41 replies to this topic

#1 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:48 PM

Deer Grammer Natzies,

To long have yew ben correcting teh misstakes of the masses, its tyme ewe look knot at the weigh eh massage is delivrd butt teh message that is intended. Teh only scourge heer iz knot the lac of competence butt the shear lac of desier too cum two an undeerstandeing. Sosighety is to kean ohn poiting out the flahs in otherrs to sea that they olny cuase moar ruckus then thay could if thay atempt two sea teh persun I too I rather then upun eh pedistal.

#2 Pilot

Pilot
  • Bees?

• 1074 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:55 PM

More evidence on why some people appear bright until they speak.

#3 ElBastardoVerde

ElBastardoVerde
  • Shitstorm

• 220 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:20 PM

Don't you have something better to be doing?

#4 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:21 PM

Friend of mine took the time to type this out. It irritates the shit out of me. Just being generous with the agitation of it all.

#5 Blippety

Blippety
  • I Want to Lick Adam's Teeth

• 137 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:23 PM

Disregard, just saw your comment hehe.

Edited by Frankrin, 28 January 2013 - 11:23 PM.

#6 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:29 PM

This irritates me so much that I'm tempted to hide the thread just so I don't have to read that shit again....

#7 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:49 PM

I'm inclined to disagree with the entire point of the post to be honest. I put more stock into something that is delivered in a presentable manner instead of locking lyke dis.

If you can't take the time to proofread or at least let a program proofread for you then is the message you're delivering really so important that everyone doesn't already know that information in the first place?

"Don't burn your hand on that burner!" Compared to, "Dont burn ur hand on that bruner!"

#8 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:45 AM

fuggin grtammar nazis i';ll type how i like n we all kno u can read shit like this juts fine stop bulLSHIOTINn GETTING MAD N CORRECTING US FUg

(Don't worry I won't type like that ever again because this isn't /jp/ and shitposting isn't apart of this site's culture is it)

(but what even is the point of this thread lmao)

Speaking of deers!! Deersies are super cute~ I'm thinking about getting this sweater at.... some point :3

sweaterrrr.png

#9 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:14 AM

(but what even is the point of this thread lmao)

Chit-Chat

#10 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:39 AM

I kind of understand the message.
Of course it's very annoying when someone doesn't take the time to proof read, and for most people it degrades the quality of the post.
However, someone can have a spectacular vocabulary, and still not be intelligent. So I believe in turn, an intelligent person can have a poor vocabulary. It just depends on their area of expertise. In fact, someone on this site who I believe to be very intelligent has poor grammar, not going to name them, but it serves as an example from my personal experience :p 

#11 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:47 AM

I kind of understand the message.
Of course it's very annoying when someone doesn't take the time to proof read, and for most people it degrades the quality of the post.
However, someone can have a spectacular vocabulary, and still not be intelligent. So I believe in turn, an intelligent person can have a poor vocabulary. It just depends on their area of expertise. In fact, someone on this site who I believe to be very intelligent has poor grammar, not going to name them, but it serves as an example from my personal experience :p

Poor grammar, spelling, and sentence structure doesn't really have anything to do with vocabulary. Vocabulary merely means the words that a person uses, comprehends, or otherwise uses by expressive command.

It deosnt take alot of words to distroy a sendence.

It doesn't take a lot of words to destroy a sentence.

#12 Dazz

Dazz
  • Musicyclopedia

• 3242 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:09 AM

fuggin grtammar nazis i';ll type how i like

QFE. Bitches be tryina tell me how to type? Allow 'em all. If i see someone's clothes looking shit you don't see me trying to fix 'em up, i just let 'em look like shit cause it's their choice.

#13 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:15 AM

QFE. Bitches be tryina tell me how to type? Allow 'em all. If i see someone's clothes looking shit you don't see me trying to fix 'em up, i just let 'em look like shit cause it's their choice.

This IS how you type though! :p

#14 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:15 AM

Poor grammar, spelling, and sentence structure doesn't really have anything to do with vocabulary. Vocabulary merely means the words that a person uses, comprehends, or otherwise uses by expressive command.

It deosnt take alot of words to distroy a sendence.

It doesn't take a lot of words to destroy a sentence.

Did I not mention poor grammar as well? You're nitpicking. 

#15 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:17 AM

Did I not mention poor grammar as well? You're nitpicking. 

Wasn't meaning to it just came across as the central theme to your post and I wanted to clarify.

#16 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:18 AM

Wasn't meaning to it just came across as the central theme to your post and I wanted to clarify.

There's no need to clarify, I know the difference and I still stand by what I said. :p

#17 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:21 AM

Good that means I can move on and touch on the next most important thing you said there.

In fact, someone on this site who I believe to be very intelligent has poor grammar, not going to name them, but it serves as an example from my personal experience :p

It's not Sweeney's fault that his keyboard can't keep up with his mind!

#18 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:23 AM

I don't get it.

#19 Drakonid

Drakonid
  • 805 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:39 AM

The issue with the first post is spelling, not grammar.

#20 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:07 PM

haha. Cum.

#21 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:42 AM

The issue with the first post is spelling, not grammar.

Do you have a PhD? I'll believe you when you have a one of those.

#22 kittycat

kittycat
  • 633 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:32 AM

agreed grammar prescriptivism is soooOoooOoO oppressive 

your all so ignorent to globilizeshon and the verying decrees of educashon preshent an the internet,,, prolly 2 manee 1s worl wite pepel in this thred 2 unerstan wat is like 2 not hav stay of arc [sic]  educashon. but other than defending the rights of the uneducated to be allowed to communicate on the internet without ridicule; i think it is also important to note that language is not stationary, it changes over time. it condenses. get w it.

edit: ridiculing the uneducated's right to communication, not what they are saying 

Edited by kittycat, 31 January 2013 - 06:33 AM.

#23 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:01 AM

Stop trying to be black, you're a little white kid from Surrey. Douche :p

#24 Dazz

Dazz
  • Musicyclopedia

• 3242 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:38 PM

Stop trying to be black, you're a little white kid from Surrey. Douche :p

Watcha talkin bout willis? I ain't from Surrey btw im from Bracknell, all the posh people live in Ascot, and all the rubble ends up here :p. Still i think there's only a couple patrol cars round here, if anything big goes down they have to send more cops down from Reading. That's police cuts for ya

#25 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:54 PM

Ooooooh Bracknell, try South East London SAAAAAN. Proper rough ends round here don't ya know. (I'm sure Joe and Suz and testify how much of a shithole Croydon is!)

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users