Quantcast

Photo

What made people decide to start cheating?

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#1 magicc

magicc
  • 44 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 06:32 AM

I'm a legit player with the same account I've had for my entire neo career but I getting a bit tired of it because I never seem to get very far in terms of reaching goals etc.

What made people start cheating? I'm considering myself but don't wan to compromise my legit account if I change...

Is it really worth it?

#2 Irradium

Irradium
  • Pyro (699) Maniac

• 892 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 February 2012 - 06:53 AM

Got bored with being legit - typed in autobuyer into Google - now I'm here. I don't regret it at all.

#3 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 February 2012 - 06:54 AM

Besides my obvious reason (sex)

You have to be willing to accept that your Neo account is not a permanent fixture. It could be taken away from you at any time. The way I see it, even if I am legit I still face the risk of being frozen. I would be RSing legit if I did not AB, and legit RS'ers get frozen all the time.

Pets and items can be replaced. The 8+ hours a day I used to spend on Neo cannot. That's why I started cheating.

#4 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • šŸ“Aioli-AmericanšŸ“

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 February 2012 - 06:56 AM

Besides my obvious reason (sex)

Yeah, I started cheating on Neopets to get laid too.

#5 Irradium

Irradium
  • Pyro (699) Maniac

• 892 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 February 2012 - 06:58 AM

Yeah, I started cheating on Neopets to get laid too.

And it's worked many a time. ;)

#6 Hydrange

Hydrange
  • 504 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 07:03 AM

I guess it is a different experience. It has good things and bad things. The good things obviously, you get stuff easier, the bad things is that there's always the possibility that they catch you and freeze you. I am very clumsy with proxies n' stuff, so I don't use cheat programs because I have achieved almosteverything I have by playing legit, and I don't wanna risk my stuff, if I was new at the game, I'd download the program manager without any doubt.
If you wanna know, I bought some NC items and a neopet here, because they were hard to get and I wanted them. And those are my sins, and my reasons. :p

#7 Jun

Jun
  • 907 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 07:27 AM

Wasting a lot of hours and seeing others getting even more without doing anything made me start cheating. Cheating saves my time.

#8 Hush

Hush
  • 340 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 07:35 AM

I am just not going to spend hours and hours each day behind the computer to earn neopoints.

#9 Spirited

Spirited
  • 677 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 February 2012 - 07:37 AM

I decided to start cheating because being legit is too poor.

It's fun in the sense that I'm now richer and I can buy more things. xD (as compared to the past me who had scrimped and saved just to upgrade my bank)

#10 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 February 2012 - 07:49 AM

I actually started cheating because legit blumaroos wouldn't have sex with me, but black market ones would

I actually re-started playing on a whim after reading MLIA, and at that point I hadn't played in like 6 years. So I googled cheating and stuff since I didn't care if I got frozen and stuff. I then basically played on and off, mostly playing because of neocodex. Any time I played legit it got so boring that I would quit. I basically wasn't even playing neopets anymore, i was playing Abrosia.

#11 holaCarlos

holaCarlos
  • 290 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 07:54 AM

My story is very similar to Boggart's. I forgot all about Neopets, went back, discovered cheating programs shortly afterwards because playing legit is really only stimulating for an 8 year old.

Edited by holaCarlos, 13 February 2012 - 07:54 AM.

#12 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 February 2012 - 08:40 AM

Well, the sound of a program doing something very tedious, time consuming and boring for you and you profit off it is veeerrrry tempting~ ;)

#13 Lasciel

Lasciel
  • 140 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 10:05 AM

I've been playing since neo came out 11 donkey years ago. Never really left it though there were periods I didn't log in due to the crap real life dishes out. But I stink at the games and have no hope whatsoever of legit RSing, and I didn't get anywhere at all. Got seriously frustrating recently, just couldn't take another day of it after a whole decade of failure. Lol

#14 Pyro699

Pyro699
  • 1543 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 February 2012 - 10:19 AM

The only reason i started to cheat was because i wanted to learn how to program better :p Before all this i was a legit re-stocker and i hated all of you xP Now im kinda at the top of all this cheating stuff >>' xD Funny how life works :p

#15 dannyo669

dannyo669
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 10:19 AM

I guess it's because the game is getting older people will always cheat

#16 Rainie

Rainie
  • 854 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 11:59 AM

Well my friend (Tiffany ā™„) told me about this site and it just saves a lot of time x) ~

Edited by Rainie, 13 February 2012 - 12:00 PM.

#17 magicc

magicc
  • 44 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 12:14 PM

Hmm it true, I only started playing again recently because i got an email from them. I found codex while trying to search for a good item pricer and its given me a weird insight into what i always saw as the upper echelons of neo society, like all the people who lend out adam etc etc and I am having more fun seeing it from this side just hearing people talk about it...

I might keep my old account as a legit and try cheating on a diff account (obv through proxy) it could make everything more interesting seen as it seems everyone on neo cheats these days anyway haha

#18 havocide3

havocide3
  • 214 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 12:21 PM

I've made more money AB'ing in the past month than I have in the past 5 years (mainly because I wasn't playing ;))

#19 Guest_idonotexist_*

Guest_idonotexist_*

Posted 13 February 2012 - 01:17 PM

Because after you spend 8 years devoted to Neopets, playing legit, spending thousands (yes thousands) of dollars on their merchandise, building a name for yourself (on the HC haha), earning 100m+ in your gallery and tens of millions in pure to have it ripped away from you because some girl cusses at you using the dung smiley, you in turn call her and idiot and get frozen for "harassment" while she doesn't even get a warning.

Yea, you'd probably say eff you to Neopets and cheat too :p

#20 Cloud9

Cloud9
  • 168 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 February 2012 - 01:25 PM

I'm mainly using Abrosia right now to AB the stuff I want. :3 Not so much making neopoints since I still have like 50 mill sitting on two accounts that I just like to look at. :p Although I'm sure everyone here has a tonnn more! :p

But for the most part I'm using it to buy a lot of customization stuff and gourmet food. :3 I reckon one day I might get sick of it and just end up giving the collections away, but so far it's been somewhat enjoyable. ^^;

#21 Risey

Risey
  • 90 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 01:42 PM

I started cheating because I got tired of doing the same boring things for hours upon hours every day just to earn NP very slowly. It's more fun this way. :p

#22 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 February 2012 - 02:14 PM

The entire reason I started cheating again was to A. make enough neopoints to get the BD equipment I want and B. because I needed to supplement my income.

#23 anbeezy

anbeezy
  • 166 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 03:48 PM

Let's face it, neopets isn't fun unless you cheat! It's a thrill and it brings in big amounts of np!

#24 Harlow

Harlow
  • 183 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 February 2012 - 04:23 PM

Being frozen for buying/selling neopets/items/pets when I never even did it. Decided fuck it, and now I've rebuilt and then some.

#25 Kass

Kass
  • 581 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 February 2012 - 04:35 PM

I always mod/cheat/glitch on a game when I start to get bored of it. It brings a whole new life to the game I already love. That and it takes too long to get anything good when your legit :p

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users