Summer Plans

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#1 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 April 2012 - 01:04 PM

As I wait outside of my teacher's office waiting to get my program checked, I am eagerly awaiting the imminent wrapping up of the school year.

As such, I'm speculating about my summer plans :p

This summer I may be spending some time interning with a cyber security firm and learning about the ins and outs of enterprise security. I will likely also take on some marketing roles there as well and work on the release of their newest product. At the same time, I plan on building my current entrepreneurial ventures and scaling up. I have a bunch of new projects that I'm going to be working on that should be automating themselves by the end of the summer :)

Work aside, I plan on spending a lot of time triathlon training, relaxing with friends and family, and spending the weekends at the jersey shore.

Discuss your summer plans.

#2 trizzle

trizzle
  • Deceptive Minx

• 973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 April 2012 - 01:08 PM

Last year to celebrate the end of my GCSEs my mum and I took a trip to Kefalonia together. It was really gorgeous so this year we plan on returning to a less tourist-y site and hopefully renting a villa. Also this time my little brother and my dad will be coming with us too and potentially my best friend :D

I'm very excited although no doubt I'll also be worrying about my exam results. In June I have a week of work experience planned at a GP clinic which should be interesting, and hopefully illuminating ^-^

To be honest I'm just looking forward to having some time to crash and just bum around with friends, go to a few parties and generally get rid of all the stress that's been building up recently.

#3 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 April 2012 - 01:23 PM

I am going to Ohio (yay) for two weeks in July. And I will either go camping for two weeks with friends in August, or go to Hong Kong for a month with family.

And other than that, working and being with people. little time for the computer nowadays.

#4 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 April 2012 - 01:40 PM

I just cancelled my trip to America ^_^

#5 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 April 2012 - 01:41 PM

Wow. Triathalons, Greece, and Hong Kong, eh?

I'm not half as interesting. At the end of May, my family and I will make our annual trek to the Texas coast (I live in central Texas) and we will spend a week in Galveston. Meet up with family from Houston, hang out on the beach, buy another fish ornament for my wall at home, and generally just waste time. Then I will return home to my mundane life of selling drugs and playing Neopets.

Good. Unless you're going to New York city or the Grand Canyon, nothing to see here, carry on.

#6 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 April 2012 - 01:44 PM

Where were you going?

I'll be working -- summer is no different for me except that it gets a lot hotter.

Oh, I'll visit India for two weeks in the beginning of July. That will be fun :D.

#7 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 April 2012 - 01:48 PM

Wow. Triathalons, Greece, and Hong Kong, eh?

I'm not half as interesting. At the end of May, my family and I will make our annual trek to the Texas coast (I live in central Texas) and we will spend a week in Galveston. Meet up with family from Houston, hang out on the beach, buy another fish ornament for my wall at home, and generally just waste time. Then I will return home to my mundane life of selling drugs and playing Neopets.

Good. Unless you're going to New York city or the Grand Canyon, nothing to see here, carry on.

I better get a postcard again this year ^_^

And I replied to your PM, Hydro :p

#8 James

James
  • ♔ King James ♔

• 1539 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 01:49 PM

This summer I'm definitely planning on tanning every day. I might get a job or something else that gives me something to do with myself all day.

I will also probably go to friend's houses and other things. :p All in all, I think this summer is going to be very uneventful for me. :(

#9 IcedEarth

IcedEarth
  • 724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 April 2012 - 01:52 PM

Call me lame, but I'm going to try and pick up 3D composting and 3D modelling/animation because after summer I'll be in my third year of uni and I want to do an amazing final project. Some like an animation short or a visual fx piece.

#10 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 April 2012 - 01:54 PM

But of course, Mister J!

Call me lame...

Never!! You are awesome. Just be sure to share with us the badass things you create.

#11 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 April 2012 - 02:01 PM

Mmmm, I don't have anything planned that involves leaving the country (probably!), but I'm gonna be having a sleepover with a couple of friends hopefully in August! ^^ Eeeee I can't wait! ♥

Probably gonna keep on doing some work on Pokemon V and maybe that Yume Nikki game I've been meaning to work on for the past almost half a yea too~

#12 Blissey

Blissey
  • 581 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 02:05 PM

Hopefully, I plan on attending a shitton of concerts.

#13 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 April 2012 - 02:12 PM

An undetermined amount of basement dwelling in between the single convention this year.

#14 Epidote

Epidote
  • 294 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 02:13 PM

Moving to a new home of my own! So it will be spend packing, moving, unpacking, and painting probably. Still, I'm excited for it.

#15 Melchoire

Melchoire
  • 5284 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 April 2012 - 02:14 PM

Been trying to get a job so I can do another work term. But no luck =/ So I'll be taking a full course load...

#16 Galadriel

Galadriel
  • Creature of the Night

• 924 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 April 2012 - 02:15 PM

It's winter in my hemisphere bitches. Hells yeah. Be jealous.

Posted Image

Edited by cronus, 30 April 2012 - 02:16 PM.

#17 Salamanda

Salamanda
  • 1000 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 April 2012 - 02:16 PM

So far I have numerous shows, Knotts (gay?), Comicon, a lame touristy Vegas trip, and plenty of alcohol and lazy beach days planned.
Thats about it, womp womp.

Edited by Salamanda, 30 April 2012 - 02:38 PM.

#18 yeah

yeah
  • 260 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 02:17 PM

Hopefully going to the beach a lot. -crosses fingers for Wrightsville- Also Conneticut to see my baby brothers AMAP, they're just too cool.
edit - just look at this guy:
Posted Image
:x3:
Other than that... tan, get my tummy looking nice again (fucking winter), random shit with friends, shopping, Pokemon Emerald, practice animating, bike everywhere, movies, laze around, etc.
Sadly, no Cirque de Soleil, because I somehow found out just last week that it happened here 2 months ago. I misremembered the ad as saying it'd be here in the summer, which kind of makes me want to punch a wall until I realize Michael wasn't actually there.

Edited by hethurr, 30 April 2012 - 02:24 PM.

#19 Silky

Silky
  • 49 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 02:35 PM

I'm taking my girlfriend and kids to a couple of water parks around Texas since we didn't go anywhere last summer we have a whole lot in the vacation fund we can play around with.

#20 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 April 2012 - 03:29 PM

SIX FLAGS TOMORROW!

But it's still spring...

#21 onlyme

onlyme
  • I hate everyone.

• 4319 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 April 2012 - 03:35 PM

So far I have numerous shows, Knotts (gay?), Comicon, a lame touristy Vegas trip, and plenty of alcohol and lazy beach days planned.
Thats about it, womp womp.

I am so jealous of your life!

Posted Image

I guess I will sell my soul (again) and go to gavelstone with punk.

#22 Mishatu

Mishatu
  • 346 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 03:47 PM

My summer shall be lame and rife with work and reenactments. :p

#23 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 April 2012 - 06:06 PM

Mine will be trying to hang on to my job through another round of lay-offs, taking a small business certification course, traveling (aiming for Texas, Oklahoma, California, and Wisconsin), and canning. I have A LOT of canning planned for this year.

Edited by Napiform, 30 April 2012 - 06:08 PM.

#24 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 April 2012 - 06:08 PM

Mine will be trying to hang on to my job through another round of lay-offs, taking a small business certification course, traveling (aiming for Texas, Oklahoma, California, and Ohio), and canning. I have A LOT of canning planned for this year.

Funny... most of my plans this summer revolve around you.

#25 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 April 2012 - 06:11 PM

Funny... most of my plans this summer revolve around you.

Looks like you're helping me can then. Round 1 has to be done by the 17th.

Edited by Napiform, 30 April 2012 - 06:13 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users