• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#1 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 February 2012 - 11:47 PM

Many of you may already understand that the current administration (Shadowlink64, Noitidart, and myself) have been neglecting Neocodex as far as new developments and furthering the site go. All three of us were a lot younger when the site started and had more time on our hands. As we grow older, we have various activities that take us away from our responsibilities as admins. You may have sent us a PM with a question and not been answered, had a problem with purchasing advanced membership that remained unresolved for too long, or just saw Neocodex in a bit of a slump.

While we had some excellent members like Laser Wave taking care of major areas of the forum and handling much of what needed to be handled, we need admins too. We need admins to set the direction of the site and revitalize new developments. We need admins capable of making the decisions necessary to grow our site to attract new customers, build new products, and drive Neocodex further. We need admins who have the time and dedication to make things happen.

It is with this in mind that Noitidart, Shadowlink64, and myself have decided to promote two new admins: Pyro699 and Soul Stealer. We believe that these two are more than capable of handling the various needs of the website and take it to the next level. The current administration will be working with them to help in the transition for a few months. While the current administration will be around, we will be handing off the day-to-day management of the website to the new administration.

Please congratulate the two new admins and help them in making Neocodex even better than it is today :).

#2 Pyro699

Pyro699
  • 1543 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 February 2012 - 12:01 AM

Hey Guys :)

I'm sure that over the next few days there are going to be many posts in this thread talking about possible concerns and worries some of you might have for codex and what exactly is going to change. I want to very clearly emphasise that any changes we do make will not be instantaneous and talked about thoroughly with the community to ensure that codex can continue to thrive and expand. I am very honoured to be taking on this new position after only being here for such a short time, the friends i have made feel more like my family as i have learned more about myself in this past year than i did all throughout high-school. The skill-set that i have obtained has also grown exponentially and i am truly grateful for everything that has been given to me. With this new position i hope that i am able to finally return more to this community than i have in the past.

I am still going to be programming in addition to my new admin duties -- in fact, as an admin, I'm going to be concentrating more on the technology backend of the site

I'm not sure what else there is for me to explain here because my public speaking (as of now) is not that great, but like my ability to program i hope that it will increase over the next few weeks :)

I thank you all and look forward to being part of the Neocodex Administrative Team :)
~Cody Woolaver

#3 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 February 2012 - 12:07 AM

Cool

#4 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 February 2012 - 12:16 AM

Congrats pyro. Maybe things will start happening around here :)

And what does this mean for Soul_Stealer's program manager?

#5 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 February 2012 - 12:31 AM

Congrats to Pyro and Soul. Well deserved in my opinion. I look forward to seeing what you guys can bring to the table and good luck with it all.

A MASSIVE pat on the back for the three outgoing administrators. Without you guys, there would be no Neocodex. You've all done an outstanding job to get this site/community to where it is and you deserve every accolade you get.

Well done to Waser and the other guys who've helped out too, more recently. I'm sure you have helped Noit, Hydro and Slink more than you know.

~Strat (just because Cody did it :p )

#6 grapes

grapes
  • Waser Lave Fan

• 403 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 February 2012 - 12:34 AM

Grats Soul and Pyro! :) :nana::thumbsup:

#7 Irradium

Irradium
  • Pyro (699) Maniac

• 892 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 February 2012 - 12:44 AM

Congratulations guys.
To new admins: I hope you keep the site fruitful and ever growing. I cannot wait to see some of your new work! (And please, if you're going to attract new members - make most of them girls ;) )
To old: Well done. You had an amazing, if not spectacular, run, while it lasted, and it will not be forgotten willingly. :)

#8 Pilot

Pilot
  • Bees?

• 1074 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 February 2012 - 12:44 AM

Congratulashuns! Now can we have a new board layout? :rolleyes:

#9 grapes

grapes
  • Waser Lave Fan

• 403 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 February 2012 - 12:55 AM

I don't think we need a new layout. This layout is simple and nice. :)

#10 Galadriel

Galadriel
  • Creature of the Night

• 924 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 February 2012 - 12:58 AM

Please god no

Congrats guys :)

#11 Pilot

Pilot
  • Bees?

• 1074 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 February 2012 - 01:04 AM

I don't think we need a new layout. This layout is simple and nice. :)

Adding more themes =/= removing the current one

#12 Irradium

Irradium
  • Pyro (699) Maniac

• 892 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 February 2012 - 01:10 AM

Adding more themes =/= removing the current one

Still, no. This one serves us well, and is quite easy on the eyes.

#13 Stitches

Stitches
  • 282 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 February 2012 - 01:38 AM

Congrats guys! Thank you to everyone who's put work into the site so far, looking forward to see where it will go from here. Posted Image

#14 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 February 2012 - 01:57 AM

Well, thIs should prove interesting.

Can we have some staff to actually look after things on the boards now?

#15 likerobots

likerobots
  • 537 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 02:01 AM

woolaver is such a cool last name.

congrats on admin, glad codex is getting more helping hands

#16 Robin

Robin
  • 109 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 02:23 AM

Thanks to the older admins for your great work!
And congratulations to Pyro and Soul!

#17 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 February 2012 - 02:28 AM

Adding more to the board layout is the least of our concerns just yet. There are a number of customisations done to this board layout that would then need to be replicated in order to fit in with the new templates and that would be a mammoth task because we'd need to look at what exactly it is that noit has done with a number of them and learn how they actually worked. Not saying it wont happen, just don't expect it anytime soon!

One thing we really do need is some kind of dropdown menu system to replace all of the tabs we currently have for our applications. :p Without that it's pretty difficult for us to accommodate any new forum applications.

#18 onlyme

onlyme
  • I hate everyone.

• 4319 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 February 2012 - 03:43 AM

Posted Image

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Posted Image Posted Image(randomponygifforkway)

OMG CONGRATULATIONS TO TWO AWESOME GUYS WHO SO WELL DESERVED THIS!

Posted Image

i am also a bit sad that you three, hydro, slink and noit are not admins anymore, just because, well you always were. i hope that doesn't mean that you won't be around anymore.

Posted Image

THANK YOU ALL SO SO MUCH FOR EVERYTHING! like for THIS SITE and for being responsible and kind and doing all that work. enjoy your pension and all the best for your personal lifes.

Posted Image

i love you all!

Posted Image

~ lisa

#19 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 February 2012 - 04:19 AM

Wait, why isn't LW admin?

#20 onlyme

onlyme
  • I hate everyone.

• 4319 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 February 2012 - 04:58 AM

i bet he didn't want to xD

#21 Kway

Kway
  • Proud to be a Brony

• 1242 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 February 2012 - 05:10 AM

Wait, why isn't LW admin?

He is too awesome to be an admin. The admins even needed to make a new reputation rank for him.

#22 Drakonid

Drakonid
  • 805 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 February 2012 - 05:22 AM

Oh god, this place is doomed...

#23 IcedEarth

IcedEarth
  • 724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 February 2012 - 05:46 AM

Congrats and thanks to all of you guys for everything. Much much appreciated! :)

#24 Cory

Cory
  • Dinnerbone'd

• 7487 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 February 2012 - 05:54 AM

Wow! The end of nearly a decade of Dro running the show. I'm assuming hydrogen is still technically the owner and is just passing on the torch for management of the site?

Congrats Pyro and SS. I have no doubts that you guys are exactly what the site needs and look forward to seeing the site evolve over time.

#25 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 February 2012 - 06:33 AM

I am impressed with these decisions. Honestly I was worried that the site was stagnating with administrators that were too busy to be able to dedicate the time necessary, as Hydro mentioned, to keep the site thriving and make the decisions and changes necessary on a daily basis. While I have never had problems getting a hold of you guys when I needed you, I know I am only one of thousands of users and can only imagine how much time that requires.

Heartfelt congratulations to Pyro and Soul. Even though I am relatively new, I love you guys and see you both as such hard workers and becoming great programmers as well. I admire your dedication and am so proud of you guys. <3

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users