• This topic is locked This topic is locked
32 replies to this topic

#1 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 November 2012 - 03:59 PM

I have an update regarding the Neocash sales through our store.

The bad news
It looks like we will be hitting stock issues with our 1500 Neocash cards soon. I've checked at least five or six stores around me that are supposed to carry these and all of them are out of stock. I'll keep checking further and further out into other cities near me. This is just a heads up that we might be out of stock on these cards for some time to come.

The good news
We have plenty of 1000 Neocash cards and 2500 Neocash cards. I have plenty which I haven't even entered into the database yet. We will continue to stock these cards so long as we can find inventory nearby :).

A Question
Does anyone work at CVS Pharmacy, Target, Walmart, Toys R Us, F.Y.E., Blockbuster, Rite Aid, or Gamestop? If you do, can you find out the supplier of these cards? Perhaps I can call them and get a direct deal for Neocodex :). If you have that information and can give it out (don't go against your company policies), please PM me :).

#2 Georgina

Georgina
  • 2216 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:44 AM

I have access to the £5 game cards, with 750NC value, would you guys be interested in stocking these as a cheaper option to purchase in the codex store?

#3 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:50 AM

I have access to the £5 game cards, with 750NC value, would you guys be interested in stocking these as a cheaper option to purchase in the codex store?

Do people have an interest in purchasing those? (I have no idea since I've never used/bought NC cards :p)

#4 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:54 AM

I didn't even know those existed :p. Yes, I would like to stock those if possible :). Let's discuss the details in a PM :)

#5 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:08 AM

I didn't even know those existed :p. Yes, I would like to stock those if possible :). Let's discuss the details in a PM :)

I guess we could always bundle them together to make 1500 NC too, I think £10 is roughly $15-16 at the moment anyway.

#6 Guest_idonotexist_*

Guest_idonotexist_*

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:28 PM

Strangely according to the NC Mall CVS is the only store in the US that sells the $15 card. O_o

I work in a huge shopping complex which has all of the stores mentioned inside of it (except for FYE, although there is one here at our local mall)

#7 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:32 AM

Strangely according to the NC Mall CVS is the only store in the US that sells the $15 card. O_o

I work in a huge shopping complex which has all of the stores mentioned inside of it (except for FYE, although there is one here at our local mall)

Yeah, it looks like some shops have exclusivity on specific denominations of game cards.

#8 Kaabii

Kaabii
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:58 PM

I'm having a lot of trouble finding Neocash Cards anywhere. :/ None of the normal places I would go to get them had any - one store only had two left in stock, but I couldn't buy them because they were having problems ringing them up at the cashier.
Has something like this happened before? I almost thought they were discontinued.

#9 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:07 PM

I'm having a lot of trouble finding Neocash Cards anywhere. :/ None of the normal places I would go to get them had any - one store only had two left in stock, but I couldn't buy them because they were having problems ringing them up at the cashier.
Has something like this happened before? I almost thought they were discontinued.

Hydro's probably cleared them out already :p

#10 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:09 PM

We're trying to source them directly from the manufacturer but it's not simple. :/

#11 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:11 PM

We're trying to source them directly from the manufacturer but it's not simple. :/

It's pretty stupid too, because often times the place we buy them from doesn't scan all of them the right away, and so some are left inactive. Hydro then has to call the vendor and find out whether the codes are activated or not, and if they aren't, he has to go back and get refunds on the ones that aren't.

Furthermore, the vendor can only check 10 for us at a time and sometimes we buy in batches of more than that. If we were to source them directly, we wouldn't have all of these stupid issues. :/

#12 tri

tri
  • Banned from trading - Do not trade with this user

• 1133 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:29 PM

Maybe the store you buy them you can ask if they can make a special order for you directly from where they get them from. I have heard of people doing that before. And if you ever need some you can maybe have some people who could help you out by going to there stores. Sort of like working for a place where they will call you to work when they need you if that makes sense. :p

Edited by Tristen, 18 November 2012 - 06:32 PM.

#13 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:02 AM

Maybe the store you buy them you can ask if they can make a special order for you directly from where they get them from. I have heard of people doing that before. And if you ever need some you can maybe have some people who could help you out by going to there stores. Sort of like working for a place where they will call you to work when they need you if that makes sense. :p

The shops which stock them tend to be large retailers though and I imagine they buy in bulk rather than on an individual store basis.

#14 MrArrow

MrArrow
  • Banned from trading - Do not trade with this user!

• 19 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:45 PM

My mom is a pharmacist at CVS I could get some?
Just say when.....

#15 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:13 PM

My mom is a pharmacist at CVS I could get some?
Just say when.....

Do they have them in stock? Every CVS I have checked doesn't have them in stock :(.

#16 MrArrow

MrArrow
  • Banned from trading - Do not trade with this user!

• 19 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:16 PM

yea I checked and they do :)

#17 Harlow

Harlow
  • 183 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 November 2012 - 12:37 AM

I will check my Target/Gamestop on Saturday since I see the $15 cards are still out of stock in the shop. I don't want to go tomorrow since I don't want to be trampled during Black Friday sales. :unsure:

#18 Harlow

Harlow
  • 183 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 November 2012 - 01:02 AM

I checked the walmart, gamestop, cvs, and targets near me but they were all out. They all only had the $25 cards. None of the employees would bother to tell me who supplies the cards either. :(

#19 Blippety

Blippety
  • I Want to Lick Adam's Teeth

• 137 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 December 2012 - 02:47 AM

Is this still an issue? Have you considered sourcing them from Australia? Last I checked (but this was last month) there were plenty at Wooloworths/Safeway and if you've got at least one staff member over here, it might be beneficial. You'll even pay slightly less for it which is decent.

Edit: They're Nickelodeon Cash Cards but they still contain the Gift boxes and item +1500NC.

Edited by Frankrin, 09 December 2012 - 02:48 AM.

#20 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 December 2012 - 02:49 AM

As far as I know, we don't do the 1500NC cards at all here.. just 850NC (which are $10AUD)

*edit* just looked now on JN and they say that we can get the $15 Monkeyquest/Nickelodeon cards from EB games... :S I've never seen them there and I frequently visit a few stores in my home town.....

also found this which made me lol (the answer) seems we're quite popular with the NC cards here now :p

http://wiki.answers....ds_in_Australia

#21 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 December 2012 - 02:53 AM

We're hoping to be able to source all 3 types of the cards soonish without having these stock issues any more, we'll probably know more next week.

#22 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 December 2012 - 03:06 AM

Seems that we only get the $15 (1275NC) nickcash cards here now. Last time I checked we only had the old 850NC Neocash ones. I suppose it has been a while since I bought a physical card :p

Posted Image

If you want, I can have a look for you guys if you wish to source some of ours from Aus.

#23 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 December 2012 - 03:07 AM

AUD and USD is pretty much the same value now isn't it?

#24 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 December 2012 - 03:09 AM

Yeah I think the AUD is worth more :p But to counteract that, they only give us 1275NC on the $15 cards... sneaky bastards.... -_- It's better for me to buy direct from the states than to buy from my local store lol

#25 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 December 2012 - 03:20 AM

Yeah I think the AUD is worth more :p But to counteract that, they only give us 1275NC on the $15 cards... sneaky bastards.... -_- It's better for me to buy direct from the states than to buy from my local store lol

We may as well wait until next week anyway. ;) You should ask Hydro for a staff discount on NC. :p

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users