Quantcast

Photo

So cell phones "can" cause brain tumours, Will you still use yours?

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#26 cheunge

cheunge
  • 21 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 06:02 PM

Ok, this man does it for 6 HOURS EVERYDAY for 12 years worth of consecutive days, no duhh hes going to get it. cell phones were not built to be abused day in and day out. Its like sayin a man smoked 20g weed a day and gets lung cancer in 12 years, and its the weeds fault that caused his cancer! I think every1 knows by now that everything any1 does shud be done in moderation, man deserves it for being ignorant

Ill for sure still use my iphone

#27 babydodo

babydodo
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:29 AM

of course ^.^

we have a short life, why not enjoy and make the best out of it, instead of worrying for this and that all the time.

sometimes i find newspaper articles like this meaningless...if you want to talk abt cell phones causing brain tumours, how abt sitting in front of the computer, watching the television and who knows what kind of radio waves/ radiation bla bla bla we come in contact with everyday.

so yep there's no point in too much paranoia over these sort of things, otherwise we should probably go back to the stone age.

#28 ElBastardoVerde

ElBastardoVerde
  • Shitstorm

• 220 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:32 AM

I don't use my cellular device enough to worry about it. I'm more likely to develop carpal tunnel syndrome.

#29 jinq

jinq
  • 1554 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:49 PM

I don't use my cellular device enough to worry about it. I'm more likely to develop carpal tunnel syndrome.

Same here. Plus too many things these days cause cancer. I live in California and I keep seeing cancer warning signs almost everywhere I go that after a while, I just ignore them.

#30 Mud

Mud
  • 85 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 01:44 PM

Yeah, everyone dies eventually. Nowadays a lot of things (supposedly) cause cancer, but I think some people are more willing to take risks than others. Just like people who smoke, they've accepted the fact that there's an increased risk of getting cancer, but still go on doing it. I don't have a problem with it. To each their own.

#31 frostz

frostz
  • 594 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 01:55 AM

But... it doesn't.

Cellphones produce electromagnetic fields that can open the blood brain barrier causing unwanted things (toxins and such) to leak into the brain.  Long term exposure can result in brain tumors etc. 

Use a mobile headset to mitigate the effects of cellphone EMF.

Edited by frostz, 19 April 2013 - 01:57 AM.

#32 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 April 2013 - 02:14 AM

Cellphones produce electromagnetic fields that can open the blood brain barrier causing unwanted things (toxins and such) to leak into the brain.  Long term exposure can result in brain tumors etc. 

Use a mobile headset to mitigate the effects of cellphone EMF.

Smells like bullshit to me.

The EMF generated by a cellphone is negligible in comparison to other sources.

#33 frostz

frostz
  • 594 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 08:56 PM

The EMF generated by a cellphone is negligible in comparison to other sources.

The damage is potentially caused by the proximity of the cellphone to the head in addition to length of exposure.

That is why it is recommended for people to use headsets or similar devices to mitigate exposure. 

It is the same concept as not standing next to the microwave while its on. It doesn't matter if the cellphone's EMF frequency is negligible in comparison to your microwave oven.  Most cellphone users are essentially beaming electromagnetic waves directly into their brains for extended periods of time by holding their phones right against their heads.  Studies have suggested that extended exposure to even lower frequency EMF's may have negative side effects on cells, and promote the growth of cancerous cells.  Not only this but cellphone EMF's are potent enough to open the blood brain barrier allowing harmful substances into the brain, such as the protein albumin (which can cause neurological damage when it leaks out of the blood and into brain tissue), toxins, and other undesirable substances as well.

This statement isn't directed towards normal users but rather those who are on their phones for hours at a time.  If you are one of these people, it would be better for you to get a head set or use a corded phone if you are at home.

http://www.ccst.us/p...ermeability.pdf

http://drpawluk.com/...phone-research/

http://bioenergy.tim...ain_barrier.htm

http://www.i-sis.org...e_the_Brain.php

http://www.quietcell...BrainDamage.htm

If you are interested in the topic feel free to google the effects of cellphone EMF on the blood brain barrier.

Edited by frostz, 20 April 2013 - 09:58 PM.

#34 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:01 AM

It's all very well to provide five links to support your argument, but the effect is mitigated somewhat when you look at them and find that they all refer to the same, single paper. Especially one published in such a low impact journal.

They produced no statistically significant effect at the levels typically produced by a cellphone: 0.5-1.2 W/kg.

I would contend that their results, perfomed at such low power settings and afflicted by a standard deviation of 56% (!) for actual exposure, are inaccurate and prone to stochiastic error. Consider this in conjunction with the fact that around half of the researchers that they report attempting to replicate their past results have failed... well, you see where I'm going.

One flawed paper is not enough to stimulate a global panic response to cellphone usage.

#35 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:35 AM

I heard if you smell too much bullshit, you can get cancer.

#36 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 April 2013 - 10:43 AM

I heard if you smell too much bullshit, you can get cancer.

Fosho.

#37 willy101

willy101
  • 338 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 11:34 AM

can't you just use a headset and be done with it? 

#38 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:34 PM

can't you just use a headset and be done with it? 

I don't need to look like more of a twat than I already do...

#39 March

March
  • 289 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 May 2013 - 11:18 AM

I never talk on the phone if I can help it. Texting is by far the more preferred, impersonal way of communicating, hehe. 

... Can you get hip cancer from having your phone in your pocket all day every day?

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users