How big is your social circle?

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 Teucer

Teucer
  • 124 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 August 2012 - 06:25 PM

My social circle is pretty tiny - so tiny I'd hardly call it a circle... more like a couple of dots scattered around me. hah.

I have a roommate. Other than him, I have two other friends that I hang out with a couple times a month. That's pretty much it. I just finished college - you'd think that college life would be a little bit more exciting, but it's really not like that for me. I'll be moving back to my hometown pretty soon. So I'll be getting together with my high school buds every so often. But I doubt my social situation will change too much.

I also feel frustrated. So maybe I can understand where you're coming from a bit. I recently just mailed a prisoner - yes, someone in jail - in the hopes of starting up some kind of correspondance. Who know's. Maybe the inmate will become to me, kind of what your Canada friend is to you! I hope so! He seems harmless enough, lol. ^_^

#2 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 August 2012 - 06:46 PM

Honestly, mines not even a dot. I don't talk to anyone,nor do I see anyone. Some days, I do go a bit crazy, but I always have the internet :)
I should be starting Junior year soon ( I've been home schooled for half of my sophomore year) so mine may get a bit larger (as I hope it does. It'd be nice to have someone to go shopping with, or play Xbox with). I get that frustrated feeling as well, I'll meet someone and then they're the type of person I can't stand in some way, and I have no one to add to my circle.

Edited by Satsuki, 04 August 2012 - 06:47 PM.

#3 Habanero

Habanero
  • 275 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 August 2012 - 07:30 PM

Mine is more of a triangle.

#4 Futurama

Futurama
  • 3772 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 August 2012 - 07:36 PM

It a pretty big circle. I'll have plenty people call me in one day and ask to do something and I'll say I already have plans with so and so, or I have to go to work/ school, then I already had plans with Bob. It kind of gets annoying at times though, some times you just want to sit at home and chill and relax.

#5 ShinyPonyta

ShinyPonyta
  • 27 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 07:56 PM

My circle is like a Venn diagram. I've got a few really close friends and we're always together (many lesbian jokes are made haha), but I'm also included in each of their individual circles. But we never all do stuff together! I've tried mixing my art school friends with my nerd friends, but it's like oil and water. D:

#6 Futurama

Futurama
  • 3772 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 August 2012 - 08:01 PM

My circle is like a Venn diagram. I've got a few really close friends and we're always together (many lesbian jokes are made haha), but I'm also included in each of their individual circles. But we never all do stuff together! I've tried mixing my art school friends with my nerd friends, but it's like oil and water. D:

That's kind of what I meant for mine...minus the lesbian jokes.

#7 WharfRat

WharfRat
  • 11157 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 August 2012 - 08:04 PM

I mostly just keep to myself and my fiancée. I spend so much time at work I hardly have time even for her... I do spend some time with some of my work buddies out at the bar a couple of times a month. I have pretty much isolated myself from all of my old friends as I just don't enjoy their company as much as I enjoy my own any more. They can be fun and all, but I just don't see it as a good use of my time.

#8 Chappy

Chappy
  • Cat Savage

• 2341 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 August 2012 - 08:17 PM

Mine's tiny....how about a tri-angle. seriously. Usually I just spend time with my boyfriend, but most of my friends went to those UC colleges and I'm at a CC.
Other than that. I sometimes feel I'm being isolated at school with the club. I occasionally meet people but they live far from where I live and gas is expensive. ;/

#9 LeiLani

LeiLani
  • 177 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 08:40 PM

It's pretty big during school, but it dwindles down to dots during the summer as I like to keep those three months to myself, my family, and my boyfriend. c:
When I lived in New York, I didn't really have a circle, cause everyone in my school knew each other.
But when I came to Florida, I was hit with like twenty different cliches because it was high school, and so I made friends in each one c: sometimes I wish I didn't have friends though, they can get annoying, pushy, and dramatic. xD

#10 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 August 2012 - 08:53 PM

I have 2 friends that I see regularly, one being my roommate.

I only have one other friend that I occasionally doing activities with.

I don't get out much.

#11 Syntax

Syntax
  • Not an error.

• 991 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 August 2012 - 12:59 AM

I have a fair amount of friends in school, and my old friends from secondary school, and friends outside of school, but I don't like hanging out with them in huge groups. I'll just feel super awk. So I end up hanging out with them one-on-one, which is alright, I guess.

#12 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 August 2012 - 01:05 AM

A couple close friends, and a lot of acquaintances from school, the lab, etc.

I'm probably going to have to move away to find a good/exciting job, so I'll have to build up a social circle wherever I end up, and that might be a bit daunting. But, I did it when I moved here for school so I know it can be done. :p

#13 Honey

Honey
  • 442 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 August 2012 - 01:10 AM

Before I moved to Germany I had my 2 best friends who I've seen every in school and the school acitivties.
After lesson we always go out (with some other friends), drinking, singing karaoke, ect.

Since I'm here I get a little bit lonely. I have the feeling that the Germans are living on their own. After the lessons most of the people go home, to their boyfriend or girlfriend, or go studying in the library....boring.
It's just the weekends when I can on on parties or meet some more people.

I'm happy that I can go home for a month (in two weeks) YEY~~

#14 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 August 2012 - 01:16 AM

I have 2 friends that I see regularly, one being my roommate.

I only have one other friend that I occasionally doing activities with.

I don't get out much.

( `ー´)八(`ー´ ) HI5

I never really made friends in school, and have like... three in real life friends (two of the three we met online!), one who I see for a couple of days once a week, one who I see once - three times a year, and my bestest friend who I see once every two - five years ;_; God I miss her so much..... Thankfully we all talk on IRC/WLM/Skype everyday!!~
I have more friends/acquaintances online though, so loneliness doesn't really get to me!

Yay never going outside~ 8D

#15 imcominatcha

imcominatcha
  • 97 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 05:46 AM

My social circle used to consist of my guitar, my soccer ball, and my books. Then I dislocated my knee. Now it's just my guitar, my books, and Neocodex.

#16 grapes

grapes
  • Waser Lave Fan

• 403 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 August 2012 - 05:53 AM

It's big~ the internet. :D

#17 sprockets

sprockets
  • DonJonatino

• 759 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 August 2012 - 06:01 AM

Back when I was in school (last year) my social circle used to be pretty large, it was near impossible to walk to class without seeing someone I was friends with. Now that I've graduated though, there are only a handful of people that I talk to on a regular basis, but I'm fine with that. As I'm beginning to learn, it's not the quantity of friends but the quality.

#18 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 August 2012 - 06:35 AM

When I was in high school, my social circle at home was disgustingly large. I knew enough people that I saw at least one person I knew everywhere I went.

Now that I'm in college, when I'm home my circle is smaller. I'm friends with all of the people I was closest with originally, and still only see some of the people that were just around at parties or whatever. However, at college my circle is pretty big again honestly.

I like big social circles but small groups of friends.

#19 HappyAccident

HappyAccident
  • 408 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 August 2012 - 06:35 AM

When I was in high school, my social circle at home was disgustingly large. I knew enough people that I saw at least one person I knew everywhere I went.

Now that I'm in college, when I'm home my circle is smaller. I'm friends with all of the people I was closest with originally, and still only see some of the people that were just around at parties or whatever. However, at college my circle is pretty big again honestly.

I like big social circles but small groups of friends.

Yes exactly.

#20 Arazin

Arazin
  • 107 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 07:11 AM

My social circle is pretty big, I definately see at least one person I know everywhere I go... (Yay for rhyming!)

..Though, really, I like having a small group of friends, being hugely popular and having like 50 friends was never my thing.

#21 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 05 August 2012 - 07:26 AM

Since having children my social circle has dwindled slowly each year.
I have a handful of friends. Including you.

It is pretty sad we're best friends and have never met hahaha, but thank god for each other or we'd go insane.

The only other friends I have are family by marriage. For example, Daniel's brothers' women. They are my friends, but they are obligated to be. Since they are also my sisters in law.

#22 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 August 2012 - 07:55 AM

I have yung, our kids, and his family... I don't really have friends besides that except for on the internet and 6 hours away in my hometown. I like being alone though.

#23 Cydonia

Cydonia
  • 15 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 08:03 AM

I have four friends that I can't live without and two or three that are my party friends if you will. I'm not very good at maintaining relationships, I'd go crazy if I had tons of friends and actually, I'm pretty happy with the number of acquaintances I have right now.

#24 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 05 August 2012 - 09:10 AM

It's pretty sad.. not like "WAHHH I HAS NO FRIENDS" sad, but like.. wow we suck hahaha.
BUT I don't really mind (:

#25 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 August 2012 - 09:52 AM

I have a lot of acquaintances that I've met through college and work. We party and talk sometimes. But in regards to really close friends that i'll do anything for. I have like 4.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users