Photo

Just started AB, which shops?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 jookeman

jookeman
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 12:17 PM

Just wondering if I should custom set which shops I visit for greater profit. I know tiki tack isn't worth it but nothing much beyond that. Some help would be appreciated thanks :)

#2 Rainie

Rainie
  • 854 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 12:26 PM

You may want to check out Scot's Guide To Autobuying (specifically the "How to choose shops" section) if you haven't yet
It explains which shop(s) to choose depending on what you'd prefer and includes a chart that represents the profit and restock rates of many shops ^__^

#3 endoftheworld

endoftheworld
  • 29 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 12:32 PM

it doesn't matter which shop you go because no one clears the more profitable shops, so they never restock.

and when they do, they stock like 3 items and there are 10-20 ABers trying to get them.

#4 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 February 2012 - 12:38 PM

it doesn't matter which shop you go because no one clears the more profitable shops, so they never restock.

and when they do, they stock like 3 items and there are 10-20 ABers trying to get them.

Your answer not only contradicts itself, but is also wrong on both counts.

#5 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 February 2012 - 12:39 PM

That is not actually accurate but the good ABing shops often do need to be cleared manually or with buy lists to clear the items in stock down some.

Personally I keep the main profit shops cleared using shell accounts I have loaded with Neopoints, they buy until they run dry.

Spending 4mil a week to keep shops clear enough to restock some decent items that I make 20mil+ from a week seems like a good trade off to me.

Edited by Yung, 16 February 2012 - 12:40 PM.

#6 jookeman

jookeman
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 01:09 PM

hmm... thanks guys! so is 58 the best option?

#7 Badger

Badger
  • 340 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 01:11 PM

hmm... thanks guys! so is 58 the best option?

There is no better option. Some shops are more crowded, more high risk, stock more HTS, etc.
It's a personal preference.

#8 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 February 2012 - 01:20 PM

Personally I prefer Stamps, but I am a well known Stamp Dealer and it is easy for me to sell them. Furthermore, I have to maintain both very consistent buy times and very strict time frames. It is a delicate balance that requires a lot of work on my part.

You may find it preferable to restock Booktastic Books or Spooky Foods. As Trixic said it is a personal preference. You just need to find what works for you as there is no right nor wrong shop... there are shops that rarely restock because they only restock mainly junk so just avoid those.

#9 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 February 2012 - 04:09 PM

It just depends on what kind of items you plan to restock. I've made great profits on stamps and clothing. But everything I've AB'd has sold fairly quickly and I've always gotten a good profit. It just depends on what time of day you play, and your personal preferences. People misconceive shops like the magic shop as the "best", but you don't need to buy a MP or TP to make big bucks -shrug-. Just test the waters, and find the shop you like the best. It's really all up to you.

#10 ahding

ahding
  • 40 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 05:11 AM

no popular shops i guess

#11 Spirited

Spirited
  • 677 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 February 2012 - 07:20 AM

no popular shops i guess

If you're advanced, you should be able to see which shop has how many restockers/abers there.
They are colour coded.
Stamps and magic are pretty popular most of the times.(popular not = safe)

Edited by Fireworks, 17 February 2012 - 07:20 AM.

#12 ahding

ahding
  • 40 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 05:52 AM

Just wondering if I should custom set which shops I visit for greater profit. I know tiki tack isn't worth it but nothing much beyond that. Some help would be appreciated thanks :)

i think any shop will do as long as you can make a min of 10k profit out of it patience is the key!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users