Quantcast

How is this hurting neopets?

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#26 Guest_coltom_*

Guest_coltom_*

Posted 06 September 2012 - 05:49 AM

The self justifications of this thread, are just comedy gold!

#27 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 September 2012 - 05:52 AM

It seems strange that you're still here if you're so opposed to cheating and the people who decide to do it.

#28 Guest_coltom_*

Guest_coltom_*

Posted 06 September 2012 - 05:58 AM

It seems strange to me that people would cheat, and then brag about it. Guess we have a bit of a cultural difference on this issue.

#29 sprockets

sprockets
  • DonJonatino

• 759 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 September 2012 - 06:16 AM

Maybe I'm opening up a bag of cats but care to rebut our justifications that are 'comedy gold'?

#30 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 September 2012 - 06:40 AM

It seems strange to me that people would cheat, and then brag about it. Guess we have a bit of a cultural difference on this issue.

It makes sense for those people to be here posting though, it doesn't really make sense that somebody who supposedly doesn't like cheating and doesn't like people who use programs decides to stay around on a cheating forum for months and make close to 500 posts (so far).

#31 Guest_coltom_*

Guest_coltom_*

Posted 06 September 2012 - 07:04 AM

It makes sense for those people to be here posting though, it doesn't really make sense that somebody who supposedly doesn't like cheating and doesn't like people who use programs decides to stay around on a cheating forum for months and make close to 500 posts (so far).

Hilarious.

#32 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 September 2012 - 07:06 AM

Hilarious.

For a supposed published writer you're not terribly creative with your replies which are short on both originality and detail.

#33 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 September 2012 - 08:53 AM

I don't understand the reasoning behind making such an accusatory opening post, and then not responding substantively to any replies.

#34 Guest_coltom_*

Guest_coltom_*

Posted 06 September 2012 - 12:02 PM

You are restricted by this fundamental insanity that your viewpoint is the right one. To this extent, you justify stealing from children.

After this observational point, it seems like all the rest is just that there river in Egypt.

#35 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 September 2012 - 12:05 PM

You are restricted by this fundamental insanity that your viewpoint is the right one.

I'm fairly certain that everyone has that "fundamental insanity"... who would hold a viewpoint that they think is wrong?

#36 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 September 2012 - 12:11 PM

You are restricted by this fundamental insanity that your viewpoint is the right one. To this extent, you justify stealing from children.

We don't have much choice since you haven't explained to us how we hold the wrong viewpoint and you hold the right one.

#37 Silver

Silver
  • poppycock.

• 1041 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 September 2012 - 09:01 AM

Around 6a years ago I started cheating to "get back" at tnt for unfairly icing me. Then the bitterness faded, and I continued cheating since at that point, they had just added the captcha add on for buying in main shops (now an image you click), I used to RS legit, but when they added in this barrier it threw everything off for me and I was no longer getting the items I easily once had.

Part revenge, part competativness, part for entertainment, since I would have quit a while ago if not for this easy method of accruing NP. Now I mostly invest in items and watch the market, and make quite a bit that way.

#38 Guest_coltom_*

Guest_coltom_*

Posted 08 September 2012 - 10:47 AM

Silver, a perfectly rational analysis.

#39 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 September 2012 - 11:26 AM

Silver, a perfectly rational analysis.

How was that a perfectly rational analysis, when you've started an entire topic based on the premise that cheating to get back at Neopets isn't rational, and the very first line of his post says "Around 6a years ago I started cheating to "get back" at tnt for unfairly icing me."?

#40 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 September 2012 - 11:30 AM

How was that a perfectly rational analysis, when you've started an entire topic based on the premise that cheating to get back at Neopets isn't rational, and the very first line of his post says "Around 6a years ago I started cheating to "get back" at tnt for unfairly icing me."?

I suspect coltom is now just trolling since he never actually explains his statements even when they're completely illogical.

#41 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 September 2012 - 11:32 AM

I suspect coltom is now just trolling since he never actually explains his statements even when they're completely illogical.

Oh, I know. I just like to point these inconsistencies out, in case any young, impressionable people begin to be taken in by his posts.

#42 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 September 2012 - 11:33 AM

Oh, I know. I just like to point these inconsistencies out, in case any young, impressionable people begin to be taken in by his posts.

I, don't, think, we, need, to, worry, about, people, being, taken, in, it's, difficult, enough, to, understand, him, half, the, time.

#43 Mew

Mew
  • 626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 September 2012 - 11:45 AM

We all know coltom breaks the neopets ToS anyway.
A bit hypocritical I think.

#44 Guest_coltom_*

Guest_coltom_*

Posted 08 September 2012 - 12:32 PM

Mew,that is a completely illogical statement. My question was, in effect, why do you think stealing from children hurts neopets? Not, why is a mote in my eye the same as the splinter in yours.

BTW, not all of us know that I break the ToS.

#45 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 September 2012 - 12:37 PM

My question was, in effect, why do you think stealing from children hurts neopets?

Let's be honest, though, it wasn't a genuine question at all. It was just to create an opportunity to berate and belittle those that you think you're better than. The actions, frankly, of a deeply unpleasant man.

#46 breadbox101

breadbox101
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 06:33 PM

In this case, the mundane player is probably the top few elites in neopets. Would a regular neopet player camp at, say stamp shop for months waiting for a specific item? probably not, i would just buy it at TP.
Why let the top few elite with quick internet get all the items. Aber gives me a better chance in getting the items with my horrible internet.

Its not really getting revenge at neopets, its just getting back what we lost.

I agree with zandra 100%.

#47 Docshroomed

Docshroomed
  • 152 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 08:23 AM

Bottom line neopets is garbage, go ahead.

#48 Guest_coltom_*

Guest_coltom_*

Posted 12 September 2012 - 08:37 AM

Bottom line neopets is garbage, go ahead.

Is your point that they are garbage, so you can treat them like garbage?

Frankly, my biggest complaint is that neopets does not stop people from destroying the game with all the scams, autobuyers and autocompleters, and thus nullify any achievement that a person might obtain.

#49 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 September 2012 - 08:44 AM

I really don't understand how the feeling of accomplishment that one gets by achieving something legitimately is diminished by other people cheating to achieve the same thing.

If anything, it should increase it; "I can do this legitimately, but they have to cheat to do it, therefore I'm a better player than they are."

Perhaps you need to stop measuring self-worth as a comparison to other people.

#50 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 September 2012 - 08:49 AM

*continues waiting for coltom to explain how his opinion is right and everybody else is wrong*

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users