Quantcast

Photo

60 y.o. Woman finds out dead husband was her father.

incest is the best

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#26 Guest_coltom_*

Guest_coltom_*

Posted 21 September 2012 - 05:54 AM

Icky. Hardly an appropriate subject to even humor by asking esoterics.

#27 Nalah

Nalah
  • Can't hug every cat

• 555 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 September 2012 - 05:57 AM

Contrarily, I believe that the people of these forums have a wide range of interests, actually.

#28 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 September 2012 - 05:58 AM

Contrarily, I believe that the people of these forums have a wide range of interests, actually.

I'd hope incest isn't one of those interests though. :p

#29 Nalah

Nalah
  • Can't hug every cat

• 555 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 September 2012 - 05:59 AM

....that's what I chose for my biology research project this semester ^_^

Uhmmm yeah...:p

#30 Mew

Mew
  • 626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 September 2012 - 06:04 AM

Hopefully there is no one on here from Norfolk then :o

#31 Nalah

Nalah
  • Can't hug every cat

• 555 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 September 2012 - 06:08 AM

There's a difference between studying it, and practicing it.

But it still counts as an interest doesn't it? Particularly if you're choosing to study it, this (more often than not) shows interest in a topic. Haha I didn't mean to say that Nyhm, or anyone else was practicing incest. Not that there would be technically a problem if so.. :p

Edited by Nalah, 21 September 2012 - 06:08 AM.

#32 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 September 2012 - 06:18 AM

Just because society has labelled it as 'gross' or whatever doesn't mean it's not been done throughout human history. Religion argues that Adam and Eve were created and then they bred... who did they breed with? Isn't that incest?

There is actually a looooooot of incest in the bible, not just Adam and Eve. But then in proper biblical form, good ol' Deuteronomy and Leviticus come around and tell us how wrong it is and cursed you are if you do it.

But it still counts as an interest doesn't it? Particularly if you're choosing to study it, this (more often than not) shows interest in a topic. Haha I didn't mean to say that Nyhm, or anyone else was practicing incest. Not that there would be technically a problem if so.. :p

I am interested in incest, from a scientific standpoint, yes. Much the same way I am interested in most taboo topics.

#33 Guest_coltom_*

Guest_coltom_*

Posted 21 September 2012 - 06:28 AM

I am interested in incest, from a scientific standpoint, yes. Much the same way I am interested in most taboo topics.

You will find that as a cultural and likely evolutionary bias is is a close as a universal truth as humanity possesses. The longhouse people took it to an extreme in that a man could not be married back even unto his mother's clan. Conversely, the European Royals are often cited as a sterling (pun) example of what happens when close cousin marriages and multiple swallowing of gene pool are allowed. Hemophilia was the example I remember that had a real scientific basis. Those silly ears and teeth I will allow any one to make their own judgement about that.

#34 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 September 2012 - 07:10 AM

Incest is serious business:

Under Canadian law, incest is defined as having a sexual relationship with a sibling (including half-sibling), child/parent or grandchild/grandparent while knowing the existence of the blood relationship. It is punishable by up to 14 years imprisonment

As long as it's not for procreation, it honestly isn't that bad. Being around that family member might be awkward from now on, but it's not like you stabbed someone.

#35 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 September 2012 - 07:36 AM

I think it would be pretty awkward for a kid to be born, and have their father being their grandfather as well.

Only because people are dumb. We should focus on making people not dumb, and not on making other people not offend the dumb people's sensibilities.

Also if there is a significant age game between partners, such as between parent and child, this brings about issues when one dies, leaving the other alive for 20ish years+ without a partner.

Not a problem unique to incestuous relationships. Nor a problem common to all incestuous relationships.

I suppose other than that, you've almost convinced me that there isn't much wrong, technically, although I would never do it myself.

Good, because there really isn't anything wrong with it.
And obviously, no one is going to force you into a relationship you don't want... Not sure why you felt the need to mention that you're not into incest.

However both partners should at least be aware of their relationships with each other.

Yes, otherwise there's no real consent.

Hey, look! Another unilateral declaration with no explanation! Surprise, kids!

#36 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 September 2012 - 12:50 PM

The man in question, Percy Spruill, died in April 1998 at the age of 60. Born in Mississippi, he worked in Akron as a truck driver and, later, as a parking-lot attendant at Morley Health Center.
He and Valerie’s mother hooked up when he was only 15.

We’re not sure how many offspring Percy Spruill helped produce, but at one point, apparently, he figured that one of them would be a suitable spouse.

Although Valerie says she is not 100 percent certain he knew, because he never talked about it, she strongly believes he was aware of the taboo he had committed but was simply afraid to tell her.

Aha I knew it

#37 steviehart2012

steviehart2012
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 03:35 PM

say what?hells bells!he must've been like...6 when he fathered her then??????? :reaper:

why cant there ever be info on same gender incest *drools* (DONT QUESTION ME!)

#38 Mew

Mew
  • 626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 September 2012 - 03:43 PM

If I understand that correctly, then it's almost as bad as saying "Only in the South."

I was only joking :)

#39 Nalah

Nalah
  • Can't hug every cat

• 555 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 September 2012 - 05:51 PM

Only because people are dumb. We should focus on making people not dumb, and not on making other people not offend the dumb people's sensibilities.

I take it that by dumb, you mean narrow minded? Although if dumbness = sensibilities, then why are we bothering to change?

Not a problem unique to incestuous relationships. Nor a problem common to all incestuous relationships.

But still an issue specific to the case we were looking at.

Good, because there really isn't anything wrong with it.

Except for the general negative social stigma surrounding it, no, there isn't.

When you think about it, it's pretty much the same as walking around naked. A few laws here and there aside, there's nothing technically wrong with it, except that the general population will think you're odd. At least they'll have your support (y)

Not sure why you felt the need to mention that you're not into incest.

To somewhat prove the point that even though I don't personally believe its okay, I think that there's nothing technically wrong with it.

Edited by Nalah, 21 September 2012 - 05:53 PM.

#40 Hawk

Hawk
  • hawk·ish·ly

• 9688 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 September 2012 - 06:01 PM

Posted Image

#41 infecthead

infecthead
  • 91 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 12:20 AM

-snip-

If you had a sister whom you were attracted to as much as you are to your current partner, would you pursue a relationship?

#42 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 September 2012 - 03:19 AM

If you had a sister whom you were attracted to as much as you are to your current partner, would you pursue a relationship?

I have no idea.

#43 8143FF763271

8143FF763271
  • 468 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 01:16 PM

love some father-daughter incest

#44 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 September 2012 - 03:33 PM

Probably.

#45 Deathscythe

Deathscythe
  • 53 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 01:09 AM

Effectively, a lot of you are implying that right and wrong depends totally on the society's viewpoint.

But, with incest, there is a real possibility of actual negative consequences for any offspring.

#46 infecthead

infecthead
  • 91 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 01:57 AM

Probably.

And would you attempt to pro-create, knowing the risks incestual relationships bring to children?

#47 Pavement

Pavement
  • 429 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 09:35 PM

Chinatown was a good movie.

#48 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 September 2012 - 05:13 AM

And would you attempt to pro-create, knowing the risks incestual relationships bring to children?

What type of risks? Physically, mentally?

We have already discussed the minimal physical risk of a one-off incestual pairing.

#49 infecthead

infecthead
  • 91 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 03:52 PM

What type of risks? Physically, mentally?

We have already discussed the minimal physical risk of a one-off incestual pairing.

Genetic disorders, birth defects and the such. Although the risks aren't as high as society makes out, it's still more dangerous when you've got a full-sib relationship.

You've also got to think about how the parents of the siblings react, and also how the child is mentally upon hearing their parents are brother/sister.

#50 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 September 2012 - 04:06 PM

Genetic disorders, birth defects and the such. Although the risks aren't as high as society makes out, it's still more dangerous when you've got a full-sib relationship.

There are no risks.
Genetic malformations take generations to develop. The only increased risk is if both parents carry a recessive genetic disease, which is also a risk (admittedly not as high) in the general population.
Besides which, is it the governments job to legislate that risk? Why not, then, also legislate against 40yo+ mothers?

You've also got to think about how the parents of the siblings react, and also how the child is mentally upon hearing their parents are brother/sister.

Isn't this the same argument they use against homosexual adoption?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users