Photo

some feedback please?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 kidbit

kidbit
  • 159 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 09:02 PM

I need honest feedback in two artworks of mine.

First of them is a game character I'm developing based on this concept (not mine!). Obviously it's still a WIP and it's not a exact copy of the drawing. I know the rendering looks like shit but I hope you can at least get the idea.
Spoiler

The next one is an illustration I did just for the lulz but I'm planning on showing it as part of my portifolio tomorrow in a job interview, depending on what you think of it! (NSFW)
Spoiler

Thanks!

Edited by rachelsaurus, 22 October 2012 - 07:39 AM.

#2 Galadriel

Galadriel
  • Creature of the Night

• 924 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 October 2012 - 10:20 PM

I really like the second one. A lot. The first is good too, but I REALLY like the 2nd.

#3 Tokio

Tokio
  • 72 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 11:38 PM

Nice work :o That character kind of looks like you :3

I do environment modelling so I have hardly any experience in char modelling, but my entire graduating class went into character so I had to sit through all those classes too. Not sure how many hours you're planning to put into the character, or how hi-res it will be in game or how much realism you're going for,, but some suggestions for improving the final if you get the time to, small details that could make a big difference

Spoiler

Anyways~ Of course besides defining the crotch a bit, all those other addition are simply for stylizing/silhouette and making it more striking in game-play, and since I'm not sure how far you are taking the concept into the character or how the style of game is, its just a suggestions :D I really feel guilty commenting in any character modellers work, since I can't even get close haha. Great work overall! It'll be fun to do the accessories :> (props were always my favourite part @_@)

#4 IcedEarth

IcedEarth
  • 724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 October 2012 - 02:03 AM

Looks really good to me. It's cool that you have excellent skills in both 2d and 3d art.

What job is the interview for?

#5 kidbit

kidbit
  • 159 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 07:53 AM

Nice work :o That character kind of looks like you :3

I do environment modelling so I have hardly any experience in char modelling, but my entire graduating class went into character so I had to sit through all those classes too. Not sure how many hours you're planning to put into the character, or how hi-res it will be in game or how much realism you're going for,, but some suggestions for improving the final if you get the time to, small details that could make a big difference

Spoiler

Anyways~ Of course besides defining the crotch a bit, all those other addition are simply for stylizing/silhouette and making it more striking in game-play, and since I'm not sure how far you are taking the concept into the character or how the style of game is, its just a suggestions :D I really feel guilty commenting in any character modellers work, since I can't even get close haha. Great work overall! It'll be fun to do the accessories :> (props were always my favourite part @_@)

The concept illustration is not mine! I forgot to mention that. I wish it was, though. hahaha
Thanks very very much for all those advices, they'll sure come in handy not only for this character but to further ones too! I'll try to do these adjustments and hopefully I'll post the model here again when it's finished. Thanks again!! <3

And thanks cronus and IcedEarth too, glad you like it :3 The job is no big deal actually, graphic design in a small agency.

#6 kidbit

kidbit
  • 159 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 09:14 AM

I just want to tell you guys that I got the job!! I'm really happy, thanks again for the feedback!

#7 IcedEarth

IcedEarth
  • 724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 October 2012 - 02:25 AM

I just want to tell you guys that I got the job!! I'm really happy, thanks again for the feedback!

That's awesome, congrats! :)

#8 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 October 2012 - 03:37 AM

Well done! Congratulations :)

#9 kidbit

kidbit
  • 159 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 03:52 PM

Thanks!!

#10 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 26 October 2012 - 03:55 PM

Marry me ♥

#11 kidbit

kidbit
  • 159 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 06:34 PM

Marry me ♥

I can think about that....

#12 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 27 October 2012 - 12:29 PM

I can think about that....

You know you wanna... :)

#13 Lilac

Lilac
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 10:20 PM

They both looks amazing, wow!

#14 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 December 2012 - 01:35 PM

The second one is super strange, and it looks sick. I could see that on a t-shirt.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users