Quantcast

Photo

What is the worst Christmas present you have ever received?

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#1 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 December 2012 - 06:28 PM

Christmas is less than a month away, so rather than talking about the frivolous monetary gains we've received lets instead discuss our worst experiences.

What are yours?

#2 Zemx

Zemx
  • 22 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 06:33 PM

Coal. Fuck the companies that do this for Christmas.

#3 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 December 2012 - 06:36 PM

My sister got me this one year:
Posted Image

It's one of those gifts that are so bad, they go around the spectrum of taste and become awesome.

Or there was that one year we didn't really celebrate Christmas because my mother's mother was dying in the hopsital. Everyone dies eventually, though.

#4 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 December 2012 - 06:38 PM

When I was in high school, I had a kinda bad miscarriage a few days before Christmas. (Like the emergency surgery, get-it-out kinda bad, which means I was on awesome painkillers and these are the only memories I have of this Christmas.) My mom got me a toothbrush and then flipped shit on me for 'not appreciating it enough' and 'not caring about anything any more' and my grandmother made me unwrap all of my presents anyway, even though they were things like maternity clothes and baby stuff, and then took them all away, saying she'd exchange them when the stores calmed down. I honestly don't remember if she did or not, lol.

#5 Chappy

Chappy
  • Cat Savage

• 2341 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 December 2012 - 06:42 PM

Lotion set that I made clear I was allergic to and earrings because I don't have piercing and they were already oxidizing (with some weird crusty stuff). But to be honest my parent's don't celebrate Christmas since our birthday is close to it.

#6 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 December 2012 - 06:55 PM

When I was in high school, I had a kinda bad miscarriage a few days before Christmas. (Like the emergency surgery, get-it-out kinda bad, which means I was on awesome painkillers and these are the only memories I have of this Christmas.) My mom got me a toothbrush and then flipped shit on me for 'not appreciating it enough' and 'not caring about anything any more' and my grandmother made me unwrap all of my presents anyway, even though they were things like maternity clothes and baby stuff, and then took them all away, saying she'd exchange them when the stores calmed down. I honestly don't remember if she did or not, lol.

Posted Image

My god. I mean... I guess people handle grief in their different ways. Maybe your mom and granny were more comfortable being angry than sad about your loss. Being a pregnant teen is hard enough, I imagine. Then losing the baby. Holy shit. That's like, double bad joo-joo.

#7 Toaster

Toaster
  • 32 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 07:05 PM

A pink tea party play set when I was 12.

My best present was my unicycle that is now my main mode of transport.

#8 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 December 2012 - 07:07 PM

My god. I mean... I guess people handle grief in their different ways. Maybe your mom and granny were more comfortable being angry than sad about your loss. Being a pregnant teen is hard enough, I imagine. Then losing the baby. Holy shit. That's like, double bad joo-joo.

To be fair, my mom was a tweaker back then, so her reaction was more anticipated. But still, a toothbrush? I'd expect some frustration if she'd put thought or effort into it.

#9 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 December 2012 - 07:08 PM

My best present was my unicycle that is now my main mode of transport.

Youtube video of you wearing a penguin suit doing this else it didn't happen.

#10 lokita

lokita
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 07:28 PM

A headlamp from my dad :| My brother got the exact same thing.

We gave him one a couple of years before that and he loved it but he goes camping all the time. We don't.

#11 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 December 2012 - 07:30 PM

A headlamp from my dad :| My brother got the exact same thing.

We gave him one a couple of years before that and he loved it but he goes camping all the time. We don't.

I've gotten one of these too. Apparently, it's supposed to be good for reading in the dark.

#12 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 December 2012 - 07:38 PM

My mom (my parents are divorced) once gave me an awful plastic steelers seat cushion, and some kind of pretty pen, for Hanukkah a couple of years ago.

Edited by Satsuki, 01 December 2012 - 07:38 PM.

#13 lokita

lokita
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 07:48 PM

^^^
lol steelers

I've gotten one of these too. Apparently, it's supposed to be good for reading in the dark.

It's not too terrible, I've borrowed my brother's when I went on a trip. I returned mine because I'd rather have something that I'll use more than once in 3 years :/

It was kind of disappointing to see that he didn't even try at all to get me something that I'd like.

#14 ElBastardoVerde

ElBastardoVerde
  • Shitstorm

• 220 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 07:57 PM

I got this really shitty light up guitar lighter from Las Vegas from my aunt for Christmas. It leaked butane, and had an incredibly bright red/blue strobe light pattern when you lit it.

You could probably blind someone in outer space with that lighter, holy shet.

#15 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 December 2012 - 08:08 PM

scented candles from Yankee Candle. Fuck Yankee Candle.

and thus I want to burn every Yankee Candle in the world, but to my disadvantage, that will make the whole world smell like one huge Yankee Candle. As you can see, I hate Yankee Candle.

#16 Trichomes

Trichomes
  • 🐱 💖 🍄

• 1781 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 December 2012 - 08:55 PM

One of these things, except mine was an even more hideous orange & olive green combination. My aunt thought I'd love it. :/

Posted Image

#17 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 December 2012 - 09:19 PM

This is hard to answer, because everything I got is something I've enjoyed in some way, even the clothing.

In fact, the clothing has been more useful to me lately than anything else.

That and the furniture.

#18 Pilot

Pilot
  • Bees?

• 1074 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 December 2012 - 12:03 AM

Posted Image

(No it wasn't the phone)

I've never owned an iphone either

#19 BugsBunny

BugsBunny
  • 88 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 02:56 AM

A beach towel. When my grandma knows I already own a dozen she still buys me one for christmas.

#20 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 02 December 2012 - 08:44 AM

I get one pair of socks each year from my Grandmother. She is like 80+ years old, and she will buy one of those like 10 packs of socks, and then she will open it and wrap them individually and give them to me and my brothers every year. One year she gave me a pen set from Avon that she got for Christmas like 15 years ago and never opened. lol

Edit: The same Grandma made me a blanket too, it's hideous but I kept it because regardless of how ugly this thing is, she made it for me and that means something, I'll post a picture later ;)

#21 MarvelGirl

MarvelGirl
  • 205 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 December 2012 - 08:52 AM

I got a How to play guitar book with no guitar. Santa had too much eggnog. Oh and I too received a headlamp.

#22 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 December 2012 - 09:58 AM

A gram of coke.

#23 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 December 2012 - 10:21 AM

A gram of coke.

This thread is about the worst Christmas presents you've ever received. Not your daily acquisitions from the populace.

#24 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 December 2012 - 11:02 AM

Posted Image

I also got a book with this chick in it

Spoiler

#25 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 December 2012 - 11:06 AM

This thread is about the worst Christmas presents you've ever received. Not your daily acquisitions from the populace.

Yes, it was a bad christmas present. Use your noggin for christ's sake.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users