Posted 15 April 2012 - 08:32 PM

http://en.wikipedia....249#Controversy

oh and http://neoland.ninomiya.org/screwyouneo.html

#2 Melchoire

Melchoire
  • 5284 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 April 2012 - 08:36 PM

So who's Ad0? Hacked neopets in 2003 - that was a year before I arrived here...sounds made up =P

#3 sLAUGHTER

sLAUGHTER
  • Dinnerbone'd

• 490 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 April 2012 - 08:41 PM

One of the first cheats to be used to any great extent was programs that submit fake scores for Flash-based games on the site. After almost a month of uninhibited use, Neopets finally took action in December 2000 and froze the accounts of at least 200 members known to have been using the cheat. Cheating in Flash games has become harder since then.

Posted Image

I don't think I could have made it easier.

(Although, I must point out, I was not the first to make a score sender, as some think.) :|

Edited by sLAUGHTER, 15 April 2012 - 08:42 PM.

#4 artificial

artificial
  • 186 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 April 2012 - 09:00 PM

I don't think I could have made it easier.

(Although, I must point out, I was not the first to make a score sender, as some think.) :|

Raui was the first person to publicly release one. ;) No doubt you just had a look through his source code.

Having said that though, you may not have, because their attempts at obfuscating and encrypting their outgoing packets was pretty weak.

Edited by workofartificial, 15 April 2012 - 09:01 PM.

#5 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:41 AM

So who's Ad0? Hacked neopets in 2003 - that was a year before I arrived here...sounds made up =P

From what I recall from the period it did happen.

#6 zrisso

zrisso
  • 75 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 07:06 AM

I vaguely remember hearing about the Ad0 fiasco in 2003, but I didn't know any of the specifics other than the party line "ZOMG! Ad0 hacked me! TNT needs to give me ultra-rare-super-items naoplz!" xD

#7 sLAUGHTER

sLAUGHTER
  • Dinnerbone'd

• 490 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:00 AM

Raui was the first person to publicly release one. ;) No doubt you just had a look through his source code.

Having said that though, you may not have, because their attempts at obfuscating and encrypting their outgoing packets was pretty weak.

Correct. I looked at his...-shudder- Perl code.

It didn't help much, but I got it working eventually. :|

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users