Quantcast

Photo

Teeth Whitening

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

Poll: Teeth Whitening (41 member(s) have cast votes)

Have you ever whitened your teeth

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 April 2012 - 11:02 AM

So because I don't have an hour to waste while my code compiles, I'm going to make this short.

I want whiter teeth. I don't want to pay $3000 for a dentist

Anyone have experience with a product? Or maybe to never use it because of your cat's vet's friend's lesbian mother's used them then her hair fell out. Which product would you recommend? Money really ain't an issue (assuming it's less than a hundred, which most should be)

Yeah, help and shit.

Have a fuckin' poll

#2 artificial

artificial
  • 186 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 April 2012 - 11:03 AM

My parents used to buy whitening toothpaste a few years back. I used it for ages more for the fact there was hardly anything else available.

Didn't do anything.

#3 Norava

Norava
  • Pro Can Cran

• 547 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 April 2012 - 11:07 AM

I use the two hour strips, and they work fairly well. It's no miracle, but my teeth are significantly whiter. The con to using the strips is that they only whiten the front teeth, and not all of your teeth.

#4 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 April 2012 - 11:08 AM

I use the two hour strips, and they work fairly well. It's no miracle, but my teeth are significantly whiter. The con to using the strips is that they only whiten the front teeth, and not all of your teeth.

Which brand did you use?

And meh, no one sees my back teeth anyway

my teeth are pretty white already. I just... want whiter

#5 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 April 2012 - 11:09 AM

Damn Asians just can't settle for adequacy... <_<

#6 Freshx

Freshx
  • 117 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 April 2012 - 11:10 AM

I bought those mouth guards for sports or whatever and the 5 minute whiting gel and use that..
You have to get the mouth guard to fit your teeth and you just put the whiting stuff in it and tah dah
:)

#7 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 April 2012 - 11:11 AM

Damn Asians just can't settle for adequacy... <_<

adequacy is not perfection is why
we have to compensate due to our small stature, penis and eyes

#8 James

James
  • ♔ King James ♔

• 1539 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 11:11 AM

Because I had to do something while my code compiled, I went ahead and read this.

I think I'm in the same boat as you but I'm not that worried about it. I mean my teeth are already white, haha.

Brb, my code is done compiling.

#9 grapes

grapes
  • Waser Lave Fan

• 403 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 April 2012 - 11:12 AM

Super white teeth don't look too nice; they're unnatural. :/

btw, chew sugar-free gum. ;)

#10 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 April 2012 - 11:12 AM

Hydrogen Peroxide. Seriously.

Swish some while you're in the shower, spit it out when you're done. Repeat for 7-10 days worth of showers, once a year or so. Cheap, effective.

#11 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 April 2012 - 11:21 AM

Swish some while you're in the shower, spit it out when you're done. Repeat for 7-10 days worth of showers, once a year or so. Cheap, effective.

Where do I get hydrogen Peroxide? o.o

#12 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 April 2012 - 11:22 AM

Where are all of those damn spam bots telling you where you can get cheap hydrogen Peroxide when you need them?

#13 Norava

Norava
  • Pro Can Cran

• 547 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 April 2012 - 11:23 AM

Walmart?

Edit :

Which brand did you use?

And meh, no one sees my back teeth anyway

my teeth are pretty white already. I just... want whiter

3D Crest White 2 Hour Express.

Edited by SirBaggy, 21 April 2012 - 11:25 AM.

#14 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Any grocery store or pharmacy. It's the stuff in the brown bottle that you clean wounds with. If you pay more than like $1 for a bottle you're probably paying too much.

Posted Image

#15 Salamanda

Salamanda
  • 1000 posts

Users Awards

I whiten my teeth about twice a week because I drink so much coffee.

Right now I'm trying those Brite Teeth Pro pens and they seem to be doing ok.
I'm not using them to go whiter though, just to keep my current shade.
I bought mine off Ebay for i think, 2.99 for 2 boxes of 2?
Don't go through the company, major ripoff otherwise.

My favorite is the Plus White 5 Minute something or other, I got it at Walmart for dirt cheap and it was the first I ever used, but it definitely worked a few shades.
It came with a ton of gel and it covers more teeth than the strips.
On that note, I've also used the Crest 3D strips, which worked pretty alright but I'd much rather use the quick tray.
I've never used Rembrandt, but honestly, i'm pretty sure all these have the same damn ingredients.

I'm no expert but I dont think you can go more than a few shades lighter without actually going to a dentist and having some crazy chemical light shit done either.
Although I know on Ebay you can buy the lights...

Cautionary tale, I go to the dentist every month because I now have to have Fluoride treatments and I use a prescription toothpaste :(
I do not know if my OCD whitening had anything to do with it haha

#16 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 April 2012 - 11:27 AM

Any grocery store or pharmacy. It's the stuff in the brown bottle that you clean wounds with. If you pay more than like $1 for a bottle you're probably paying too much.

Posted Image

Oh neat. Well thanks! :D <3 <3 <3

I whiten my teeth about twice a week because I drink so much coffee.

Right now I'm trying those Brite Teeth Pro pens and they seem to be doing ok.
I'm not using them to go whiter though, just to keep my current shade.
I bought mine off Ebay for i think, 2.99 for 2 boxes of 2?
Don't go through the company, major ripoff otherwise.

My favorite is the Plus White 5 Minute something or other, I got it at Walmart for dirt cheap and it was the first I ever used, but it definitely worked a few shades.
It came with a ton of gel and it covers more teeth than the strips.
On that note, I've also used the Crest 3D strips, which worked pretty alright but I'd much rather use the quick tray.
I've never used Rembrandt, but honestly, i'm pretty sure all these have the same damn ingredients.

I'm no expert but I dont think you can go more than a few shades lighter without actually going to a dentist and having some crazy chemical light shit done either.
Although I know on Ebay you can buy the lights...

Cautionary tale, I go to the dentist every month because I now have to have Fluoride treatments and I use a prescription toothpaste :(
I do not know if my OCD whitening had anything to do with it haha

I also drink way too much coffee. they used to be quite white where people would actually approach me and say "do you whiten? your teeth are so white!"

Now it's all caffeinated >:(

Also HI! Where have you been? >:(

#17 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 April 2012 - 11:27 AM

Shuddering. I hate the way it feels on my tongue. It does work though. I use whitening tooth paste.
I also use these little thingys that they used to sell at Sephora, but I just went to check and they discontinued them. So.. nevermind.

Just don't do something about it and then screw it up by smoking or drinking lots of dark stuff or whatever. Cause then it's just a waste of time.

#18 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 April 2012 - 11:29 AM

Shuddering. I hate the way it feels on my tongue. It does work though. I use whitening tooth paste.
I also use these little thingys that they used to sell at Sephora, but I just went to check and they discontinued them. So.. nevermind.

Just don't do something about it and then screw it up by smoking or drinking lots of dark stuff or whatever. Cause then it's just a waste of time.

Luckily I don't smoke :D And I only need caffeine during school. Which I will be done in.. 2 days *rubs hands together*

#19 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 April 2012 - 11:32 AM

I agree, but it's only for a few days and then no more for months! Plus, it's the active ingredient in almost every commercially available whitening solution. So why pay gobs more when you can just use it straight, I say. It even says on the bottle that it is a "mouth rinse."

#20 Salamanda

Salamanda
  • 1000 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 April 2012 - 11:34 AM

Oh neat. Well thanks! :D <3 <3 <3

I also drink way too much coffee. they used to be quite white where people would actually approach me and say "do you whiten? your teeth are so white!"

Now it's all caffeinated >:(

Also HI! Where have you been? >:(

Bog, are you drunk? Whats with all the '>'s? haha
And I've been way busy :(
I don't even think I'm a TC mod anymore so I can't just pop-in. :(
Nor do I know the password anymore. I also heard you guys are all a bunch of elitist nazis who only like pretty people, more so than ever.

No way does bottled hydrogen peroxide work, thats so watered down. I'm going to try this every time I shower, I swear if this works, Imma be sooo pissed at first. goddammit

Edited by Salamanda, 21 April 2012 - 11:35 AM.

#21 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 April 2012 - 11:35 AM

I agree, but it's only for a few days and then no more for months! Plus, it's the active ingredient in almost every commercially available whitening solution. So why pay gobs more when you can just use it straight, I say. It even says on the bottle that it is a "mouth rinse."

I wonder if you could put mint extract in it or schnapps or something for that minty fresh taste.

#22 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 April 2012 - 11:37 AM

No way does bottled hydrogen peroxide work, thats so watered down. I'm going to try this every time I shower, I swear if this works, Imma be sooo pissed at first. goddammit

It really does work. I learned it from a friend after I inquired how she kept her teeth so white when she drank pots of coffee every day. She does it for like 10 days every 2 or 3 months.

#23 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 April 2012 - 11:38 AM

You'd probably still have to make sure you get a concentration which is appropriate for tooth bleaching otherwise you'd risk damaging your gums.

#24 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 April 2012 - 11:39 AM

Bog, are you drunk? Whats with all the '>'s? haha
And I've been way busy :(
I don't even think I'm a TC mod anymore so I can't just pop-in. :(
Nor do I know the password anymore. I also heard you guys are all a bunch of elitist nazis who only like pretty people, more so than ever.

shit, they are supposed to be >: ( 's but i forgot they automatically turn : ( into :('s :p

I think you are a TC mod still. But yeah we're elitists (actually on weekends ANYONE can get in with the password neocodex. yay). Since we have no power on the forum, we like to pretend we have importance in TC.

hahaha you want it to fail? xD

It really does work. I learned it from a friend after I inquired how she kept her teeth so white when she drank pots of coffee every day. She does it for like 10 days every 2 or 3 months.

You'd probably still have to make sure you get a concentration which is appropriate for tooth bleaching otherwise you'd risk damaging your gums.

I was just going to ask that question. What concentration is advised?

#25 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 April 2012 - 11:42 AM

I was wondering about the enamel too.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users