fashion

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 August 2012 - 08:44 AM

I'm curious to see how Codex members dress. I've made this in the past, but not for a long time I don't think.

I'm pretty into all kinds of fashion and can appreciate anything.

I dress "American Trad" mostly, but sometimes venture into more urban clothing. My favorite stores/brands are Vineyard Vines, Ralph Lauren, Southern Marsh, Southern Proper, Brooks Brothers, Sperry, and Chaps for Trad. H&M and Uniqulo for urban kind of stuff. Probably a few others if I thought about it...

I don't have many good photos of me actually dressed how I do daily, but here are some examples:

Spoiler

So, where do you like to shop? Do you like fashion at all?

DISCUSS

#2 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 August 2012 - 08:45 AM

I can't imagine anything less interesting.

#3 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 August 2012 - 08:47 AM

I can't imagine anything less interesting.

That is because you occupy yourself with more intellectually stimulating things than fashion and design :p

Including ninja editing words to protect yourself from the sarcastic rebuttal to a literal interpretation of your sentence that you so often do to others.

#4 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 August 2012 - 09:00 AM

I uh

s-shop at Tesco/Asda usually ;w; It's all I can really afford and I'm not into fashion thing, just what looks cute/decent imo~
(Mostly just a regular t-shirt/maybe a sweater with some jeans! And shorts/skirts for when it's warm :3 )

Spoiler

Edited by Turnip, 02 August 2012 - 09:50 AM.

#5 Galadriel

Galadriel
  • Creature of the Night

• 924 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 August 2012 - 09:05 AM

usually a v neck t-shirt, cardigan, skinny jeans and (the best) shoes which are similar to these

Posted Image

#6 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 August 2012 - 09:41 AM

IN DRAG, BITCHES
Posted Image
Spoiler

#7 Maeghan

Maeghan
  • 253 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 August 2012 - 09:47 AM

At work im strictly jeans and tshirts.

At home, pajama pants usually suffice.

Going out, printed tank tops, usually from hot topic, torrid, kohls, or gap. I like graphics and white flowy stuff.

#8 Irradium

Irradium
  • Pyro (699) Maniac

• 892 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 August 2012 - 10:01 AM

Basic loose-fitting trousers, basic shirts, some are themed/have patterns on them, quad-coloured socks, one of those belts that have no holes, just a buckle, a hoodie with the sleeves rolled up and specially customised Chuck Taylor Converse All-Stars.
I usually wear:
  • Joggers and a basic coloured shirt for lounging around.
  • A hoodie with the sleeves rolled up, colourful/patterned shirts, quad-coloured socks, basic trousers and a belt with one of those buckles you have to fold the belt around and around and custom-made classic Converse All-Stars for outside use.
  • An ironed smart short sleeved shirt, lean black trousers, smart 'thin' shoes and a silver watch for smart occasions, or if I want to look like a boss when I'm out and about. :p
Can't really provide pictures, but you can kind of imagine it. I don't really try to go a specific label with anything except my shoes, just what looks good on me. :)

I uh

s-shop at Tesco/Asda usually ;w; It's all I can really afford and I'm not into fashion thing, just what looks cute/decent imo~

Spoiler

You'd look cute no matter what clothes you wore. :p (That was a joke by the way; I don't want you getting your hopes up. ;) )

#9 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 August 2012 - 10:05 AM

IN DRAG, BITCHES
Posted Image

Spoiler

Kohl's is dope, I get tons of stuff there cheap.
I refuse to pay full price for any clothes.

#10 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 August 2012 - 10:09 AM

You'd look cute no matter what clothes you wore. :p (That was a joke by the way; I don't want you getting your hopes up. ;) )

I retched a little.

#11 trizzle

trizzle
  • Deceptive Minx

• 973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 August 2012 - 10:15 AM

I'm like turnip I usually just buy my clothes at supermarkets or places like primark or tk max :D There are some really lovely finds and good deals.

Occasionally I'll splurge if I see something really beautiful but I prefer to spend my money on other stuff like video games and neocash xD ^_^

#12 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 August 2012 - 10:16 AM

(That was a joke by the way; I don't want you getting your hopes up. ;) )

O-ooh... ;_;

I'm like turnip I usually just buy my clothes at supermarkets or places like primark or tk max :D There are some really lovely finds and good deals.

Occasionally I'll splurge if I see something really beautiful but I prefer to spend my money on other stuff like video games and neocash xD ^_^

High five!!! :D Video games are waaayyy better than silly old clothes~

Edited by Turnip, 02 August 2012 - 10:18 AM.

#13 Maloo

Maloo
  • 445 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 11:12 AM

Spoiler

Yup.

#14 Indigo

Indigo
  • 117 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 12:10 PM

That is because you occupy yourself with more intellectually stimulating things than fashion and design :p

Including ninja editing words to protect yourself from the sarcastic rebuttal to a literal interpretation of your sentence that you so often do to others.

Master ninja editor reporting in

#15 ElBastardoVerde

ElBastardoVerde
  • Shitstorm

• 220 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 12:15 PM

I wear solid color shirts, most of them are green but I do have a shirt in most colors, just not pink or yellow. Most of my clothes money goes to my jeans, which are kind of expensive at $150 a pair. :lol:

I wear Vans and have like 4-5 pairs that I wear consistently and 3 that I don't wear too often. I enjoy looking nice by my own standards. :b

#16 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 August 2012 - 01:00 PM

I spend too much damn money on clothes. When I was younger I used to dress like a tomboy. Jeans, tshirts, high tops. And that was about it. But since I've gotten older I guess I developed a shopping habit.

I buy most of my clothes from Macys. I love off the shoulder clothes, cut outs, and asymmetrical tops. I also live in skinny jeans. I've recently gotten more into dresses and jumpsuits my hips are huge so it's a pain in the ass finding jeans.

Spoiler

Oh and I dress in drag

Spoiler

#17 Norava

Norava
  • Pro Can Cran

• 547 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 August 2012 - 01:47 PM

TJ Maxx is your best friend for affordable clothing.

#18 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 August 2012 - 02:11 PM

At work, I usually wear pants or a skirt and a nice shirt. At home, I wear jeans and varying shades of black, grey, red, and pink, mainly tank tops and tube tops/halter tops with jackets or shirts on top. I keep my clothes until they fall apart though. I absolutely hate shopping for clothes.

#19 onlyme

onlyme
  • I hate everyone.

• 4319 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 August 2012 - 02:15 PM

Spoiler

Yup.

I already told you on FB that I need and want this shirt really, really bad. You ignored me. FUCKING FUCK YOU FUCK!
(I love you!)
(What am I doing in this thread?)

#20 Charli

Charli
  • 65 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 02:27 PM

Edited by Charli, 02 August 2012 - 08:06 PM.

#21 Maloo

Maloo
  • 445 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 03:01 PM

I already told you on FB that I need and want this shirt really, really bad. You ignored me. FUCKING FUCK YOU FUCK!
(I love you!)
(What am I doing in this thread?)

Oooh, I was going to answer you, but then I had to leave in a hurry and ended up forgetting D:
Sorry!
Spoiler

this topic makes me want to lay out all my summer clothes and take a big family picture of all of them :)

warning: the following pictures may include less clothing than you're used to seeing (especially peeps from england). i live in southern california and its hot as balls every. single. day. no judgement please!

Spoiler

i mainly shop at american eagle / aerie (same thing as ae), and hollister for shorts or skinny jeans. I also shop at H&M and pacsun, but not nearly as much. I only go to nicer stores if I need something for work, or its something classic I know I'll wear for the next 10 years (which hasn't happened yet).

You're making it hard for me not to judge you, simply by asking me not to..
Just saying.

#22 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 August 2012 - 03:11 PM

this topic makes me want to lay out all my summer clothes and take a big family picture of all of them :)

warning: the following pictures may include less clothing than you're used to seeing (especially peeps from england). i live in southern california and its hot as balls every. single. day. no judgement please!

Spoiler

i mainly shop at american eagle / aerie (same thing as ae), and hollister for shorts or skinny jeans. I also shop at H&M and pacsun, but not nearly as much. I only go to nicer stores if I need something for work, or its something classic I know I'll wear for the next 10 years (which hasn't happened yet).

:thumbsup:

#23 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 02 August 2012 - 03:25 PM

Spoiler

Is the gravitational pull stronger where you live?
Or do you have a bad back?

#24 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 August 2012 - 03:36 PM

I live in SoCal. It gets hot but nothing ridiculous. Then again I live by the beach so it stays a lot cooler than in some more inland cities.

#25 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 August 2012 - 03:37 PM

Is the gravitational pull stronger where you live?
Or do you have a bad back?

She's just trying to get herself in frame, jeez :p

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fashion

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users