BIGGEST PET PEEVE EVER

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 Maeghan

Maeghan
  • 253 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 January 2012 - 08:21 PM

Why in Gods name do people text you for the following conversation.

Him: Hey
Me: Hey, whats up?
Him: NM u?
Me: Same, how's life?
Him: Meh, its ok. I got a girlfriend now, so it's all good.
Me: Oh thats great! Im happy for you.
Him: Yeah

WHY DID YOU TEXT ME IF YOU HAVE NOTHING WORTHWHILE TO SAY?

#2 Melchoire

Melchoire
  • 5284 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 January 2012 - 08:26 PM

Maybe he's trying to make you jealous but is painfully bad at being subtle?

#3 Maeghan

Maeghan
  • 253 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 January 2012 - 08:28 PM

Probably, but it's painful. Painful and pathetic and POSITIVELY ANNOYING.

#4 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 January 2012 - 08:29 PM

Sign him up for Hourly Cat Facts.

#5 likerobots

likerobots
  • 537 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 08:39 PM

yes. especially the utterly lame guys who after the breakup you don't really give a shit about.

i'm assuming you're talking to an ex.

#6 Unseen

Unseen
  • Cultist of the Unseeing Eye

• 571 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 08:42 PM

The best way to mind fuck him at this point. Tell him you already knew. Later, continue on with how many other people she's screwed around with and that he's just a temporary stepping stone.

#7 James

James
  • ♔ King James ♔

• 1539 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 08:43 PM

lol That sounds like me. I honestly don't know what to talk about when texting, what are you supposed to say?

"Oh hey how about that blue sky, sure is blue isn't it?"
"Actually it looks more blueish grey you idiot."
"Well, then. Ok."

Guess which one is me. ;)

Also, how are you supposed to end the conversation?

"Oh hey I'm going to put my phone down now and not look at it for the rest of the day, so don't text me back ok? :)"
"Oh alright haha! ^^"

Please. Inform me on this matter I so I don't look like the idiot in the first post.

#8 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 January 2012 - 09:02 PM

Don't text if you rnot trying to say anything.

The purpose of texting isn't to just text. Its to converse. Why would you even bother texting someone if your not looking to find out/discuss something? If your wanting to ask them out. Text them and ask that. If your trying to see why the fuck they are not home yet, text them and find out. If you are trying to cheat on a test, text them and find out.

There isn't anything you are "supposed" to say in a text, except for what you are wanting to converse about. If you are just trying to hit on a girl so she likes you... You gotta learn to talk to a girl in the first place, and then just do that when texting.

And to end the conversation, try the following conversation enders "Talk to you later" "Goodbye" "SHUT THE FUCK UP AND GO AWAY ALREADY"

All of them will work. The first two are more socially acceptable.

And to end the conversation, try the following conversation enders "Talk to you later" "Goodbye" "SHUT THE FUCK UP AND GO AWAY ALREADY"

All of them will work. The first two are more socially acceptable.

#9 Maeghan

Maeghan
  • 253 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 January 2012 - 09:07 PM

^^genious

And the weird thing is its not an ex. Not even someone I've been on a date. Weve been acquaintances forever and enjoyed the mild flirting occasionally. Hung out in a group with other mutual friends. Other than that nothing special.

*genius

#10 James

James
  • ♔ King James ♔

• 1539 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 09:09 PM

Haha, people don't care if you say you have to go? I mean if you're texting you can pretty much do it anywhere. The only time it would seem logical to say "I have to go now" is if you're about to sleep.

#11 likerobots

likerobots
  • 537 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 09:09 PM

did anyone else get a sense of deja vu

#12 Maeghan

Maeghan
  • 253 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 January 2012 - 09:10 PM

Nope. It's just you. You're going crazy. It's just you. You're going crazy.

#13 Ladida

Ladida
  • Night Owl 🌛

• 2152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 January 2012 - 09:23 PM

Normally if I know the person doesn't have anything to say, I don't bother replying for a few hours.. Then they reply.. And I wait a few more hours and reply. That's if I haven't totally forgotten about the person. I'm tired of my phone. I'm tired of people saying retarded random crap. My contacts seem unable to carry on any sort of intelligent conversation.

Also, if someone's last comment is "Yeah" or "Ok", or some form of one of those, I take that as the end of the conversation, and promptly forget that I was ever talking to the person.

#14 Leaf

Leaf
  • 372 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 09:42 PM

Personally i think its a bunch of mind fuck game's immateur people like to play.
Sometimes they swear they aren't doing it on purpose but you know they are even if they aren't aware at the time. you still just want to choke them.
I wouldn't give in to it. He wants you to respond. Its a game.... dont play it.
If he misses you he should tell you, not try to get you jealous.
what a truck.

#15 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 January 2012 - 09:50 PM

Haha, people don't care if you say you have to go? I mean if you're texting you can pretty much do it anywhere. The only time it would seem logical to say "I have to go now" is if you're about to sleep.

Do you not understand the concept of ending a conversation?

Of course they wont mind, because they understand, "Hey, the conversation is over". Its like you where hanging out and chilling with your friends and you waved to them and said "Goodbye". It means "Hey. I got shit to do, so I'm going to go and do it and not this. Peace". No one has the right to get mad at you for ending a conversation, unless you try to do it in the middle of the conversation, "Okay, so we are meeting up friday. Where at?" "goodbye". That wont work. But if you guys are just idly talking, you can just say "Gotta go, I'll talk to you later" and they will get that as "Hey. I have things to do, I'll text you again when I have more time". If you actually have a reason for not wanting to text anymore "Hey. I'm at work. Can't text anymore". Or "Going into a movie, no more texting from me". Or basically anything else. End a texting conversation how you would a phone call, or any other call. Just let them know that your busy and they will get a text later.

Personally i think its a bunch of mind fuck game's immateur people like to play.
Sometimes they swear they aren't doing it on purpose but you know they are even if they aren't aware at the time. you still just want to choke them.
I wouldn't give in to it. He wants you to respond. Its a game.... dont play it.
If he misses you he should tell you, not try to get you jealous.
what a truck.

She has already established that he's not trying to make her jealous. Hes just making small talk.... Which is reserved for when your in a situation that you can't get out of, and you have nothing better to do then make small talk. Its to pass the time idly. You don't TEXT someone to make small talk. You don't start a conversation simply with the intention to small talk with them. Thats just stupid and retarded.

And if I remember correctly, she has a kid with someone and is happy with him? Why would she be jealous? EDIT: I take that back... She just left him this month. Well. maybe she might be jelly then. Idk

Nope. It's just you. You're going crazy. It's just you. You're going crazy.

http://i.qkme.me/49bx.jpg

#16 Maeghan

Maeghan
  • 253 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 January 2012 - 04:12 AM

In vaguely concerned with how much I argue knows about me.

#17 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 January 2012 - 05:51 AM

And this is why I'm glad I don't have many irl friends who text a lot~
Only like... three people text me, and most of the time they're just on IRC/WLM/next to me anyways sooo...

But dang, that sounds like it would be annoying D:

Edited by Turnip, 31 January 2012 - 05:52 AM.

#18 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 January 2012 - 10:08 AM

I stop texting these people. I text a lot and it's not worth my time if they're shitty at texting. Sometimes at the point even if they text me I won't bother replying if it's just a "what's up".

What's worse is when I'm texting someone and it goes like this:

Me: [awesome text because i'm awesome and hilarious]
Them: LOL
*some time later, seeing me IRL*

Them: Why do you never reply to my texts?
Me: You responded with just lol. I assumed you were done with the conversation
Them: I just didn't know what to say!

Hint: say ANYTHING else.

#19 Inver

Inver
  • 298 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 01:37 PM

Just type back at him in all caps until he stops talking to you out of disgust.

#20 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 January 2012 - 05:30 PM

I stop texting these people. I text a lot and it's not worth my time if they're shitty at texting. Sometimes at the point even if they text me I won't bother replying if it's just a "what's up".

What's worse is when I'm texting someone and it goes like this:

Me: [awesome text because i'm awesome and hilarious]
Them: LOL
*some time later, seeing me IRL*

Them: Why do you never reply to my texts?
Me: You responded with just lol. I assumed you were done with the conversation
Them: I just didn't know what to say!

Hint: say ANYTHING else.

This.

I'm an awesome texter. I text full paragraphs sometimes. But I hate getting a one word response. Or a monosyllabic answer. So I stopped texting shitty texters.

#21 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 January 2012 - 05:34 PM

In vaguely concerned with how much I argue knows about me.

You post everything in status updated. I just don't forget shit.

#22 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 January 2012 - 06:20 PM

You post everything in status updated. I just don't forget shit.

This, and he's also set up surveillance on your house.

#23 Foxer

Foxer
  • 26 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 01:21 AM

Goddammit, YES! xDDDD Useless texts are useless.

#24 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 February 2012 - 08:59 AM

This, and he's also set up surveillance on your house.

That's petty impressive since I have no clue where she lives, if shes even in the US.

#25 ilovepolkadots

ilovepolkadots
  • 724 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 09:46 AM

Sign him up for Hourly Cat Facts.

is it weird that i would like to be signed up for this
o.0

Obv the guy wanted to hook up but lost his nerve. Or maybe he wanted you to ask if she was hot then hit em up for a 3some.

my initial thought

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users