Photo

Habitarium glitch - Is this safe?

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 Dangocat

Dangocat
  • 119 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 05:31 AM

Hey, sorry I'm new here but this question has been bugging me for a while and this seemed the best place to ask. I've tried looking it up, and I've only been able to find one reference to it in a random post on these forums.

I've been making most of my nps off habitarium lately, and I noticed that if I double click on gems, I get 1k nps instead of 500 nps. I've been doing this to make around 300k a day, but I"m worried I will get frozen. Does anyone know if this is safe? I tried to look it up before I started doing it but since I didn't really find anything, I just went ahead anyways.

I got frozen 7 years ago for minor cheating and just recently came back, so I've been *trying* not to cheat or put myself at risk of getting frozen. It's just hard to not take advantage of such a blatant glitch, and I don't even consider it cheating because it's more like bad habi programming ¬.¬

Anyways, sorry if this has been asked somewhere before. I seriously tried looking around and found nothing, which was really surprising =/.

Thanks for any help you can give me on this matter, and nice to meet you all :)

#2 IcedEarth

IcedEarth
  • 724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 February 2012 - 05:39 AM

I got to level 50 on two accounts and I noticed that too. I clicked many many times on one gem to get more np. I even got 2k from one gem. I don't think many people noticed it.
I always did this and nothing happened to me. (on both accounts)
So I guess it's alright mate :)

Nice to meet you also!

Edited by IcedEarth, 12 February 2012 - 05:40 AM.

#3 Galadriel

Galadriel
  • Creature of the Night

• 924 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 February 2012 - 07:13 AM

This makes me want to start playing Habi again...

Thanks for the info ;)

#4 Spirited

Spirited
  • 677 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 February 2012 - 07:42 AM

I didn't know you can do that! It should be safe, TNT can't track the number of times you click on the gems.... right? :o

But it's against the rules to exploit a glitch though..

Edited by Fireworks, 12 February 2012 - 07:42 AM.

#5 Irradium

Irradium
  • Pyro (699) Maniac

• 892 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 February 2012 - 08:10 AM

I didn't know you can do that! It should be safe, TNT can't track the number of times you click on the gems.... right? :o

But it's against the rules to exploit a glitch though..

It doesn't matter - they can't prove you know what you're doing.

#6 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 February 2012 - 08:47 AM

Because insufficient proof always stops you from getting frozen...

#7 Irradium

Irradium
  • Pyro (699) Maniac

• 892 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 February 2012 - 08:51 AM

Because insufficient proof always stops you from getting frozen...

In certain cases Sweeney. Obviously, you can't apply to this ABing and the like.

#8 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 February 2012 - 09:02 AM

From my own personal experience I have found that they crack down much harder on people for exploiting glitches, even small ones, over things like being a professional RSer. Humane buy times > exploiting a glitch for an extra 2k-3k.

#9 Irradium

Irradium
  • Pyro (699) Maniac

• 892 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 February 2012 - 09:04 AM

From my own personal experience I have found that they crack down much harder on people for exploiting glitches, even small ones, over things like being a professional RSer. Humane buy times > exploiting a glitch for an extra 2k-3k.

That puts things in, albeit idiotic, perspective, although it should be: 'Humane buy times < exploiting a glitch for an extra 2k-3', according to what you say.

#10 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 February 2012 - 09:13 AM

I meant it is a greater method of obtaining Neopoints. Exploiting a glitch for just a few thousand more is often more risky because as soon as it is reported by an honest player TNT will try and find some way of tracking it and then icing the players that they find clearly breaking a rule. ABing if using humane buying speeds is harder for them to prove and often times you will get away with doing that much longer.

Again this is just from my own personal experiences of dealing with TNT.

#11 Irradium

Irradium
  • Pyro (699) Maniac

• 892 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 February 2012 - 09:15 AM

I meant it is a greater method of obtaining Neopoints. Exploiting a glitch for just a few thousand more is often more risky because as soon as it is reported by an honest player TNT will try and find some way of tracking it and then icing the players that they find clearly breaking a rule. ABing if using humane buying speeds is harder for them to prove and often times you will get away with doing that much longer.

Again this is just from my own personal experiences of dealing with TNT.

Meh, you're typically right when it comes to Neopets. Remember my amazing 'inb4'?

#12 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 February 2012 - 09:25 AM

In certain cases Sweeney. Obviously, you can't apply to this ABing and the like.

No, in no cases. If there is suspicion, you will be frozen. If you're not, it's because there's no reason that they've detected, not because they're carefully considering the evidence.

#13 DoNotAnnoyMe

DoNotAnnoyMe
  • 157 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 09:32 AM

agreed, I wouldn't recommend even considering exploiting this.

it's obviously a serious flaw in their handler that adds up your NP and as such can probably exploited to create a *huge* amount of NP easily. and guess what... as soon as one does, a check gets added and everyone abusing it is busted - even just in a "minor" way.
so... hands off that kinda stuff unless you want to be the guy seriously exploiting it on a highly isolated shell ;)

#14 Jun

Jun
  • 907 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 09:44 AM

I have been doing that more than 6 months, getting 2-3k from a gem if im lucky. Nothing bad has happened..

#15 James

James
  • ♔ King James ♔

• 1539 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 11:21 AM

If you don't want to cheat, this might be the wrong site for you. :p (You might be tempted to try out the programs)

But welcome nonetheless! I hope you enjoy your time here if you decide to stay!

Anyways, if you are unsure about it you should probably just not do it. Better safe than sorry, right? But... I would keep doing it. :thumbsup:

Edited by Cold, 12 February 2012 - 11:22 AM.

#16 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 February 2012 - 12:04 PM

DELETE B4 TNT SEES!
D:
LMFAO

#17 Irradium

Irradium
  • Pyro (699) Maniac

• 892 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 February 2012 - 12:08 PM

DELETE B4 TNT SEES!
D:
LMFAO

We're too low profile for TNT - HB would be where they properly monitor for cheaters and the like, if any.

#18 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 February 2012 - 12:13 PM

We're too low profile for TNT - HB would be where they properly monitor for cheaters and the like, if any.

Sweeeeet. im so milking this.

#19 Rainie

Rainie
  • 854 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 12:45 PM

I need to tell Musician about this o3o~

But anyways, if it's not intended to work like that (and TNT finds out about it) there is a possibility for you to get frozen since TNT has stated multiple times that users "will be frozen for abusing a glitch"

Edited by Rainie, 12 February 2012 - 12:45 PM.

#20 IcedEarth

IcedEarth
  • 724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 February 2012 - 01:08 PM

I have been doing that more than 6 months, getting 2-3k from a gem if im lucky. Nothing bad has happened..

Yeah I was doing it for about 6 months.
I don't knnow about other people but habitarium was so laggy for me, especially at level 50 so when I'd click a gem it wouldn't do anything.
I ended up clicking that gem many times and after a few seconds the +500np thing came up like 30 times at one really fast. I thought I'd get 500x like 30 but it gave me between 1-2k.

#21 Dangocat

Dangocat
  • 119 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 01:33 PM

Wow, so many replies. I'm liking this site already!

I'm kind of mixed on this issue now. It sounds like people have been abusing it for a long time and either TNT hasn't noticed or doesn't know how to crack down on it, but then others are saying that it is something that is likely to draw attention. I naturally just spam click when I'm impatient and that's how I ended up discovering it. I'll have to take some time to consider if I want to take the risk I guess.

I realize that this might not be the right site for me if I don't want to cheat. I guess it's more than I don't want to get frozen because I'll probably just stop playing if I do (maybe not a bad thing). It's just that I've gotten frozen in the past for exploiting, and it's happened in other games too =/. But it looks like an interesting site so I'll probably look around for anything useful, and try to be good ;)

#22 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 February 2012 - 03:34 PM

You have got to stop answering questions and statements concerning subjects you know nothing about. So please, revel in your ignorance, but at least have the courtesy not to spread it around.

#23 Irradium

Irradium
  • Pyro (699) Maniac

• 892 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 February 2012 - 04:57 PM

You have got to stop answering questions and statements concerning subjects you know nothing about. So please, revel in your ignorance, but at least have the courtesy not to spread it around.

You have got to stop assuming that almost everyone besides you is an idiot. So please, revel in your 'intelligence', but at least have the courtesy not to shove it in our faces.

#24 immortalmess

immortalmess
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 05:44 PM

I will most certainly have to try this now... Haha

#25 Cloud9

Cloud9
  • 168 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 February 2012 - 05:48 PM

After I read this I tried it on my Habi and it does seem to give more if you double/triple click really really fast. Though a lot of times it also did just give the right amount.

I don't know if you want to purposely try exploiting this bug - but I doubt TNT will be able to track this one or get you frozen for this. Then again, sometimes TNT is really unpredictable. :p I remember just recently the GoNC event bugged like crazy and people who spent a really tiny amount of NC and were only supposed to get 50NC ended up getting like 3000+ and TNT let me them keep it. D:

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users