• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 July 2012 - 04:15 PM

How else are you supposed to drink? O_o

#27 Jakerz

Jakerz
  • 1764 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 05:26 PM

I will smoke with anyone or no one. That is a feeling that I love to share with other people but if I am alone it is perfect as well.

I drink alone, and I go to restaurants alone. I don't think that I shouldn't enjoy the things that I love just because I'm alone.

This, I don't like people so I tend to do things alone whenever possible.. people talk too much

#28 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 July 2012 - 08:00 PM

I'm drinking beer right now alone. Watching a movie though (paused to take a break), and not looking to get drunk.

#29 nelsontan

nelsontan
  • 56 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 July 2012 - 10:40 PM

no, drinking should be fun, drinking should be together with friend.

#30 Charli

Charli
  • 65 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 12:03 AM

I've had jello shots alone, but only because I was craving jello and it was there. And maybe half a mikes with my burger, but never enough to get close to drunk. Idk, i don't really consider it drinking if its just a beer with dinner or a glass of wine. Otherwise my grandparents would be "drinking" every night. So by my definition no. And if someone gets drunk by themselves on a regular basis, I would worry that it was to escape some unhappiness. Not saying its a bad thing, I would just be worried that it might be.

#31 Liesa

Liesa
  • Foxy Lady

• 2196 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 July 2012 - 12:20 AM

Eh.. I only drink when I'm with my friends. I don't like drinking on my own :S

#32 bringerlight

bringerlight
  • 25 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 06:21 AM

I never drink alone. Drinking with someone seems to be the point.

#33 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 July 2012 - 07:15 AM

I drink alone pretty much every time I drink. I have genetics for alcoholism on both sides, but I don't worry about it a whole lot. When I have the chance, I go out alone to restaurants or movies or shopping. I get more stuff done alone.

#34 Typhoon

Typhoon
  • 4133 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 08:11 AM

I don't see anything wrong with having a glass (read: bottle) of wine on an evening after work... Or a few beers for that matter

#35 shrouded

shrouded
  • lil'cluck

• 1250 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 July 2012 - 08:15 AM

I bought a 12 pack of PBR about 5 days ago {yes, I love PBR} and it's still sitting in the fridge. Normally I only drink when I'm with people. I might consider drinking alone if it was a fine wine or an especially expensive vintage, just because I am a classy lady. ;P

mmmmmmm

#36 Wren

Wren
  • 16 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 03:39 PM

Really depends. I prefer to drink alone. Drinking as a social activity isn't my thing. I drink alone PRECISELY because I'm alone. Feels better that way.

#37 WharfRat

WharfRat
  • 11157 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 July 2012 - 07:01 PM

I'll have a glass of scotch or cognac alone on rare occasions.... Other than that I really only drink while socializing or over dinner.

I don't see anything wrong with having a glass (read: bottle) of wine on an evening after work... Or a few beers for that matter

Holy shit! It's Matt!

#38 underworld

underworld
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 01:35 AM

Drinking alone is for miserable people :p

#39 Harlow

Harlow
  • 183 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 July 2012 - 01:51 AM

I don't drink alone. I'll drink when I'm at a part/event, but even then I usually drive myself to them so I can leave when I want or be the "dd" so I never usually drink at them anyways. :huh:

I did actually drink tonight though, so that was fun. :D

I dislike smoking, which is odd cause all my friends are stoners. I don't know anyone who doesn't smoke. :S

Edited by Harlow, 15 July 2012 - 01:59 AM.

#40 Freidmont

Freidmont
  • 448 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 09:44 AM

I drink alone pretty regularly. Video games and a couple brews is how I usually wind down after work.

#41 Blamed

Blamed
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 08:10 AM

I only drink in social occasions, any other time I prefer water. Ever since I have started drinking water, I can easily get up at 6am fresh as a daisy :)

#42 Suou

Suou
  • 55 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 10:06 PM

Do I ever not drink alone?

(sometimes)

Every so often life gets you down or you just feel like being a classy bitch and you have to break out the Sauvignon Blanc.

#43 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 17 July 2012 - 11:32 PM

I usually drink alone. I really don't care though.

#44 xxxccc

xxxccc
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 02:20 AM

i used to drink quite heavily on my own a few years ago. then i stopped for a while and now i enjoy it sensibly

#45 Inver

Inver
  • 298 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 04:49 PM

More and more lately. Trying to escape this world full of hippies.

#46 chini

chini
  • 67 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 05:13 PM

I don't mind drinking alone. It's certainly more fun when with people however.

#47 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 July 2012 - 08:30 PM

I drink almost exclusively in social settings. I find drinking beer, wine or cheap liquors sort of a chore. Sometimes a beer can be refreshing, but I don't favor the taste of ethyl alcohol. A well made liquor or liqueur does occasionally catch my fancy, but in all honesty, I'd rather not drink unless it's an occasion.

I understand and appreciate that the point isn't always the taste of the drink, but for me it's kinda like owning a Top Fuel car - all the fun of going fast without any of the comfort of leather seats and A/C.

That said, I don't look down on anyone that drinks alone. My parents drink a glass of wine or a beer (or three) most nights, and it's not like they're entertaining or even talking to each other. Most nights they're in separate rooms watching or reading different things.

Also, smoke more. Vape if you got the money.

Tha fuck.

Bring Kim back with you.

#48 Futurama

Futurama
  • 3772 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 July 2012 - 08:32 PM

I do once in a while, because I'm forever alone.

#49 Silver

Silver
  • poppycock.

• 1041 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 July 2012 - 06:28 PM

I used to occasionally. Then I started smoking for a couple years, drinking seemed like more of a chore. Can't smoke because I have work, and drinking still seems like it takes a while, because now I can't stand the hard stuff, and don't like the taste of most beers. I like Guennise, but since I'm unemployed I can't afford it. As a result I find myself sober 99% of the time.

On the plus side, now I go to the gym!

#50 Hawk

Hawk
  • hawk·ish·ly

• 9688 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 July 2012 - 06:01 PM

I drink alone on occasion. It really depends, though. The majority of the time I get drunk I am in a social environment of some kind, but every now and then I drink by myself, get hammered while playing video games, and have a good night. Fuck the haters.

Oh, and sometimes I just drink alone by having a few beers with my dinner. It's the college life, right?

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users