Quantcast

Photo

If you could have the one work (job, occupation, etc.) perfectly suited to you, what would it be?

hmm

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#26 Charli

Charli
  • 65 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 01:07 PM

I find your avatar really connects with everything you've described here. Very suiting.

Haha, I can kinda see that :)

I used to own a cleaning business.

NymhFact

Thats awesome! Did you love it? Did you enjoy cleaning prior, and did doing it professionally make you like it more or like it less?

#27 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 July 2012 - 01:11 PM

Any number of jobs, really:
  • Professional men's fashion and lifestyle editor for GQ
  • Marketing for a skateboard company
  • Own a small cafe in Italy
  • Own a Californian vineyard

#28 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 July 2012 - 01:17 PM

Thats awesome! Did you love it? Did you enjoy cleaning prior, and did doing it professionally make you like it more or like it less?

We cleaned businesses after hours, so it was a bit different than cleaning people's homes. I did love it. I love to clean, I am ridiculously obsessive when it comes to straightening things. I have no desire to remove germs from things but I do like cleanliness. The one thing that I didn't like about it would probably have been that they required some things to be done daily that I would have considered better suited for weekly tasks (seriously, who sweeps off their back porch or cleans their fan blades every day). Another thing I didn't like was when they would complain that I wasn't doing something that wasn't on the list of things to do. I don't mind going over duties and adding to the list, that's to be expected, but the approach was usually not that tactful.

Doing it professionally made me like it more, I think, because it allowed me to really develop some good techniques. I also loved the solitude.

#29 Lineage

Lineage
  • 498 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 01:33 PM

I would bake cupcakes for a living. Whether that be doing cupcake catering out of my home, or working in a cupcake shop. LOVE baking and decorating stuff. Love the chemistry of how ingredients interact and work together. Love love love.

#30 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 July 2012 - 02:34 PM

Making route/cave maps for Game Freak/Pokemon games! I don't even care about the pay, the tilesets they use are just too cute, and some of the maps they've made.... W-well, they could definitely be better :p

You are too amazing.

I think I'd want to be an Indiana Jones type archaeologist~
That would be AWESOME!

Edited by Ivysaur, 29 July 2012 - 02:35 PM.

#31 Mew

Mew
  • 626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 July 2012 - 03:20 PM

An author for sure...
Currently penning the first novel of a triology I've been developing for the last four years :)

#32 tri

tri
  • Banned from trading - Do not trade with this user

• 1133 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 July 2012 - 05:44 PM

I would be a vet and definitely going to school to become one.

#33 likerobots

likerobots
  • 537 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 07:57 PM

NGL i want to be a Subway Sandwich Artist. : )))))
or even more, a barista at a starbucks or any cute coffee shop.

I think I'd be so content just making coffee for everyone and getting to know people around me and drinking coffee and coming home smelling like coffee and
*falls back and faints into a pile of coffee beans*

Posted Image

#34 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 July 2012 - 08:03 PM

I think I'd be so content just making coffee for everyone and getting to know people around me and drinking coffee and coming home smelling like coffee and

Posted Image

I spent a good 5 minutes looking for a black man's face, figuring this all has to be an elaborate joke.

#35 likerobots

likerobots
  • 537 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 08:09 PM

I spent a good 5 minutes looking for a black man's face, figuring this all has to be an elaborate joke.

please. i am denser than deuterium.

#36 Charli

Charli
  • 65 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 08:58 PM

We cleaned businesses after hours, so it was a bit different than cleaning people's homes. I did love it. I love to clean, I am ridiculously obsessive when it comes to straightening things. I have no desire to remove germs from things but I do like cleanliness. The one thing that I didn't like about it would probably have been that they required some things to be done daily that I would have considered better suited for weekly tasks (seriously, who sweeps off their back porch or cleans their fan blades every day). Another thing I didn't like was when they would complain that I wasn't doing something that wasn't on the list of things to do. I don't mind going over duties and adding to the list, that's to be expected, but the approach was usually not that tactful.

Doing it professionally made me like it more, I think, because it allowed me to really develop some good techniques. I also loved the solitude.

Yay solitude!
Cleaning fan blades everyday seems kind of arbitrary slash ridiculous. Who even notices fan blades? And it is pretty frustrating when you aren't told what needs to be done at the very start, and then you're criticized for something you didn't even know about. But learning new techniques slash discovering new products would be pretty cool. And useful outside of work.

But people are so picky about their food and coffee! I open the office in the mornings so I have to make coffee for the clients coming in. You should see the looks I get if I dont put enough cream in someones coffee.

#37 WharfRat

WharfRat
  • 11157 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 July 2012 - 09:26 PM

Yay solitude!
Cleaning fan blades everyday seems kind of arbitrary slash ridiculous. Who even notices fan blades? And it is pretty frustrating when you aren't told what needs to be done at the very start, and then you're criticized for something you didn't even know about. But learning new techniques slash discovering new products would be pretty cool. And useful outside of work.

But people are so picky about their food and coffee! I open the office in the mornings so I have to make coffee for the clients coming in. You should see the looks I get if I dont put enough cream in someones coffee.

Tell them to quit being bitches and drink the coffee black like it was intended to be consumed! (That or buy better coffee so that people don't need sugar or cream to make it tolerable...)

#38 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 July 2012 - 09:29 PM

Make it the way they want but decaf

Posted Image

#39 likerobots

likerobots
  • 537 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 09:57 PM

Make it the way they want but decaf

Posted Image

Scot!!!! That would be So Horrible.
I couldn't even Imagine doing that to Dear Customers.

#40 kidbit

kidbit
  • 159 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 10:02 PM

Game character modeller.

#41 Liesa

Liesa
  • Foxy Lady

• 2196 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 July 2012 - 10:21 PM

hmm Author or illustrator of childrensbooks :)

#42 Mishatu

Mishatu
  • 346 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 03:16 AM

This is making me feel like a terrible dork. I want to make computer programs on commission, so I can work from home and multitask and then get paid when I actually finish a program :3

#43 nightowl

nightowl
  • 27 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 08:11 AM

I have no idea.

#44 pyke

pyke
  • 13686 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 August 2012 - 04:44 AM

Professional poker player. It's an unrealistic goal, but it's a great feeling when you have someone mentally dominated. They think you're the worst piece of shit in the world and lucky as hell, but you're just exploiting what they show you.

Other then that, I'd love to be able to write music for a living. No words, just cool compositions with guitar/bass/banjo

#45 Annalily

Annalily
  • 29 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 08:45 PM

Zoologist, more specificity in the field of ethology, the study of animal behaviours. I want to know why and how animals act and behave.

I'm going to school to become an elementary school teacher, so I figure that's close enough. xD

#46 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 August 2012 - 09:06 PM

I used to be a sandwich artist. I loved it.

I would want to be a stay at home mom, a professional student, or someone who sat around and cooked all day.

#47 xHimitsu

xHimitsu
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 01:42 AM

I'm not very sure, but writing, chemistry and game designing appeal the most to me.

I want a job where I could work individually most of the time.

#48 SamTheMan

SamTheMan
  • 181 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 10:45 AM

Professional smartass - see tv host.

#49 Exarius

Exarius
  • 78 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 02:58 PM

An entrepreneur.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users