Quantcast

Photo

PS3 or Wii

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

Poll: PS3 vs. Wii

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

PS3 vs. Wii

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#26 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:25 PM

I'm strictly comparing the Wii to the Playstation 3. I'm very aware most of those games are on the PC and 360.

Here's the thing: there are a LOT of Wii games which you can't get on the PS3, 360 or PC and the only other way to play them is through obtaining the ISO in "some way" coughpirating coughnone of those torrents have seeders except private trackers and emulating it, and emulation isn't perfect. I'm not really sure what multiplayer Dolphin emulating is like and honestly I doubt it's any good. If you looked at it, the Wii list I posted earlier consists of almost just exclusives, and it's a pretty long list. And most games on the PS3 can be played on other platforms except for a very, very small number.
I'm assuming OP has a computer at home, probably one that can handle games at around low to medium settings (100% assuming on that). So why bother getting a console when you could just play said ports on your computer? Wouldn't it make more sense to get the console which has the games you can't play on a PC, assuming they're games you want to play in the first place? It would be cheaper or around the same price to get a Wii and upgrade the computer so it could play those multiplat games. But if OP wanted to play, say, Heavy Rain, Atelier and Flower then getting a PS3 would make the most sense.

Or, as I mentioned before, maybe get both and enjoy the best from both words. You can get second hand Wiis really cheap nowadays, I personally sold mine for about $70 without a problem and I doubt they're going to be much more than that. (Sold it because I no longer had a tv to play it on hahaha)

Also wow if you're getting bored after a few weeks maybe get some different games :unsure: Don't say "it doesn't have any games which aren't shovelware", the link I posted earlier disproves that.

#27 ElBastardoVerde

ElBastardoVerde
  • Shitstorm

• 220 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:43 PM

Also wow if you're getting bored after a few weeks maybe get some different games :unsure: Don't say "it doesn't have any games which aren't shovelware", the link I posted earlier disproves that.

It's not so much the games, it's just using the Wii is a bit annoying. :b At least, for me it was annoying. My Wiimote was a fuck head.

#28 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:48 PM

It's not so much the games, it's just using the Wii is a bit annoying. :b At least, for me it was annoying. My Wiimote was a fuck head.

If you have a classic controller you can navigate the menu with it instead of the wiimote.

#29 ElBastardoVerde

ElBastardoVerde
  • Shitstorm

• 220 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:50 PM

If you have a classic controller you can navigate the menu with it instead of the wiimote.

I might have to go buy a classic controller and give my Wii a second chance, then. Cause Mario Kart is ridiculous amounts of fun.

#30 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:50 PM

Hmm, I didn't have a problem with it :o The UI is simple enough, the remote was fine even before the motion+ thing, and you are aware that just doing slight wiggles is good enough for most games, right? Not the whole standing up full body/arm movement thing which they show in commercials

Also yeah, using the classic remote or (if the game lets you) turning the remote sideways is good and waggle-free~

I might have to go buy a classic controller and give my Wii a second chance, then. Cause Mario Kart is ridiculous amounts of fun.

Oh god I remember trying to play Mario Kart with the remote and now I want to go kill myself! That was horrible!! Who in the world let that get out of the dev office jesus christ

Edited by Turnip, 18 November 2012 - 02:51 PM.

#31 sprockets

sprockets
  • DonJonatino

• 759 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:36 PM

Oh god I remember trying to play Mario Kart with the remote and now I want to go kill myself! That was horrible!! Who in the world let that get out of the dev office jesus christ

Some people are actually good with the WiiRemote in Mario Kart, my sister is one of them, me on the other hand.. I need to have the nunchuck adapter at least.

An RPG that hasn't been mentioned yet that's a Wii Exclusive is 'The Last Story'. One of these days I'll get around to playing it, but maybe I should beat Xenoblade Chronicles first...

#32 Josh

Josh
  • 318 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:36 PM

Where are all these other PS3 votes? <_<

#33 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:44 PM

This isn't a popularity contest.

#34 Josh

Josh
  • 318 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 07:07 PM

This isn't a popularity contest.

Yes, it's a constructive discussion comparing the PS3 to the Wii (and potentially other alternatives). I was just curious why the rest of the people endorsing the PS3 have not shared their opinions yet :p

Edited by Josh, 18 November 2012 - 07:07 PM.

#35 sprockets

sprockets
  • DonJonatino

• 759 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:45 AM

FWIW I've always wanted to get a PS3 but I hardly game as is and don't know if I could justify the price. Dishonoured looks amazing and Sleeping Dogs sounds like a lot of fun, although both those games aren't PS3 exclusive.

#36 Krolartemiza

Krolartemiza
  • 33 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:11 PM

... Demon Souls. The Morrowind series is also playable on the PS3

My vote goes to the PS3, simply because I've had mine for years now, and didn't have a problem with it until about two months ago, but even then it was a super quick fix and was only "broken" for two days. The Wii has a lot of thin wires that are very easy to break, and it's quite expensive replacing them. That's just my opinion though.

Is Deamon Souls readily available or will I need to scour stores for it? I think I'm definitely leaning towards the PS3 (not gonna lie, your point about fragile Wii cables almost completely sold me... Between my boyfriend and my dog, stuff doesn't stay together very long) and Deamon souls might be a good Xmas present.

If not, there's always Morrowind. You're right, destruct, it's one of his all time favorite games.

#37 ElBastardoVerde

ElBastardoVerde
  • Shitstorm

• 220 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:16 PM

Is Deamon Souls readily available or will I need to scour stores for it? I think I'm definitely leaning towards the PS3 (not gonna lie, your point about fragile Wii cables almost completely sold me... Between my boyfriend and my dog, stuff doesn't stay together very long) and Deamon souls might be a good Xmas present.

If not, there's always Morrowind. You're right, destruct, it's one of his all time favorite games.

Demon's Souls should not be difficult to find at all. Your local retailer should have it x)

#38 Josh

Josh
  • 318 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:19 PM

I saw it in Gamestop the other day used for like $15. Just call around your local video game store, it's an incredibly popular game (still tops Gamefaqs list), so it shouldn't be hard to get a copy.

#39 Sorner

Sorner
  • 17 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:13 PM

I agree that using the Wii is annoying... although I'm not much of a console gamer myself. :-(

#40 MissSunshine

MissSunshine
  • 23 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:10 PM

The wii was a bit annoying at first, but once you get used to it the remotes aren't that hard to control (you also have to make sure to point at the sensor, which must be in clear view... at least on the old version).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users