Quantcast

How is this hurting neopets?

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#76 Guest_coltom_*

Guest_coltom_*

Posted 14 September 2012 - 10:22 AM

The people who say that are ignorant. You can't get revenge on a game by cheating at it.

Yes, I suppose that was my point.

#77 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 September 2012 - 10:24 AM

Yes, I suppose that was my point.

Well, thanks for spending four pages telling us what we already knew in an obscenely loquacious manner.

#78 Kauvara

Kauvara
  • 302 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 10:30 AM

While that was a very rational argument, I would like to nudge you back towards the original question. People say they're taking revenge upon neopets by cheating, that is the question that perplexes me.

Well, that's just silly. If I was really that pissed at a game, I would just find something better to play. :p

#79 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 September 2012 - 10:35 AM

The people who say that are ignorant.

Ignorant and also practically non-existent. :p

#80 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 September 2012 - 11:02 AM

You do realize that you're showing the attributes that would require you to seek profession help, and quick. If you think, that murder and jaywalking are morally equivalent, or that adultery is ok because others can do it..... I am just so sad now.

AUMG!
I CHEAT ON A CHILDREN'S WEBSITE! I MUST BE A MURDERER!
Nice logic there.

And coltom, please do not question my mental health. You are no where NEAR qualified to psychoanalyze me OVER THE INTERNET. If anything, your incessant rambles are a sign of senility.

#81 Guest_coltom_*

Guest_coltom_*

Posted 14 September 2012 - 12:05 PM

AUMG!
I CHEAT ON A CHILDREN'S WEBSITE! I MUST BE A MURDERER!
Nice logic there.

And coltom, please do not question my mental health. You are no where NEAR qualified to psychoanalyze me OVER THE INTERNET. If anything, your incessant rambles are a sign of senility.

My, my, my someone has a temper.

Ignorant and also practically non-existent. :p

https://www.google.c...c.1.1F2Uz4YeRqY

#82 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 September 2012 - 12:08 PM

https://www.google.c...c.1.1F2Uz4YeRqY

Did you actually read the search results before you posted that link?

#83 Guest_coltom_*

Guest_coltom_*

Posted 14 September 2012 - 12:11 PM

Did you actually read the search results before you posted that link?

Actually, I did a count of the last 100 introductions, and found that revenge was mentioned 23% of the time.

If you want to argue reality, I really don't have the time.

Also, if you go back to the first page of this discussion, you'll notice that at least three people used phrases like "Show viacom who's boss".

Edited by coltom, 14 September 2012 - 12:16 PM.

#84 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 September 2012 - 12:28 PM

Actually, I did a count of the last 100 introductions, and found that revenge was mentioned 23% of the time.

That's interesting, I had a quick look through the first page of the introductions section and of the 22 introduction posts none of them made any mention of revenge or getting back at Neopets.

#85 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 September 2012 - 12:30 PM

Search results turn up 0 mentions of the word "revenge".

"Revenge" and "showing who's boss" and "stick it to the man" are all totally different things.

#86 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 September 2012 - 12:34 PM

Search results turn up 0 mentions of the word "revenge".

"Revenge" and "showing who's boss" and "stick it to the man" are all totally different things.

There are mentions of revenge, the last one in the introductions section was in January 2012 though and the one before that was June 2011 so his 23% seems to be pretty dodgy.

#87 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 September 2012 - 12:36 PM

There are mentions of revenge, the last one in the introductions section was in January 2012 though and the one before that was June 2011 so his 23% seems to be pretty dodgy.

I only searched the first four pages, since that's what coltom said he read. That went back to June 10th.

#88 Sneaky

Sneaky
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 10:57 PM

This thread is pretty interesting to read, I got banned on my main not too long ago, and although I wasn't cheating on it or any of my other accounts at the time I still got frozen because another member of the family was and they chain iced the accounts. After I lost everything that I got legit, I figured since I had nothing left to lose and everything to gain I'd try cheating.

#89 Hydrange

Hydrange
  • 504 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 04:35 AM

I don't cheat because I enjoy playing legit. However I have bought a couple of neopets and neocash items with np, which is not legit anyway. I was curious about how cheating would be, so I tried the program manager on an ancient account I made to troll the Neoboards ages ago when I went on holidays and it's fun too. If I got frozen now for something unfair, I'd cheat because no way I am getting all the achievements manually again, I don't know if that would have anything to do with revenge or not, honestly, I hope that never happens because I feel quite attached to my account.

Everyone is in their right to choose if going legit or not, cheating can be an art too since there's the risk of getting frozen, how to transfer neopoints safely, how to disguise a shell so it looks like it belongs to a real player...

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users