• This topic is locked This topic is locked
50 replies to this topic

#1 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 August 2012 - 05:45 PM

I've spent a good chunk of the day revamping our frontpage! If you remember our previous frontpage (image below :p), it was pretty busy. There was a lot of text, some random images sprawled in there, and a video kind of in the middle. There wasn't a lot of structure, and while it was better than what we had before that (nothing :p), it wasn't great.

Posted Image

As you can see, everything was on one page! That's bad :p.

New layout
I've updated our frontpage with a new design and have separated the pages out into their various different parts. The first page that most people will land on is http://www.neocodex.us (you may need to clear your cache or refresh without using your cache to see the update). This page describes what Neocodex is, lists our various products, answers some common questions that people might have, and invites users to join our forums and try our products. The top area currently focuses on Abrosia, but the idea is that we would have a slider or a rotation of focus up there so that we can give focus to the item database, neotracker, etc as well.

Product specific pages
There are only two other pages at the moment (more are to come). These are product specific pages for abrosia and the item database. They are located at:

http://www.neocodex.us/abrosia.html
http://www.neocodex....m_database.html

These pages are designed to be both landing pages from users who click on our ads, as well as informational pages for users flowing through our site. The pages describe the main features of each product and break down the different perks that each type of membership (basic and advanced) give you. For someone new to Neocodex, this is very important -- it allows us to put our best foot forward. We want to reduce the amount of work each user has to do in order to understand what Neocodex is. Currently, they have to put in a lot of effort to figure it out. Hopefully these changes will make that process easier for new users, and will hopefully make the benefits of each different member type clearer for current users as well.

I'll post more about our advertising campaign in future announcements :p. For now, I just wanted to share this news with you :).

#2 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 August 2012 - 05:48 PM

awww my video is gone :( haha looks good mate. Quite 'professional' looking to say the least :) Good work.

#3 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 August 2012 - 05:49 PM

awww my video is gone :( haha looks good mate. Quite 'professional' looking to say the least :) Good work.

It will come back :p. I just need to find a good place for it instead of just stuck smack-dab in the middle of the page :p.

#4 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 August 2012 - 05:54 PM

Great job!
Looks amazing!

#5 Wynd

Wynd
  • 397 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 August 2012 - 06:05 PM

I like it! It looks very professional. c:

#6 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 August 2012 - 06:13 PM

Haha yes, my crappy cutout screenshots are still there.

#7 Pilot

Pilot
  • Bees?

• 1074 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 August 2012 - 06:37 PM

Looks even better on the mobile version.

#8 fimend

fimend
  • 170 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 07:02 PM

Found a typo under the Are the programs safe to use? heading:

"and beacuse of that"

#9 Drakonid

Drakonid
  • 805 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 August 2012 - 07:26 PM

The codex logo doesn't look good on light grey.

#10 Croc

Croc
  • 27 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 August 2012 - 08:04 PM

Looks much better! Much more professional.

#11 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 August 2012 - 08:26 PM

The new page layout makes me feel like I'm in an apple store. It's sleek and simple, also has that zen feel that draws people in. Attractive.

#12 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 August 2012 - 08:28 PM

The new page layout makes me feel like I'm in an apple store. It's sleek and simple, also has that zen feel that draws people in. Attractive.

That is probably the best compliment anyone has ever given our little site :crybaby:

Glad you like it :p. Let's hope it brings in some new members :D.

Fresh blood :devil:

#13 Nanarie

Nanarie
  • 576 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 August 2012 - 08:32 PM

Wow, looks awesome! :o

#14 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 August 2012 - 02:27 AM

A bit of a correction, I believe you need 500 posts to price items in the database rather than just being an Advanced Member. Also, you can still use the item database data in Abrosia without a subscription.

#15 Carialle

Carialle
  • 289 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 August 2012 - 02:33 AM

Looks great *thumbs up*

#16 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 August 2012 - 02:35 AM

A bit of a correction, I believe you need 500 posts to price items in the database rather than just being an Advanced Member.

Correct. I can edit the DB despite not having advanced.

#17 grapes

grapes
  • Waser Lave Fan

• 403 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 August 2012 - 03:09 AM

Do you still want my icons? Haven't made them with transparent BGs yet. Would take only a couple of minutes but I keep forgetting. :p Looks like you already got icons though.

Oh btw, the new logo looks flat. I prefer the existing logo over it. :)

#18 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 August 2012 - 03:53 AM

One more thing, why does the Try it free button for Abrosia point to a zipped version of the Program Manager? Wouldn't it be better to point them to the downloads section since they couldn't use the programs without a Neocodex account anyway? O_o I would imagine that would be pretty confusing for a completely new person...

#19 Galadriel

Galadriel
  • Creature of the Night

• 924 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 August 2012 - 09:09 AM

looks really great. :)

#20 IcedEarth

IcedEarth
  • 724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 August 2012 - 09:36 AM

Looks very sleek and professional. Particularly like the individual product pages, good job!

#21 Maeghan

Maeghan
  • 253 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 August 2012 - 10:04 AM

I dont like it right now, tbh.
i think its all of the light colors.

but ill just have to get use to it.

Edited by Maeghan, 13 August 2012 - 10:04 AM.

#22 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 August 2012 - 10:05 AM

I dont like it right now, tbh.
i think its all of the light colors.

but ill just have to get use to it.

You don't have to use the front page (I don't), you can just go directly to:

http://www.neocodex.us/forum/

#23 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 August 2012 - 10:48 AM

Do you still want my icons? Haven't made them with transparent BGs yet. Would take only a couple of minutes but I keep forgetting. :p Looks like you already got icons though.

Oh btw, the new logo looks flat. I prefer the existing logo over it. :)

I used the same logo though :lookaround: ... and I think we can pass on the icons, but I'd love for you to take a shot at those banners for abrosia and the item database :p. I really need that :D. Thanks!

One more thing, why does the Try it free button for Abrosia point to a zipped version of the Program Manager? Wouldn't it be better to point them to the downloads section since they couldn't use the programs without a Neocodex account anyway? O_o I would imagine that would be pretty confusing for a completely new person...

The download section was a bit pointless for just one file. The zipped version contains both the exe (for windows) and the dmg (for mac). A lot of other software is distributed this way so users should be able to understand which one to use for their respective operating system. As for requiring a user account before downloading... hm... I'll check that out tonight :p.

A bit of a correction, I believe you need 500 posts to price items in the database rather than just being an Advanced Member. Also, you can still use the item database data in Abrosia without a subscription.

Ah, right. Is that just 500 posts or 500 posts + advanced? Oh, right, is it that abrosia will still use the item database prices but not the lists?

#24 sprockets

sprockets
  • DonJonatino

• 759 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 August 2012 - 10:58 AM

Ah, right. Is that just 500 posts or 500 posts + advanced? Oh, right, is it that abrosia will still use the item database prices but not the lists?

I think it's just 500 posts because Ivysaur says he can edit it and he's just a regular user

#25 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 August 2012 - 11:00 AM

Just 500 posts regardless of rank. Normal users can use the database prices, they just can't pick which shops to go in unless they use lists (if they use the database their shops are picked randomly but with a bit of weighting towards the more profitable shops).

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users