What's up with GC?

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 Melchoire

Melchoire
  • 5284 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 May 2012 - 03:10 PM

There aren't any cool discussions going on around here like there normally is. Mostly I see threads that invite an individual's response without having to read others'.

Let's start talking about something interesting...new movies, video games, the after life, science, anything...GO!

#2 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 May 2012 - 03:24 PM

What are you talking about? There's a very interesting thread about hobos, one about crispy M&M's, and another about people with mommy issues, and there was an AMAZING one last night where SL was solving a mystery, but that's been invisied because it contained classified information which I now have some idea about. Mwahahahaha.

Edited by Hydrogen, 12 May 2012 - 03:38 PM.
Fixed crunchy M&M's to read crispy M&M's. Get it right woman! Show some respect!!

#3 Melchoire

Melchoire
  • 5284 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 May 2012 - 03:37 PM

What are you talking about? There's a very interesting thread about hobos, one about crunchy M&M's, and another about people with mommy issues, and there was an AMAZING one last night where SL was solving a mystery, but that's been invisied because it contained classified information which I now have some idea about. Mwahahahaha.

Well shit, I guess I missed out =/ But I'm talking specifically about general chat, it's been boring in this board...

#4 James

James
  • ♔ King James ♔

• 1539 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 03:39 PM

I heard Avengers was a good movie.

Spoilers below:
Spoiler

#5 trizzle

trizzle
  • Deceptive Minx

• 973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 May 2012 - 03:41 PM

Well shit, I guess I missed out =/ But I'm talking specifically about general chat, it's been boring in this board...

You did miss alot, including some questionable scooby doo gifs which you should be glad are invisied :p

#6 Melchoire

Melchoire
  • 5284 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 May 2012 - 03:44 PM

Spoilers below:

Spoiler

It was okay it wasn't as amazing as people made it out to be. You want good movies watch Cabin in the Woods or The Raid which is one of the best martial-arts/guns action movie I've seen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWlmhMSnVdM

You did miss alot, including some questionable scooby doo gifs which you should be glad are invisied :p

Where was this!?! I was online most of last night...

#7 Applepi

Applepi
  • 1641 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 May 2012 - 03:56 PM

Spoilers below:

Spoiler

That's what I've heard (haven't seen it either). Everyone keeps telling me to watch it on IMAX, unfortunately the IMAX near me isn't playing it yet :/

Can't wait till a week from now when I can finally catch up on life after finals.

#8 Nonexistent

Nonexistent
  • 681 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 May 2012 - 03:57 PM

I think it was early this morning, I arrived in time to catch the Velma striptease gif

#9 Melchoire

Melchoire
  • 5284 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 May 2012 - 04:08 PM

Scooby doo, velma strip tease, solving mysteries...were you guys role playing?

#10 Ladida

Ladida
  • Night Owl 🌛

• 2152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 May 2012 - 04:34 PM

I cannot believe I missed out on the fun :( I was supposed to see The Avengers today, but I fell asleep and totally missed going.

Edited by Hydrogen, 50 minutes ago.
Fixed crunchy M&M's to read crispy M&M's. Get it right woman! Show some respect!!

:rofl:

I just watched Ashleigh and Pudsey on YouTube, which was soooooooo awesome!

This is relevant since Ashleigh was dressed up as Velma :p But you should totally watch the vids if you haven't as yet.

#11 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 May 2012 - 07:02 PM

GC is dead. Private is dead. Retireds are wheezing. But Advanced is thriving ;)

But yeah the gc is a ghost town lately. That reminds me of battledome/AC rivalries on neopets boards for some reason. Is that still a thing?

Anyway, I think I understand your reasoning for thinking, ya know, prompt the convo.

#12 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 May 2012 - 07:16 PM

For everyone's entertainment
Posted Image

#13 Melchoire

Melchoire
  • 5284 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 May 2012 - 07:37 PM

For everyone's entertainment
Posted Image

That's hardly a strip tease. But moderately entertaining, although Bobby Starr did a pretty good Velma, feel free to look that one up. And what was this mystery you guys were solving?

#14 Jewbert

Jewbert
  • 3387 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 09:12 PM

New movies: I want to see Dark Shadows mainly because I'm a huge Johnny Depp fan.

Music: Korpiklaani is awesome!!!

Work: Retails SUCKS and people suck for trashing stores and making others' jobs harder. I reallllly hope this modeling thing works out for me. :unsure:

#15 Melchoire

Melchoire
  • 5284 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 May 2012 - 09:40 PM

New movies: I want to see Dark Shadows mainly because I'm a huge Johnny Depp fan.

Music: Korpiklaani is awesome!!!

Work: Retails SUCKS and people suck for trashing stores and making others' jobs harder. I reallllly hope this modeling thing works out for me. :unsure:

Depp's alright but he's a little over rated imo. He was great in Gilbert Grape, the ending song in that always lifts my mood:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9j0_1phsUqY

#16 Jewbert

Jewbert
  • 3387 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 09:59 PM

Depp's alright but he's a little over rated imo. He was great in Gilbert Grape, the ending song in that always lifts my mood:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9j0_1phsUqY

Probably over rated after being in stuff like Pirates and all the remakes Tim Burton is doing. >__<
He really is a great actor and so humble. Not like all the other pricks out there.

#17 Galadriel

Galadriel
  • Creature of the Night

• 924 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 May 2012 - 10:58 PM

Dark Shadows was ok to good. Not my favourite Tim Burton movie. Not my favourite Depp movie either.

#18 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 May 2012 - 12:00 AM

I want to see moar Game of Thrones.

That, and like six more seasons of community.

#19 Melchoire

Melchoire
  • 5284 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 May 2012 - 12:23 AM

Dude can we talk about how awesome community is? It's like the only show that has managed to stay hilarious. Also Annie in bangs:
Posted Image

#20 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 May 2012 - 06:06 AM

Agreed on both points. It's Game of Thrones Day! YAY

Am I the only person who doesn't browse the individual forums? I always just browse all new content so that I can read everything that happens.

Hmm that kind of sounds creepy

#21 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 May 2012 - 06:13 AM

What are you talking about? There's a very interesting thread about hobos, one about crispy M&amp;amp;M's, and another about people with mommy issues, and there was an AMAZING one last night where SL was solving a mystery, but that's been invisied because it contained classified information which I now have some idea about. Mwahahahaha.

ROFL love the edit reason.

#22 WharfRat

WharfRat
  • 11157 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 May 2012 - 12:19 PM

I made mention of your sig in some obscure thread before but you ignored me so I'll make mention of it again!

The bottle should read "LSD-25." #Justsayin'

#23 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 May 2012 - 12:28 PM

Am I the only person who doesn't browse the individual forums? I always just browse all new content so that I can read everything that happens.

Hmm that kind of sounds creepy

I used to, but it got monotonous when you had to scroll through every little neopets help thread to find the less "hot" but infinitely more interesting debate on ____________.

I stick to about four or five forums now. But I hear the view new posts can be filtered - excellent! I might have to make use of it.

#24 trizzle

trizzle
  • Deceptive Minx

• 973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 May 2012 - 12:34 PM

I made mention of your sig in some obscure thread before but you ignored me so I'll make mention of it again!

The bottle should read "LSD-25." #Justsayin'

This isn't twitter! :p

Spoiler

#25 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 May 2012 - 12:35 PM

I used to, but it got monotonous when you had to scroll through every little neopets help thread to find the less "hot" but infinitely more interesting debate on ____________.

I stick to about four or five forums now. But I hear the view new posts can be filtered - excellent! I might have to make use of it.

There's some feature somewhere on the new forum that allows you to select which forums show up in the view new posts. I forget where it is though :(. Sorry that's not super helpful. I've set it up but I don't know how :p.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users