Photo

Workout Regimen?

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 zrisso

zrisso
  • 75 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 01:30 PM

Does anyone else workout religiously? If so, what is your basic regimen?

I run two to three miles per day on the elliptical, depending on the resistance level, and I also run five to six miles twice per week. Then, I also do body-weight workouts like push-ups, crunches, planks, etc. I have a 210 lb. barbell, as well as a 40 lb dumbbell set, which I am really trying to get into the habit of using on a regular basis, but the size of our apartment is too small to keep my barbell set in a place I can easily access it without it being in the way.

At the moment, I am really trying to balance getting my heart rate into a good range. I'm "supposed' to keep my heart rate below 158bpm, but it doesn't even feel like a workout without reach 175bpm. At the same time, I'm training to run a marathon distance by the end of summer, ~27 miles.

#2 Kauvara

Kauvara
  • 302 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 01:38 PM

Meeeee.

I don't live near any gyms, and I don't own any workout equipment though.

100 crunches, 100 squats, 25 pushups, and various other body-weight exercises daily, and after working out I try to eat something like tuna or eggs or just something with a lot of protein. Sometimes I make the shakes but they're so gross. ;P

#3 zrisso

zrisso
  • 75 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 01:40 PM

We have one gym near where we live, but it's super expensive, so I workout at home.

I actually just splurged and bought a Blendtec blender to make shakes and smoothies. I have made protein shakes for awhile now, but I had no idea how much I was missing out by not having a blender before.

Edited by zrisso, 02 April 2012 - 01:40 PM.

#4 Kauvara

Kauvara
  • 302 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 01:43 PM

We have one gym near where we live, but it's super expensive, so I workout at home.

I actually just splurged and bought a Blendtec blender to make shakes and smoothies. I have made protein shakes for awhile now, but I had no idea how much I was missing out by not having a blender before.

Yea! I had a blender at my parents house and I would always use it to mix like fruit and stuff into my protein shakes. They're definitely a lot more enjoyable with some bananas and strawberries. :p

Otherwise I have to hold my nose, lol.

#5 zrisso

zrisso
  • 75 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 01:47 PM

Yeah... I tried a whole bunch of different combinations of protein powder and liquids. The best was probably chocolate whey powder and skim milk, but even that was gag-worthy when I could only stir it together in a tumbler.

My favorite at the moment is skim milk, chocolate protein powder, a smidgen of peanut butter, and fresh baby spinach leaves or fresh kale. You can't taste the spinach at all, and can only taste the kale a tiny bit--not enough to mind it.

#6 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 April 2012 - 01:51 PM

5x week weightlifting.
2x week running.
2x week swimming.

Supplement pick up sports in here as well.

#7 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 April 2012 - 01:55 PM

Meeeee

I run four days a week, between 2 to 6 miles a day at the moment, but I'm training for a half marathon in October so I'll be working that up over time

I've been lazy with cross training lately, I haven't done much else other than play soccer in the yard with the kids and stuff. I really need to work on my non-running days but when I spend like 8 hours a week running it's hard to really justify dedicating more time to working out

#8 zrisso

zrisso
  • 75 posts

What kind of weight lifting do you do, Random?

Nymh: I tend to have a problem limiting myself when I run... it can definitely be a problem when I realize I've run more than 70 miles in one week, which I did last week. My knees are killing me, and not for any fun reasons XD

Edited by zrisso, 02 April 2012 - 01:56 PM.

#9 Chopped

Chopped
  • 139 posts

I use ON hydro whey protein, micronized creatine, and a multivitamin. Being military we do alot of body weight excercises, but doesnt really feel like anything is gained, so I prefer the weight room.

#10 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 April 2012 - 02:03 PM

Nymh: I tend to have a problem limiting myself when I run... it can definitely be a problem when I realize I've run more than 70 miles in one week, which I did last week. My knees are killing me, and not for any fun reasons XD

I don't really have that problem because I have two kids! I am kind of limited to the two hours they spend napping each day so I can only really run so much. I'm afraid when I have to start running longer distances I might end up having to get up at like 4 or 5 AM to run before they wake up :lookaround:

As for the protein I really like Body Fortress Super Advanced Chocolate or whatever, the big tub thing that you can get anywhere. It's quite tasty in milk and I have drank it in water many a time. I have had some nasty protein before, but even my kids like this stuff in milk so you know it's good :thumbsup: When I don't do that I just drink a big glass of chocolate soymilk.

#11 zrisso

zrisso
  • 75 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 02:06 PM

I think I have some GNC chocolate whey powder and AnyWhey unflavored at the moment. I need to pick up some more of the unflavored whey powder to mix in with my green smoothies though.

Chopped: I have been looking for a better multivitamin, which do you take? I've just been taking Centrum, and then adding a B Complex and Vitamin D supplement alongside.

#12 Chopped

Chopped
  • 139 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 02:14 PM

Schedule wise I run at least 6 days a week in the am, and in the pm I lift weights and alternate days between abs and running.

All my supplements are made by Optimum Nutrition. You can find them amazon, bodybuilding.com, and I am pretty sure your GNC would carry it. Muscle Pharm isnt bad either for there supplements, their protein is just really rich.

bodybuilding.com also has some great work out routines. If you dont have a gym around just replace the weights with resistance bands or something with weight.

#13 Chopped

Chopped
  • 139 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 02:32 PM

I'm an ectomorph, so I'm focused on building mass. I started at 135lbs, and I'm now 185 (with my peak being 195). I do P/RR/S (power/rep range/shock,each have their respective weeks) for three weeks and FDFS on the fourth week. I find it to work the best for my body type and goals (physique).

If anybody's like me and interested in what that is, lemme know.. I don't wanna write it out if nobody's gonna use it.

Edit: I'm also currently on a GOMAD diet as well (gallon of milk a day).

Could you possibly PM like a day or week of your plan. I am always down to try new shit.

#14 blue

blue
  • doge

• 2048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 April 2012 - 02:54 PM

Currently trying to gain weight so my regimen is

Heavy weightlifting 5x a week
Cardio is walking around at work (clerk) 4-6 days a week ranging from 5-8 hour days.
???
Profit

I was 145 lbs at the start of November and I'm currently 167 lbs, heaviest I've ever weighed. Feelsgoodman.jpg

#15 Chopped

Chopped
  • 139 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 03:47 PM

Damn bro i might have to google this some more once I got done with this 12 week cycle I am now. Sounds intense

#16 The Awesome Max

The Awesome Max
  • 61 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 04:38 PM

Looks like one of Scoobies workouts

80 miles a week is mostly my religious routine.

#17 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 April 2012 - 05:40 PM

What kind of weight lifting do you do, Random?

I do a 5 day full body split. Can give you more info if you want...starting a new 12 week program soon.

I use ON hydro whey protein, micronized creatine, and a multivitamin. Being military we do alot of body weight excercises, but doesnt really feel like anything is gained, so I prefer the weight room.

My supps:

Morning: Centrum Men's + 2x Fish Oil
Pre-workout: Up Your Mass
Post-workout: MusclePharm Combat Protein + MusclePharm Creatine
Before Bed: ON Casein

I'm an ectomorph, so I'm focused on building mass. I started at 135lbs, and I'm now 185 (with my peak being 195). I do P/RR/S (power/rep range/shock,each have their respective weeks) for three weeks and FDFS on the fourth week. I find it to work the best for my body type and goals (physique). By the end of the month, I re cycle the exercises into new sets/rep variations.

If anybody's like me and interested in what that is, lemme know.. I don't wanna write it out if nobody's gonna use it.

Edit: I'm also currently on a GOMAD diet as well (gallon of milk a day).

Sounds gross to drink a whole gallon. Is it working?

Trackie?

#18 Leaf

Leaf
  • 372 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 06:50 PM

Run 30 minutes every day... Or roughly... It what it takes to run around the neighborhood.

600 Push ups every other day (I switch them up... Normal, wides, incline, diamond... so on)

500 sit ups or ab work outs every day in between the days that i don't do push ups.

I don't like going to the gym or using machines... I don't know why.

Very simple but effective.

I think diet has a lot to do with how healthy you want to get though.

#19 blue

blue
  • doge

• 2048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 April 2012 - 06:57 PM

Sounds gross to drink a whole gallon. Is it working?

This, god damn....

The only time I can stand milk is with cereal or with a protein shake lol!

#20 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 April 2012 - 06:57 PM

I'm exhausted just reading this thread. *eats pizza*

#21 Applepi

Applepi
  • 1641 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 April 2012 - 07:04 PM

Sometimes when I'm in the mood, I stand outside the windows of the gym eating ice cream. Then I get a pretty good workout running away from all the gym rats who are chasing me b/c they're pissed off the I am breaking their motivation to keep a healthy lifestyle :p

#22 IcedEarth

IcedEarth
  • 724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 April 2012 - 01:42 AM

lol I remember scooby, I used to watch his videos all the time trying to pick up tips and stuff.

I work out religiously, 5 days a week. I used to take all these supplements like ZMA and some other shit animal stakk but that was when I started out, now I keep it simple by making my own weight gainer with whey protein and ground oats that I get from myprotein.co.uk, I also take casein at night before bed that I also get from the same site.

I've got my weight bench and stuff in my apartment so I never really go gym, occasionally I'd go to my uni gym.

Edited by IcedEarth, 03 April 2012 - 01:43 AM.

#23 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 April 2012 - 04:54 AM

This, god damn....

The only time I can stand milk is with cereal or with a protein shake lol!

Agreed, it sounds gross - I mean, I love milk and all but that's more calories just in milk than I consume in food every day
But since he's an ectomorph and focused on adding bulk, I guess that's the point?

#24 zrisso

zrisso
  • 75 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 08:49 AM

I loooove milk. I've actually started picking up a taste of organic milk, not for any altruistic reason--I find it tastes tons better. Plus, organic heavy cream makes awesome homemade butter.

#25 Averssion

Averssion
  • 20 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 09:43 AM

Hehe, my workout regimen isn't as organised as I would like at the moment~

I normally do about 6-8 hours kickboxing a week, 1-2 hours running every other day, 1 hour of yoga on the days I don't run and about 3-ish hours swimming every week in terms of exercise xD

But it's coming up to bikini season T_T so I've been trying to fit more exercise in, but my schedule's pretty packed as is ><

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users