Quantcast

Photo

Do YOU Remember What Was It Like To Be Legit?

• Please log in to reply
125 replies to this topic

#51 Kuragehime

Kuragehime
  • 95 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 May 2012 - 06:56 PM

My main is over 11 years old and while I was't the most avid of players... it took nearly all that time to get to 15mil in my bank account legitimately (mainly stocks and food club). I started ABing two weeks ago and I am making 1-1.5 mil profit a week! I'm not sure if I can go back to the slow earning 100% legit method now... but I do agree that it changes your perceptions of the value of neopoints. In that there is no value in neopoints =__="

#52 Progoo3

Progoo3
  • 137 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 11:13 PM

I remember playing flash games for 2 hrs every single day just to get the funds to train my pet.. Also remember leaping out of my seat when I earned 10k from a scratch card! :)

#53 OriginalFake

OriginalFake
  • 57 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 12:16 AM

I have been only illegit for a month so yeah I remember it. I remember how much it sucked ass trying to manually restock that is Posted Image.
I still do everything else legit (games, events). I think scoresending for trophies or events like the daily dare is lame. Restocking is more of a time and internet speed thing than a skill thing so I don't see it as benig such a big deal, but I think scoresending for trophies is pretty lame..

#54 Progoo3

Progoo3
  • 137 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 12:20 AM

I have been only illegit for a month so yeah I remember it. I remember how much it sucked ass trying to manually restock that is Posted Image.
I still do everything else legit (games, events). I think scoresending for trophies or events like the daily dare is lame. Restocking is more of a time and internet speed thing than a skill thing so I don't see it as benig such a big deal, but I think scoresending for trophies is pretty lame..

Scoresending might be lame, but AoB still gives me that sense of achievement! :)

#55 d4lta

d4lta
  • 114 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 01:08 AM

when i first started it was about ten years ago when theme parks where still about. i won 10k on the wheel of excitement and i went crazy lol (i was maybe ten?) then i offered junk on a faerie pp pb and the owner accidently accepted looool and i sold that for 100k pure! and back then you could nearly buy anything for 100k, hypno helmet (h4k) was 100k lab map was something stupid like 30k for the lot. wand of dark faerie was 1mil and everyone thought it was over priced lol. and no one useto collect gayvatars back then

#56 ConnorJames

ConnorJames
  • 16 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 02:43 AM

It was horrible and boring. I hate TNT, AAA buyer is the best :D

#57 Silky

Silky
  • 49 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 09:22 AM

Years ago I reached around 8 mil legit and had a marvoulous items that are now in the 80-100mil slots. Was in a prestige guild and everything... And then I was froze ad apparently had "cheated" on flash games do I decided if they were going to ruin years of work id just do what I was being accused of.

Since I now AB and AOB and have been for the last 4 weeks or so I have went from nothing to around 15m ( and even then some of that's legitly made)

#58 jdoll

jdoll
  • 38 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 May 2012 - 09:43 AM

eh

thats lame. when i was barely five months, i've already hit the 25mil mark + i had an ice draik egg i bought. so that's about 40mil more or less. i WAS legit. i did all my keyquests 10 gold a day, resold trade, auction sniped, and had a habitarium generating automatically 100k a day. my daily income was a little less than a mil a day after figuring out what works and what doesn't after 2 months.

i still play legit for neopoints, but use abrosia for Magic because i got a bit envious ppl had morphing potions in their galleries and i didn't lol. everything i AB goes in gallery.
my neopoints are well earned.

i figure if you play half legit, and you're getting mps ab'ing from magic with non-ridic settings, and not getting more than 1 a day, you wont get iced. the more trades you do with people the better i think. it just shows history. especially if you're store is selling items as well, even if theyre under 1k nps or 1 np items, just having a huge history of sales/trade in general will help not getting iced ab'ing

Edited by jdoll, 04 May 2012 - 09:54 AM.

#59 Tailwind

Tailwind
  • Win points = 2,235,563

• 2576 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 May 2012 - 06:27 PM

Played Neopets legit for 8 years. Of course most of that time I was a stupid kid and had no idea how to play the market, restock, or abuse the stupidity of others, so I never reached above 2mil legit.

Then of course the Sloth plot hit, ended up coming here to get help, stuck around and haven't even touched Neopets legitly since. Amazingly enough I've never been frozen for cheating or Autobuying. Original main was frozen purely because I was a member of this site. So now I don't give out any info regarding my account anymore - not even lab zaps.

Suck it, TNT. You ain't got nothin' on me.

#60 PinkRainbows

PinkRainbows
  • 125 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 08:00 PM

well... that was a week ago and so far i'm beyond being legit anymore. aber is my best friend and this forum rocks bottom line :)

#61 Tanpopo

Tanpopo
  • 198 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 May 2012 - 08:14 PM

Oh the days of legit.... I was the poorest motherfucker ever, so I even celebrated tiny finds like codestones or faeries. I think the max amount I ever got legit was... maybe 1 mil or so? I was crap at restocking and sniping, so those were out of the question, and I had no idea how to do anything else. I'm surprised I could even make 1 mil, considering I was too lazy to play games, too. Now that I'm abing, I never look back.

#62 Iterative

Iterative
  • 184 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 08:51 PM

My main is actually mostly legit when it came to making NP. I only AOB'ed for some of the Daily Dares that were too obnoxious to do legit. I make about 150k-ish per day, mostly from Habi, more when I bothered to play Key Quest. It's not that it's impossible to make a decent amount legit, it just takes so much time and effort, it's hardly worth it when you can get the same by running an ABer instead.

#63 Camper

Camper
  • 46 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 10:38 PM

I was so happy getting to 2m when I was legit. Now thats nothing lol. When you start playing illegit all you want is good battledome items xD

#64 yyamimono

yyamimono
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 09:52 PM

Was legit for 3-4 years, spent most of my time on the boards trying to resell items.
Then I discovered ABer... Made 1 mil within the first 5 mins of running. Was never legit since.

#65 Hush

Hush
  • 340 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 12:03 AM

I just remember doing nothing but chatting on the boards because I am waaaay to lazy to earn anything myself >_>

#66 Zinkk

Zinkk
  • 128 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 04:43 AM

I played legit for almost 9 years. The most neopoints I made legit was 10 million. That literally took me all of those 9 years to make. I played KQ everyday opening my 10 gold keys, and did habitarium, also did some AAA buying as well so I did finally learn how to generate a decent amount of neopoints.
Then I discovered some of my neofriends were cheating, I personally had looked into it a few times but always chickened out. They pretty much were the last push I needed to do it.
Aber is my best friend and I absolutely love AoB as well.
The only real reason I have for cheating is I'm tired of having a wonderfully aged account and being poor as dirt, I don't have any goals for the points I earn, I just want them. :innocent:

#67 Cythose

Cythose
  • Banned from trading - Do not trade with this user!

• 79 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 06:00 AM

I still play legit!!! >;D

sometimes ;<

Edited by Winkey, 12 May 2012 - 06:02 AM.

#68 cornymikey

cornymikey
  • 160 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 06:42 AM

But playing neopets legit is boring, to be honest.

I remember when I restocked for real. It's just pressing the dum refresh button every 4 seconds and it's SOOOO boring.

#69 kevin11022

kevin11022
  • 13 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 08:04 AM

But playing neopets legit is boring, to be honest.

I remember when I restocked for real. It's just pressing the dum refresh button every 4 seconds and it's SOOOO boring.

Agree! The time I restocked without AB in Magic was extremely tiring and boring.
Just imagine stay in the same page for 4 hours a day and only buy less than three potions for a week.

#70 CharmanderFTW

CharmanderFTW
  • 123 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 May 2012 - 11:07 AM

i created my first account when i was 11 (2001) I remember playing legit up until this week lol.
however id been looking for a cheat site for years.

I made my first mill about 4 years ago, i was off and on, and that was the best neo day ever!
I remember back when 10k was a lot of money though i won 10k from the wheel of excitment and about shit my pants.
I legit sniped but never really restocked aside from kaylas potions made about 5m alone in a month from there legitly.

Then my main got frozen. I got up to 5m again and was like effff this.
Downloaded this aber, paid for a sub.
Made 6m in two days :D off that attic and about 5 items a day from the book shop

#71 Wrukag

Wrukag
  • 33 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 08:06 AM

In my younger days I always dreamed of being rich. I saw these "elite" players with there hundreds of millions and was always left wondering why I could barely make 10k a day from games and was so bad at restocking I'd be forced to buy awful HTS worthless items, cards/foods/stamps and make a few hundred NP a day selling them in my shop =p

The rest of Neopia seemed to flourish, but with my shitty internet and horrible flash game abilities I spent hours upon hours just trying to make even the smallest amount of NP. After almost 6 years when I hit 2mill I thought it could never get any better then that, so I quit Neopets, proud beyond all reason of my small 2million np's. Two years later I'm back on, and making more money then I ever thought possible! Rows of 0's in my bank and rows of trophies on my lookup.

I grew up on Neopets.. and even though I can't justify cheating it feels like there is a part of me, my inner child, looking at me, smiling, knowing that through me his dreams are being accomplished.

Edited by Wrukag, 13 May 2012 - 08:07 AM.

#72 DarKside

DarKside
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 01:48 PM

I was pretty much legit for quite some time. Played few games that made 1K np easily. Made about 30K a day on a good day. Highest i ever had was probably after selling an electric blue paint brush from frut machine. Started image clicks after a few years, got mass banned (created about 20 accounts to get 50K each day on each account). Restarted with a new main, and sponser clicks on on main only. Accumulated to about 8M total over 2 years or so in one account. Got my pets legally through pound sufing and trading.Aa year ago, started using auto pound surfer and didn't really get antyhing good out of it. Now, i have started autobuying. after 3 weeks of autobuying, i have gotten morphing potions and a total of about 22M probably. Im just now waiting to see if i get frozen. :wub: Only time will tell i suppose. Dunno if i want to get back to legal way of buying. I dont' even play games anymore...should probably play again.. :funone2:

My inital reason to get rich was to get a draik MP. Initially worth 2M (hence the 20 accounts and 2 days of clicks would get there). Then once i restarted, the price went up to 7M then up..

#73 Metigue

Metigue
  • 689 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 02:23 PM

I got frozen for no reason went illegit and never looked back, although I used to love the roleplaying boards when I was younger ^^;

#74 menehune12

menehune12
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 03:47 PM

I used to be legit, figured out how hard and time consuming it was to earn NP, but that was many years ago on another account - which I dont remember the birthday for. Now after going illegit its hard to go back to legit, but everynow and then I like to go do things legitly like RS from magic legit.

EDIT: I remember when things were cheaper or some more expensive. I remember when I had RS'ed my first UB which was the Raspberry Chocolate Tuskaninny. That was worth like a lot more than the 70k it is now. Things have changed. :(

Edited by menehune12, 19 May 2012 - 11:48 AM.

#75 travis

travis
  • 5408 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 May 2012 - 04:57 PM

Knowin' nothin' in life but to be legit, Don't quote me boy I ain't said shit.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users