectively eliminating my chances of ever actually acquiring a cove item as my net speed from here is nowhere near fast enough to compete with other Cove ABers, and there is too much lag to use my VPS accurately enough to click the right time.

I could of course just NOT release it at all, and continue my efforts at trying to score a couple of the items every time they are released instead.

I dunno, I just think it's a bad way to go about making NP back. If people are willing to pay for the program though I guess there's no problem. Good luck with it Posted Image

Edit: Oh, you edited :p Like I said, the amount you've donated here is great! But donations sort of lose their worth imo when you start asking for NP back because you donated in the past.

#4 Unseen

Unseen
  • Cultist of the Unseeing Eye

• 571 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 02:54 AM

Edit: Oh, you edited :p Like I said, the amount you've donated here is great! But donations sort of lose their worth imo when you start asking for NP back because you donated in the past.

Look at it this way, you're buying a service, and then those neopoints will mostly likely be donated back at some point. Everyone wins.

#5 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 January 2012 - 02:56 AM

@ Yung;
I'll keep a tally of the users and amounts in the first post. Once it gets to the amount I'll PM each person in turn with an Auction link for an item with the amount they have pledged and they can bid to that.

Sounds good, put me down for 2.5mil. I'll make a more generous donation :)

#6 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 January 2012 - 03:00 AM

Who stole your BGC btw? :/

#7 itsfrananne

itsfrananne
  • 71 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 03:02 AM

Not to be elitist BUT to narrow competition, mind making this advanced only?

#8 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 January 2012 - 03:13 AM

Nobody from Codex. It was done as a 'legit' lend on Neo, from an account that had had Suap, MSPP lends done on the boards before. One of the few 'legit' lends I did in order to keep my lending looking legit.

Next time around why not stage a few lends that look legit with a few trusted members of our own community here rather than take a risk with someone you don't know at all?

#9 Unseen

Unseen
  • Cultist of the Unseeing Eye

• 571 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 03:14 AM

Not to be elitist BUT to narrow competition, mind making this advanced only?

If you wanted elitist, he'd lock it down for people that naturally earned advanced ^_~. But I must ask, why make it advanced only, if the general people as a whole could contribute?

#10 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 January 2012 - 03:18 AM

If it were elitist only then you can take my donation off cause it wouldn't help me at all since I pay for my Advanced and I haven't been voted in.

Advanced only I can see it being used as an additional perk to being an Advanced member and it might go to further sales.

Public for anyone would just make so those hundreds of guests that we have lurking would take it and few, if any, of us would actually be able to use it and get anything from it.

#11 itsfrananne

itsfrananne
  • 71 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 03:32 AM

The only reason I say is, that most people who will donate (me included, just need to get some more pure gathered so I don't seem too cheap:P) will be advanced..

It's like, I can see it being uber popular and therefore chances of getting anything if it was public would be slim to nil :(

unless like you did advanced member better settings like on the AB?

Just a suggestion guys :p

#12 Sida

Sida
  • Tsvetesman

• 3865 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 03:54 AM

I've helped out plenty of people here including yourself and Tsvete and not ever expected anything in return.

Which is why honestly you could have made the NP just by asking for donations from people here :p For example, I'll probably give you a mil or two if I have it (I have no idea how much I have), but the program has no influence because I don't use them. There would be plenty of people here who would do the same.

#13 Jaws

Jaws
  • 538 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 January 2012 - 06:00 AM

It's like, I can see it being uber popular and therefore chances of getting anything if it was public would be slim to nil :(

unless like you did advanced member better settings like on the AB?

The program is simply Posted Image, but as itsfrananne said, If anyone could use the program it would really narrow the chance of getting anything so either Advanced restricted or advanced perks should be implemented :/

Which is why honestly you could have made the NP just by asking for donations from people here :p For example, I'll probably give you a mil or two if I have it (I have no idea how much I have), but the program has no influence because I don't use them. There would be plenty of people here who would do the same.

Sida's right, plenty of people would donate by just asking.I'm more than willing to donate towards the program, and I wouldn't even be able to use it! *Mac*

#14 itsfrananne

itsfrananne
  • 71 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 06:10 AM

yeah, like I said, I'm not trying to be like "you can't afford/haven't been about long enough to deserve it #elite" I just think people that contribute to the site (through content or advanced subscription should have better odds when using it :p

#15 jcrdude

jcrdude
  • Oh shit there's a thing here

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 January 2012 - 07:57 AM

I'll donate 5 mil. PM me when you need it ;)

#16 themetagame

themetagame
  • 64 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 08:20 AM

I'm NP poor right now, but PM me details and I'll gladly chip in 800k

(But this advanced talk might make me change my mind.... just because I don't spend all day on here posting doesn't mean I don't VERY much appreciate the community)

I'd say release the program FIRST to the top 30 or so Benefactors, then as many copies as you like to other Benefactors after that.

Edited by themetagame, 26 January 2012 - 08:23 AM.

#17 Irradium

Irradium
  • Pyro (699) Maniac

• 892 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 January 2012 - 08:30 AM

I'll donate 5 mil. PM me when you need it ;)

Same - I may be able to do 10 mil though?

#18 zandra

zandra
  • 791 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 08:52 PM

When i click "check" will it wait for the nearest :00 before checking or it will just visit the cove even if it isn't restock time?

#19 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 January 2012 - 08:52 PM

Please don't release this, bro !

#20 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 January 2012 - 09:02 PM

When i click "check" will it wait for the nearest :00 before checking or it will just visit the cove even if it isn't restock time?

it will visit the cove at the time you click check. Its not a scheduled process.

#21 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 January 2012 - 11:10 AM

Also, just because you told me not to makes me want to do it just to piss you off xD

How do you know I didn't expect that and I'm just goading you into releasing it with or without donations? xD

#22 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 January 2012 - 12:54 PM

How do you know I didn't expect that and I'm just goading you into releasing it with or without donations? xD

If you were, you wouldn't have said this :p

#23 mobster281

mobster281
  • 257 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 02:02 PM

I would donate if I wasnt so broke : (

#24 itsfrananne

itsfrananne
  • 71 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 02:58 PM

What program do you code on? Considering trying to learn :)

#25 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 January 2012 - 03:04 PM

What program do you code on? Considering trying to learn :)

It'll be Visual Basic 6.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users