Photo

The Workout Thread!

• Please log in to reply
390 replies to this topic

#226 willy101

willy101
  • 338 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:54 AM

I have been working out a bit. definitely getting bigger. i'm stilling 130 but im putting up 130 lbs bench now. Squats and deadlifts are great but exhausting

eating like a pig also really helped. Drank milk with almost every meal. thanks guys!

now how do i get more cut? I don't really wanna be bulky

#227 Insanity

Insanity
  • 102 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 12:37 PM

This is a genius topic.

I'm actually just a few weeks away from a personal trainer certification, so this is great.

I ran 2 miles yesterday to try out this new zombie running app on my phone, it was pretty fun actually - considering that I hate running. But I gotta get my cardio in.

#228 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 03 October 2012 - 12:45 PM

This is a genius topic.

I'm actually just a few weeks away from a personal trainer certification, so this is great.

I ran 2 miles yesterday to try out this new zombie running app on my phone, it was pretty fun actually - considering that I hate running. But I gotta get my cardio in.

I've heard of that! As a zombie enthusiast (*pokes dp*) I was pretty interested in it.
I love doing cardio. :*

#229 Insanity

Insanity
  • 102 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 12:49 PM

I've heard of that! As a zombie enthusiast (*pokes dp*) I was pretty interested in it.
I love doing cardio. :*

It's fun! I'm not sure what phone you use but if it's an iPhone the app I'm using is called Zombies, Run!

#230 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 03 October 2012 - 12:50 PM

It's fun! I'm not sure what phone you use but if it's an iPhone the app I'm using is called Zombies, Run!

Yeah I have an Android, but I was doing some searching for a Tshirt that says "Come at me Zombies!" and i somehow stumbled across info on the app.
It made me realllllllllly want it, but I didn't know anyone who used it to find out if it was worth downloading.

#231 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:00 PM

I have been working out a bit. definitely getting bigger. i'm stilling 130 but im putting up 130 lbs bench now. Squats and deadlifts are great but exhausting

eating like a pig also really helped. Drank milk with almost every meal. thanks guys!

now how do i get more cut? I don't really wanna be bulky

How tall are you? You will get cut in time...what you want to do, ideally, is bulk throughout the winter and then cut in March or so. Cutting is eating at a 500 calorie deficit and high reps lower weight.

This is a genius topic.

What PT cert? I'm looking to get mine but can't decide.

#232 blue

blue
  • doge

• 2048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:04 PM

Starting my cut today :ohwell:

Winter cut!? lol iwotm8!

#233 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:07 PM

Starting my cut today :ohwell:

Winter cut!? lol iwotm8!

Not even once

#234 Insanity

Insanity
  • 102 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:21 PM

I'm going through ISSA. NSSA is also good, but just do your research on which gyms accept what certification. I took ISSA because they give out more knowledge about body mechanics and such. I have a friend that took both courses because he liked the knowledge he learned from ISSA, but needed the NSSA certification to work at the gym he wanted.

#235 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:25 PM

I'm going through ISSA. NSSA is also good, but just do your research on which gyms accept what certification. I took ISSA because they give out more knowledge about body mechanics and such. I have a friend that took both courses because he liked the knowledge he learned from ISSA, but needed the NSSA certification to work at the gym he wanted.

Gotcha...I don't so much want to work at a gym for a career, just get it for myself and maybe do it down the road as an extra source of income. Thanks for the tip. Good luck with yours!

#236 sprockets

sprockets
  • DonJonatino

• 759 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 October 2012 - 06:08 PM

Not bad for your BW and just starting really.

MORE IN SHAPE/GETTING IN SHAPE PEOPLE NEED TO POST

Today is rest day, yesterday was lower body power day.

I'm in shape.. at least I think I am. 122 lbs at 5'3.5" (I know I'm short) Having visible serratus major, deltoid separation and abdominal vasculariy makes me believe I'm around 9/10%.

Don't really know what to post about, I only do HIIT twice a week, 5 rounds of all out sprinting for as long as possible, with 2 of the rounds on grass and the final one up a hill. Otherwise I do pull ups whenever I pass by the pull up bar.

Lately I've been using an ab wheel and trying to roll out from the standing position but I only get around half way before my shoulders give out.

Kind of tired of being cut though, it's near impossible to find clothing that fits, yeah sure it'll fit in the chest and shoulders but the body never tapers as much as I'd like and the arms tend to be super baggy.

Think it might be time to start lifting the big 3 and put on some mass.

#237 James

James
  • ♔ King James ♔

• 1539 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 06:31 PM

Bench max went up 5 pounds. <3

#238 willy101

willy101
  • 338 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:30 PM

How tall are you? You will get cut in time...what you want to do, ideally, is bulk throughout the winter and then cut in March or so. Cutting is eating at a 500 calorie deficit and high reps lower weight.

5'11"

#239 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:52 PM

5'11"

I feel like you won't get bulk until like 190...I'm 5'9" 175 and I'm lean.

#240 willy101

willy101
  • 338 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:50 AM

I feel like you won't get bulk until like 190...I'm 5'9" 175 and I'm lean.

Gotta look good for my job starting soon. I'm guessing you're in IB with your pat bateman card lol im sure you get me

#241 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:56 AM

Gotta look good for my job starting soon. I'm guessing you're in IB with your pat bateman card lol im sure you get me

I don't do enough cocaine to be in IB. But I get you.

Still in college but I'm choosing between firms for consulting.

#242 Jakerz

Jakerz
  • 1764 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 04:18 PM

I've been slacking hard.. got super sick for 2 weeks and lost 10 lbs.. then even after I felt better didn't have appetite back and lost another 5... finally feel almost 100% and went to gym today and ALL my lifts are just shit now.. know they will come back fast but damn it made me lose all motivation lol.. gotta get back into it!!

#243 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 October 2012 - 04:43 PM

I've been slacking hard.. got super sick for 2 weeks and lost 10 lbs.. then even after I felt better didn't have appetite back and lost another 5... finally feel almost 100% and went to gym today and ALL my lifts are just shit now.. know they will come back fast but damn it made me lose all motivation lol.. gotta get back into it!!

You'll get back into it brah, stay focused.

#244 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:17 AM

I wish bulimia worked

#245 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 11 October 2012 - 02:56 PM

I've been doing this workout very similar to p90x ab ripper, it's definitely abdominal bliss.
Feeling it in my ribs too. I'd recommend it or any generic version to ladies who like a flat tummy.

#246 Jakerz

Jakerz
  • 1764 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 05:02 PM

I use to use the ab ripper for p90x.. it was insane! Such a good workout

#247 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 11 October 2012 - 06:36 PM

I use to use the ab ripper for p90x.. it was insane! Such a good workout

Yessss *highfives*
It definitely is!

#248 Jakerz

Jakerz
  • 1764 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 03:27 PM

Anyone ever use TRX equipment before? Our local YMCA got some TRX straps or whatever in a few weeks ago, i've tried them out a few times and theyre pretty crazy.. You can literally work anything with them.. I've mostly been doing pushups, pullups, and various ab exercises with them

Here's a video if you've never heard of them before

#249 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 October 2012 - 06:14 PM

Started working out in y-backed singlets. Ultra douche mode achieved.

#250 Shirwinator

Shirwinator
  • 169 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 09:07 PM

I usually run for about half an hour on medium-high speeds to keep up my fitness because i play a lot of different sports that require a high level of fitness.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users