Quantcast

Photo

Premium members will now be able to own a fifth pet.

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 megedyz

megedyz
  • 18 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 06:51 AM

Here's a link to Jellyneo's coverage on it, since I couldn't find anything on Neo. I really hope they draw the limit on five, because this just seems like a cruddy way to make up for the loss of the webmail services. It's still not enough to get me to pay 70$ a year on an account that I'm not sure won't be frozen the next day, though. :/

Thoughts?

#2 zrisso

zrisso
  • 75 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 06:53 AM

Though, if you are a premium member, or have paid any real money to the site, TNT seems to get off their collective ass and unfreeze your account at a significantly higher rate than anyone else.

#3 trizzle

trizzle
  • Deceptive Minx

• 973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 April 2012 - 06:55 AM

I wonder what happens to this pet once you cancel Premium though? Perhaps it stays in some sort of weird pet limbo Posted Image

#4 Claws

Claws
  • 217 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 06:58 AM

I wonder what happens to this pet once you cancel Premium though? Perhaps it stays in some sort of weird pet limbo Posted Image

Maybe it'll take you to the pound and force you to transfer the pet to another account or else you're stuck on the page.

Either way, I like the 5 pet spots.

Edit: I hope you don't have to install the notification bar. <_<

Edited by Claws, 21 April 2012 - 07:01 AM.

#5 Guest_idonotexist_*

Guest_idonotexist_*

Posted 21 April 2012 - 07:59 AM

I'm only interested in a 5th pet if it applies to all of our accounts. Just a single extra pet is of no interest to me.

If the notification bar is going to be a browser toolbar, I'll be pissed. I hate toolbars and refuse to use them as I have no need for them. I hope it's an in-site thing.

I'm really going to miss the Portal, it was nice being able to see your trades, auctions, np, bank and shop till all on one page. :(

#6 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 April 2012 - 08:04 AM

Though, if you are a premium member, or have paid any real money to the site, TNT seems to get off their collective ass and unfreeze your account at a significantly higher rate than anyone else.

Eh, I wouldn't really say that without numbers. I know that that's a theory, but I'd never rely on that for anything.

#7 Lasciel

Lasciel
  • 140 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 08:10 AM

Yet another way to entice people into spending more money on neo :( as if NC isn't bad enough.

I don't agree that they unfreeze people more easily if you've spent real money, though. I spent quite a bit on a 4 year old legit account and they refuse to unfreeze it after it was frozen for "cheating on flash games". They do use records of NC purchases as an added way of verifying if an account belongs to you, in some cases, like when you can't provide enough info about it, they may ask you when you last bought NC.

#8 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 April 2012 - 08:13 AM

They do use records of NC purchases as an added way of verifying if an account belongs to you, in some cases, like when you can't provide enough info about it, they may ask you when you last bought NC.

That's a good piece of information to know. I wouldn't have even thought of using NC as proof the account belongs to me.

#9 James

James
  • ♔ King James ♔

• 1539 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 09:22 AM

This does make Premium a better feature of the site and is well needed to actually make the service a "Premium". I wonder what the SSW upgrades will be.

#10 Sammiantha

Sammiantha
  • 498 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 10:00 AM

I'm reserving judgement on this until it's released and we can see whether it really is an improved service or not. I had premium previously (which BTW has never helped me ever get an account unfrozen) and I only really liked the SSW and the handy links using the premium theme.

#11 Turkeyducks

Turkeyducks
  • 89 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 10:55 AM

I've had premium before and it always helped me get unfrozen loads faster. It probably helped that I befriended the staff though.

I hope you get to keep the fifth pet. Or even if you have to have premium for a certain amount of time, like three months, then you get to keep the pet. I doubt that's how it'll be though. I'm sure a billion of people would sign up for the free two weeks just to get a fifth pet, then cancel. That would mean no money for TNT and they don't like that.

#12 Tailwind

Tailwind
  • Win points = 2,235,563

• 2576 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 April 2012 - 06:45 AM

A good majority of people have already used the Premium trial period though, and you can't get it twice on the same account.

#13 Chopped

Chopped
  • 139 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 07:10 AM

I wouldn't get it just for the fifth pet. I usually only keep 2 or 3 on an account at the same time. Don't think I have ever owned 4 pets.

#14 Tailwind

Tailwind
  • Win points = 2,235,563

• 2576 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 April 2012 - 07:30 AM

I will add though that I am extremely tempted. Especially since I'm having trouble deciding what four of my pets I want on my main. Thing is, they're more for show and a bit of a status symbol than anything else, and an extra slot certainly isn't exactly worth $70 a year.

Depends on what the other perks are like. If SSW is like I suspect it'll be and it allows searching of rarer items, or more searches before he's "tired", it might even out for me.

#15 Pavement

Pavement
  • 429 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 09:51 AM

They really should have introduced the 5th pet thing when more people still gave a shit.

#16 Ashlynn

Ashlynn
  • 30 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 09:55 AM

I had premium once but I only ever utilized the SSW, I don't think the 5th pet thing will be enough to draw me back, I'd have to see what the other changes are

#17 megedyz

megedyz
  • 18 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 10:10 AM

It seems almost like they're willing to give in to the fifth pet demand because no one sees the point in premium, either. The only people who are going to pay 70$ for a fifth pet are those middle aged women who spend all their time playing Habitarium anyways. :I

#18 Graz

Graz
  • 231 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 10:17 AM

The amount I use the SSW, the fifth pet is just the icing.

#19 mentalfox

mentalfox
  • 112 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 10:21 AM

It seems almost like they're willing to give in to the fifth pet demand because no one sees the point in premium, either. The only people who are going to pay 70$ for a fifth pet are those middle aged women who spend all their time playing Habitarium anyways. :I

If they play habi then why do they even need 5th pet?

#20 Hydrange

Hydrange
  • 504 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 10:54 AM

A free spot would be useful. But I can't afford it, I am saving for a nikon d3200 which is quite an investment :p

#21 L33T

L33T
  • 862 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 April 2012 - 03:16 PM

So when is TNT gonna implement this shit

God damn they're like a drug addict group of college kids who get all F in school and procrastinate projects.

#22 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 April 2012 - 05:54 PM

So when is TNT gonna implement this shit

God damn they're like a drug addict group of college kids who get all F in school and procrastinate projects.

The Switch

In mid-May, the Premium service itself will switch over to a new system run entirely by the Neopets Team. This means that all of Billing and Premium Support will be through us, and that we'll be able to offer some new features based on all the input and feedback we received from you over the past few months. However, this also means a few of the services you may have now will be going away. As a reminder - or in case you haven't heard - keep reading below to find out what's new and what's changing!

reding iz rly hard

#23 L33T

L33T
  • 862 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 April 2012 - 05:13 AM

Cba to read stuff like that :p

Don't really care that much anyway <_<

#24 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 25 April 2012 - 05:18 AM

I don't see why anyone should care where people put their own money lmao.
Half the people here spend real money on pixels too.
Big deal.

I think it's a cool idea, I know it will be useful to me. I hate having my permanent pets on sides.

#25 yeah

yeah
  • 260 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 09:16 AM

That's pretty cool, but for the price of Premium... you should really be able to have 8 pets/account or something. On Subeta, you can get another pet space for a few dollars, and you're also able to buy tokens for that with regular points. .--.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users