Photo

Habitarium

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 softkittywarmkitty

softkittywarmkitty
  • 15 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 10:41 PM

Anyone make it to level 50? Its been 2 days and I'm only on level 13.. I feel like its gonna take forever. ._.
I heard its a real cash cow when you hit level 50.. so yeah. :p Anyone else get there? How much np does it generate in a day?

#2 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 May 2012 - 10:44 PM

Check out Mish's Guide to the Habitarium it should help you out there. ;)

#3 softkittywarmkitty

softkittywarmkitty
  • 15 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 10:44 PM

Thank you :)

#4 Iterative

Iterative
  • 184 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 10:46 PM

I play it on my main, and depending on how many eggs and nests I discard, I can make up to 150k/day, but that is literally running it 24/7. The lower levels do take a longer time to time to level up, especially if you're unlucky and don't get a lot of workers being hatched, so I recommend going to the Habi boards, and checking out the gifting threads. Save all your resources for upgrading your buildings, and have people gift you instead. Even if you don't need more stuff, building something each time gives you 200 XP.

It was a long time ago when I levelled my Habi, but I remember running 5 nesters while leveling, and cutting that down to 3 once I hit 50. You'll probably want 2-3 soldiers, and the rest should all be workers.

#5 Ladida

Ladida
  • Night Owl 🌛

• 2152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 May 2012 - 11:10 PM

Starting from scratch will seem to take forever. Without Habi friends, it'll take you about 3 weeks to hit level 50. With Habi friends, you can shave a week off that. Everything will go slowly until you get around 40 p3s, then things will speed up pretty quickly. Always keep your Habi running, always make sure they're working. If they're sleepy or hungry, shove 'em in houses, rest them up for a few minutes til they're ready to go again and dump them back out. It's definitely worth the effort, and I get around 150k-200k per day by leaving it running all day and night.

Every time you're able to level up your p3s, do it. Make sure you have enough houses before worrying about storages or nests. After you have enough worker p3s harvesting, get a few nesters nesting, because you'll need to create a stockpile of eggs. Otherwise, at the end of the week, you're going to be wiped out and you won't have enough eggs to replenish your population. Then just use up your resources to buy and level up storages, houses and nests.

Normally, I have around 3 soldiers, 4 nesters, and all the rest are workers. When you reach level 50, never max out your population, always keep it at 45 so that you can see what the eggs are and decide whether to keep or discard. You never want to let the number of pages in your bag exceed 60 as there's a lockout that can occur, and I don't think they currently have a fix for that, other than a reset.

You can dump some food around your Habi, that supposedly attracts pests, and it feeds your soldiers. My soldiers always seem to get tired before the rest of my p3s, so the jelly helps them a lot.

#6 softkittywarmkitty

softkittywarmkitty
  • 15 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 12:00 AM

I play it on my main, and depending on how many eggs and nests I discard, I can make up to 150k/day, but that is literally running it 24/7. The lower levels do take a longer time to time to level up, especially if you're unlucky and don't get a lot of workers being hatched, so I recommend going to the Habi boards, and checking out the gifting threads. Save all your resources for upgrading your buildings, and have people gift you instead. Even if you don't need more stuff, building something each time gives you 200 XP.

It was a long time ago when I levelled my Habi, but I remember running 5 nesters while leveling, and cutting that down to 3 once I hit 50. You'll probably want 2-3 soldiers, and the rest should all be workers.

Yeah I haven't been getting too many worker eggs.. mostly soldiers and a few nesters. I went to the boards today and messaged a few people who posted about gifting, hopefully I'll get some responses. As of now I have 3 soldiers, 5 workers and the rest are nesters. Thanks for the tips :)

Starting from scratch will seem to take forever. Without Habi friends, it'll take you about 3 weeks to hit level 50. With Habi friends, you can shave a week off that. Everything will go slowly until you get around 40 p3s, then things will speed up pretty quickly. Always keep your Habi running, always make sure they're working. If they're sleepy or hungry, shove 'em in houses, rest them up for a few minutes til they're ready to go again and dump them back out. It's definitely worth the effort, and I get around 150k-200k per day by leaving it running all day and night.

Every time you're able to level up your p3s, do it. Make sure you have enough houses before worrying about storages or nests. After you have enough worker p3s harvesting, get a few nesters nesting, because you'll need to create a stockpile of eggs. Otherwise, at the end of the week, you're going to be wiped out and you won't have enough eggs to replenish your population. Then just use up your resources to buy and level up storages, houses and nests.

Normally, I have around 3 soldiers, 4 nesters, and all the rest are workers. When you reach level 50, never max out your population, always keep it at 45 so that you can see what the eggs are and decide whether to keep or discard. You never want to let the number of pages in your bag exceed 60 as there's a lockout that can occur, and I don't think they currently have a fix for that, other than a reset.

You can dump some food around your Habi, that supposedly attracts pests, and it feeds your soldiers. My soldiers always seem to get tired before the rest of my p3s, so the jelly helps them a lot.

Okay.. then I think I'll get a few friends to play with off of the boards. Thats pretty good.. 200k? o: Wow. Haha so I guess it is worth a few weeks investment.
Alright.. I need to start saving my eggs. I've been discarding some of them and I now see that was a bad choice. :/

Thanks for all your help :D Hopefully I'll have mine at level 50 in a few weeks. ^_^ I usually leave it open constantly so I get more XP :]

#7 Ladida

Ladida
  • Night Owl 🌛

• 2152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 May 2012 - 12:04 AM

Yeah I haven't been getting too many worker eggs.. mostly soldiers and a few nesters. I went to the boards today and messaged a few people who posted about gifting, hopefully I'll get some responses. As of now I have 3 soldiers, 5 workers and the rest are nesters. Thanks for the tips :)

Okay.. then I think I'll get a few friends to play with off of the boards. Thats pretty good.. 200k? o: Wow. Haha so I guess it is worth a few weeks investment.
Alright.. I need to start saving my eggs. I've been discarding some of them and I now see that was a bad choice. :/

Thanks for all your help :D Hopefully I'll have mine at level 50 in a few weeks. ^_^ I usually leave it open constantly so I get more XP :]

Discarding your soldiers is fine, since you're getting more of them than you need ^_^

#8 softkittywarmkitty

softkittywarmkitty
  • 15 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 12:14 AM

Okay :) Good.. also I just noticed my mud resource declined about 100.. why is that? e_e

#9 Ladida

Ladida
  • Night Owl 🌛

• 2152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 May 2012 - 12:20 AM

Okay :) Good.. also I just noticed my mud resource declined about 100.. why is that? e_e

If you bought or upgraded something, that would account for the missing mud. If you move storages from the board into the bag, the resources inside aren't accessible and the amount available drops, but I don't think that's the case here.

#10 Kenderson

Kenderson
  • 59 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 12:32 AM

I got to level 50! It took me forever because I didn't keep it open for that often, and didn't have many habi friends. I did, however, take full advantage of gifting boards. I always discarded my eggs for XP.

#11 softkittywarmkitty

softkittywarmkitty
  • 15 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 01:01 AM

I haven't upgraded or bought anything :/.. So I dunno why it would go missing.

Hmm, okay well I don't think I'll be discarding eggs anymore. Besides most of the soldier eggs. xP

#12 Warlord

Warlord
  • 3988 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 02:09 AM

is there a way to speed up nesting? enemies seem to keep resetting the painfully long wait time

#13 IcedEarth

IcedEarth
  • 724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 May 2012 - 02:54 AM

What I did was breed all workers and one of each nester, no soliders. I ranked up quite quick, don't remember how long it was a while ago.

When pests came I just refreshed and they went.

#14 Mishatu

Mishatu
  • 346 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 04:38 AM

When I started playing, it took me about 2 weeks to level up to 50, with approximately no help. It was always driving me nuts because I thought it was supposed to be a game that moved quickly, which it's distinctly not.

I normally don't ever leave food out because it uses resources I don't have my workers harvesting, and I hate it when pests attack. I don't have my nests blocked off (mostly so I can get to the silly things), and the pests that spawn there are invisible to my soldiers :(

#15 Iterative

Iterative
  • 184 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 07:40 AM

is there a way to speed up nesting? enemies seem to keep resetting the painfully long wait time

Pests are attracted to buildings and resources, so what I do is make sure there are enough unprotected resources like water, storages, etc. And then I block off my nests with decorations so the pests can't reach them. It seems to work pretty well in allowing the nesters to nest safely. The red magma-ish decorations work well because they don't block your view of anything.

Edited by Iterative, 11 May 2012 - 07:40 AM.

#16 Kenshin

Kenshin
  • Banned from trading - Do not trade!

• 31 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 07:43 AM

Habitarium takes forever to get to 50. I think it took me like 2-3 weeks to get level 50.

And they are right on making money from it. You have to run it several hours a day. Like 10/12/14 hours to make even up to 100k from it a day.

#17 rlvb

rlvb
  • 70 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 May 2012 - 09:54 AM

It took me a full month to get 50. I was leaving my desktop on before I had to go to class and coming back to clean up what ever happened in that time.

You have to do it everyday for a couple hours to really get somewhere with it.

#18 cornymikey

cornymikey
  • 160 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 05:35 AM

Make sure you use your resources for nests and upgrade them, then discard them for the exp.

Never buy houses or storages, just beg for them on the boards.

#19 PinkRainbows

PinkRainbows
  • 125 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 05:47 AM

reminds me i need start one... :unsure:

#20 beach3boy

beach3boy
  • 514 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 07:27 PM

The more workers the better. Also, leave it on while you sleep if you can, waking up to more levels/purple gems is really nice!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users