WHY!?!??! *goes to download adblock*

#5 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 April 2012 - 05:24 PM

WHY!?!??! *goes to download adblock*

Why don't you already have that installed in the first place? It's the first browser extension I install :p (not anymore since Chrome does all that newfangled syncing and shiet).

#6 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 April 2012 - 05:25 PM

Why don't you already have that installed in the first place? It's the first browser extension I install :p (not anymore since Chrome does all that newfangled syncing and shiet).

Sometimes I enjoy the advertisements about how I can enlarge my penis and/or boobs

#7 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 April 2012 - 05:28 PM

Can you still actually see them? When hydro first added the code he didn't exempt any usergroups for a few minutes while we made sure it worked.

You shouldn't actually be able to see them now...

Indeed it has been fixed, thanks for the clarification bro.

Sometimes I enjoy the advertisements about how I can enlarge my penis and/or boobs

^this haha

#8 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 April 2012 - 05:28 PM

Some people seem to think the administrators of the websites they visit deserve the ad revenue. Or something.

Crazy mofos.

#9 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 April 2012 - 05:30 PM

Some people seem to think the administrators of the websites they visit deserve the ad revenue. Or something.

Crazy mofos.

Hodgepodge. I would be happier with ads on the internet in general if websites were more subtle about them. These days, the page is more ads than actual content, it seems. We're going to make sure that doesn't happen here. The current ads below the first post need to be integrated a bit better into the page so they don't stand out like a sore thumb. We'll work on that :p.

#10 artificial

artificial
  • 186 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 April 2012 - 05:31 PM

Can you add the option to opt out? Because I guarantee 100% I'm never going to click a single one of them.

#11 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 April 2012 - 05:35 PM

Can you add the option to opt out? Because I guarantee 100% I'm never going to click a single one of them.

Nobody does. It's to annoy you into subscribing.

#12 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 April 2012 - 05:37 PM

Crazy mofos.

Hodgepodge. I would be happier with ads on the internet in general if websites were more subtle about them. These days, the page is more ads than actual content, it seems. We're going to make sure that doesn't happen here. The current ads below the first post need to be integrated a bit better into the page so they don't stand out like a sore thumb. We'll work on that :p.

That's stupid. It's to help implement the site by giving the staff laptops and sexy parties.

#13 Drakonid

Drakonid
  • 805 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 April 2012 - 05:48 PM

That's stupid. It's to help implement the site by giving the staff laptops and sexy parties.

Don't forget the yacht

#14 James

James
  • ♔ King James ♔

• 1539 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 06:19 PM

Don't forget the yacht

That was done a long time ago. :p

http://www.neocodex....-a-safe-voyage/

#15 travis

travis
  • 5408 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 April 2012 - 06:42 PM

At first I was all like, WTF NOOOO

Then I was like, HA I'M ALL RETIRED AND SHIT.

#16 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 April 2012 - 07:22 PM

Wow..seriously...??

meh..why can't i see them?

#17 Royale

Royale
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 08:54 PM

As I have adblock, I cannot see the ads. Is it possible to generate revenue from these unseen ads?

#18 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 April 2012 - 09:37 PM

As I have adblock, I cannot see the ads. Is it possible to generate revenue from these unseen ads?

No, but don't worry about that. We're not asking that you remove adblock from your browser. Whoever sees the ads and is interested in them will click. If you use adblock or want to use adblock, then use it :p. I do :p.

#19 grapes

grapes
  • Waser Lave Fan

• 403 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 April 2012 - 03:41 AM

I'll disable adblock and make sure to click at least 3 ads a day for you guys. :)

*DONE* ;)

#20 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 April 2012 - 03:52 AM

I'll disable adblock and make sure to click at least 3 ads a day for you guys. :)

*DONE* ;)

That's more likely to have their advertising account closed than anything else.

Embedding adverts into threads is not something I would ever consider doing. It looks ridiculous.
I'd rather have banner adverts that take up screen real estate that isn't used, and no one ever looks at anyway. It makes no difference, since no one ever clicks adverts genuinely.

Still, since I can't see them, I don't care all that much. It just paints a bad image for anyone visiting the site for the first time, or on a more casual basis.

#21 L33T

L33T
  • 862 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 April 2012 - 05:16 AM

>_>

<_<

<_>

>.<

Advertisements.. we will not meet again :funone:

Edited by L33T, 22 April 2012 - 05:17 AM.

#22 trizzle

trizzle
  • Deceptive Minx

• 973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 April 2012 - 05:43 AM

I thought this was some crazy ass computer glitch at first :p But I'm glad you guys have got these if it means you can get more moniez and make make codex even more awesome Posted Image

It's very strange having them in the middle of a thread though, looks like the advertisers are spamming us with nonsensical replies to every thread (hey, just like new users! Kidding, kidding I'm still pretty new)

#23 cornymikey

cornymikey
  • 160 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 05:51 AM

just curious, but how much money do you actually receive from ads?

#24 grapes

grapes
  • Waser Lave Fan

• 403 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 April 2012 - 08:38 AM

That's more likely to have their advertising account closed than anything else.

Embedding adverts into threads is not something I would ever consider doing. It looks ridiculous.
I'd rather have banner adverts that take up screen real estate that isn't used, and no one ever looks at anyway. It makes no difference, since no one ever clicks adverts genuinely.

Still, since I can't see them, I don't care all that much. It just paints a bad image for anyone visiting the site for the first time, or on a more casual basis.

Why? :o ADs are meant to be clicked. Right?

#25 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 April 2012 - 08:41 AM

Why? :o ADs are meant to be clicked. Right?

They aren't allowed to be clicked for the purpose of intentionally generating income though.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users