901 replies to this topic

#251 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 July 2012 - 05:13 PM

That was fast.

It's been a long time coming. Now I just have to figure out where I'm going tomorrow ^_^

#252 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 July 2012 - 05:15 PM

=/

All the work I put into for this family

#253 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 July 2012 - 05:22 PM

=/

All the work I put into for this family

lol thank you, I really need as many giggles as I can get right now :)

#254 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 July 2012 - 05:36 PM

It's been a long time coming. Now I just have to figure out where I'm going tomorrow ^_^

Wow, good job for standing up for what you think is right. If you need to talk to anyone, we're here for ya.

#255 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 July 2012 - 05:39 PM

Alright, done.

Good for you. Sometimes people need a fucking slap in the face with reality. Good job giving it to him.
GIRL POWER!
Posted Image

#256 shrouded

shrouded
  • lil'cluck

• 1250 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 July 2012 - 05:47 PM

180 Kent Street
Blacksburg, VA

J/K that's my old place. PM me for where I am now hehe

Edited by Shrouded, 11 July 2012 - 05:48 PM.

#257 Jewbert

Jewbert
  • 3387 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 08:49 PM

I wasn't around for when this thread was started, but I'm contributing anyway!

Shaving. For the longest time I used a Gillette Fusion, yes the one for guys. I don't know why I started using one, but I think it's because I had used my boyfriend's and was amazed at how smooth I was afterwards. I finally ran out of cartridges and decided to try out a Venus Embrace. So far, so good! I always use shave gel from the cans, but I have also used conditioner when gel wasn't available. One thing I hate, though, is how fast my underarm hair will grow back. Same with leg hair. I can't just shave the next day or even the day after because it hurts to shave over the stubblies when they're that short. I tried Veet not too long ago and it didn't do much for my underarms. It just smelled nasty.

I haven't had a period since I got on a certain kind of BC in 2010. I don't miss it. At ALL! At first I was concerned and talked to my doctor about it, but she said not to worry because sometimes it happens when you're on BC. I've also read that it's not medically necessary for us to have periods, so I don't worry about it. I keep stuff in my cabinets just in case it does show up one day. I dread the day I have one again. It is going to be hell.

#258 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 July 2012 - 10:31 PM

I was thinking of going on bc where I didn't get periods but then my friend had a baby and she had no idea she was pregnant so I decided to nix that idea.

#259 Syntax

Syntax
  • Not an error.

• 991 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 July 2012 - 07:58 AM

When I was on BC I got really light periods and spotting. The barely-there period thing was good, but the spotting was almost daily and I don't like wearing liners if I don't have to. So I got off it. My periods are pretty light by itself anyway, like 3 days so it's not that bad.

#260 Jewbert

Jewbert
  • 3387 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 12:14 PM

I use oil and my husbands Gillette razor, closest shave I ever had. Use hair minimizing cream to reduce the 'stubblies' when they start growing back, makes the hair softer and easier to shave over. On the plus side of using oil is that you won't be drying your skin out, like shaving creams/gels do.
I use olive oil, mineral oil or baby oil dependent on what's at hand :3

As for BC, I've not used it since 2009. Still not pregnant :(

Hair minimizing cream? Do you recommend a brand? That's not like Veet and Nair, right? Or is this a cream you leave on? I don't think I'm familiar with any.

#261 Jewbert

Jewbert
  • 3387 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 10:13 PM

They are body moisturizers with a soy protein that actively help even out skintone, age spots and reduce hair growth. I use Aveeno Positively Smooth moisturizing lotion, but when I was in the UK I used
AVON's Skin-So-Soft Fresh & Smooth Hair Minimizing Lotion :3

Awesome! Thank you for the info. ^__^

#262 Wren

Wren
  • 16 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 04:40 PM

Ugh periods! I have heavy flow for maybe a day or 2 so the length of my period is 3-5 days. I don't get cramps at all but I do become overwhelmingly tired. I just want to sleep for 5 days until it is all over. Anyone else is the same?

#263 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 July 2012 - 08:31 AM

Posted Image

#264 Mishatu

Mishatu
  • 346 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 09:56 AM

I don't always cook, but when I do, I make rainbow cupcakes.
Spoiler

#265 Guest_coltom_*

Guest_coltom_*

Posted 21 July 2012 - 10:39 AM

Yummy!

#266 Maloo

Maloo
  • 445 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 11:42 AM

Spoiler

Oh, so much food coloring..
Tastes like cancer!
looks cute, though

#267 Guest_coltom_*

Guest_coltom_*

Posted 21 July 2012 - 12:40 PM

Oh, so much food coloring..
Tastes like cancer!
looks cute, though

I am sure that Mishatu, whom is a kind hearted soul, used natural food colouring for her fine cupcake. I am afraid she's using synthetics on her own blue hair, but it shouldn't be mutagenic unless you try to consume her sapphire locks .

Edited by coltom, 21 July 2012 - 12:40 PM.

#268 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 July 2012 - 05:35 PM

Posted Image

Yummy!

This is how I saw it. And I laughed.

#269 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 July 2012 - 06:38 PM

I have a low key obsession with glitter.

#270 kidbit

kidbit
  • 159 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 07:10 PM

Spoiler

omg, recipe! now!

#271 Mishatu

Mishatu
  • 346 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 02:42 AM

omg, recipe! now!

http://familyfun.go.com/recipes/taste-a-rainbow-cupcakes-842128/

#272 Arazin

Arazin
  • 107 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 05:29 PM

Woah, I soo need to try making some of those cupcakes. :)

#273 Charli

Charli
  • 65 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 06:32 PM

Weird question, but can any ladies living in the US taking birth control tell me if you have to pay for it?
When I first went on it, I just went to planned parenthood and they gave me a years supply. Then as it was running out a while ago, I went to my doctors for a uti or something and he gave me a bc perscription too. I picked it up with some antibiotics he'd perscribed, so I paid for both together, it was like $10 and i thought i was just paying for the antibiotics. My mom is always running to the pharmacy so she always picks it up with her stuff, so i only got it that first time.
Anyway, I went to my gynocologist and she wanted to switch me to a different bc. She told me it'd be less than what i'm used to paying. I was "really? what i'm getting now is free...." and she was like "No, you dont know what you're talking about." and i tried to tell her I really dont pay anything and she was like "I dont care how good your insurance is, everyone has to pay for birth control." I'm on my dad's insurance, I dont think its a very good plan, he's an independent contractor so our insurance changes every 6-12 months, and my mom is constantly complaining about the one we have now, and how everything costs double.
Anyway, I take my new perscription to the pharmacy for my new bc, and again: its totally free. I ask the pharmacist if she's sure, and she's sure.

My question is: Is birth control now fully covered by insurance companies and my gyno is just behind on the times? (i know whats covered differs from plan to plan, but i'm just on a really basic blue cross plan, and i doubt they'd cover something that no one else covers)
OR is this a result of the form i filled out in college at planned parenthood saying I had an income of like $200/month and i'm actually on medicaid or something and no one is telling me, but one day I'll be thrown in jail for fraud like those people who collect welfare for their 30 "grandchildren"?

#274 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 July 2012 - 07:24 PM

Weird question, but can any ladies living in the US taking birth control tell me if you have to pay for it?
When I first went on it, I just went to planned parenthood and they gave me a years supply. Then as it was running out a while ago, I went to my doctors for a uti or something and he gave me a bc perscription too. I picked it up with some antibiotics he'd perscribed, so I paid for both together, it was like $10 and i thought i was just paying for the antibiotics. My mom is always running to the pharmacy so she always picks it up with her stuff, so i only got it that first time.
Anyway, I went to my gynocologist and she wanted to switch me to a different bc. She told me it'd be less than what i'm used to paying. I was "really? what i'm getting now is free...." and she was like "No, you dont know what you're talking about." and i tried to tell her I really dont pay anything and she was like "I dont care how good your insurance is, everyone has to pay for birth control." I'm on my dad's insurance, I dont think its a very good plan, he's an independent contractor so our insurance changes every 6-12 months, and my mom is constantly complaining about the one we have now, and how everything costs double.
Anyway, I take my new perscription to the pharmacy for my new bc, and again: its totally free. I ask the pharmacist if she's sure, and she's sure.

My question is: Is birth control now fully covered by insurance companies and my gyno is just behind on the times? (i know whats covered differs from plan to plan, but i'm just on a really basic blue cross plan, and i doubt they'd cover something that no one else covers)
OR is this a result of the form i filled out in college at planned parenthood saying I had an income of like $200/month and i'm actually on medicaid or something and no one is telling me, but one day I'll be thrown in jail for fraud like those people who collect welfare for their 30 "grandchildren"?

You might have a $0 copay plan or something. Your insurance plan is what determines what you pay for the medicine. I have never been on a BC that I didn't have to pay for, usually it was around $40 a month.

If you are worried about what insurance plans they could be filing this to, just ask. But if you weren't an enrollee, the insurance company would just deny the charges so I wouldn't be too worried about fraud or anything like that.

#275 Jewbert

Jewbert
  • 3387 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 07:34 PM

The bc I take is $24 a month. I use a coupon they give out at the gyno along with my insurance.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users