Photo

Be careful where you drive...

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 ZERO

ZERO
  • 1661 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:51 PM

Today I was riding my bike back from school (I live in so cal so different driving situations than most places) and a truck had been pulling out of the left turn lane and was going about 10mph but somehow turned a giant rock into a projectile about 10 feet in front of me. It didn't hit me, otherwise I would have probably been knocked off my bike or at the least injured by the impact. But I kid you not, not even a minute after this happened, this happens:

image.jpg

Moral of the story is... Watch where you drive. There could be drill bits on the road. Most expensive day of driving ever.

#2 Avalon

Avalon
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:34 PM

Christ. That's awful. As expensive as it may be, at least it wasn't your leg!

#3 Silverblizzard

Silverblizzard
  • 12 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:56 PM

O_o

Holy hell! That's insane D:

...lol I can't see the roads here cause they are all covered in snow :p 

The slipping & sliding is kind of fun until you start sliding into a snow bank..

#4 Pilot

Pilot
  • Bees?

• 1074 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:10 AM

Leftover from the truck? If this happened to my bike I'd be soo pissed

#5 ZERO

ZERO
  • 1661 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:07 AM

Leftover from the truck? If this happened to my bike I'd be soo pissed

Actually Im not sure if it flew out from underneath the truck with the rock or it was just laying up ahead from what Im assuming was from another truck (It looks as though they were doing construction where the one guy was pulling out from). But either way, I was pretty frustrated. I just replaced my front tire though, so I guess they are both brand new - still sucks as that tire only had about 1,000 miles on it.

What do you ride?

#6 Pilot

Pilot
  • Bees?

• 1074 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:40 PM

Actually Im not sure if it flew out from underneath the truck with the rock or it was just laying up ahead from what Im assuming was from another truck (It looks as though they were doing construction where the one guy was pulling out from). But either way, I was pretty frustrated. I just replaced my front tire though, so I guess they are both brand new - still sucks as that tire only had about 1,000 miles on it.

What do you ride?

09 Ninja 600

From your image alone I can't tell what you ride but it's definitely not a 125... or 250 even?

#7 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:48 PM

Ahh that's such terrible luck D:

#8 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:30 PM

Luckily I invested in run-flat tires. They're much more expensive, but most allow you to drive up to 50 miles on a sudden blow out.

#9 ZERO

ZERO
  • 1661 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:13 PM

Mines a Honda cbr 600. I like the ninja 600s though. I'm trying to get rid of my cbr so I can buy a gsxr600. They are so pretty!

And I wouldn't have been able to ride with it, you can kind of see that the bit was hitting the chain guard with every rotation, so if I drove all the way home it could have eventually gotten to the chain or something. I had to use tools to pull the little prick out.

#10 truthtruth

truthtruth
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:15 AM

Couldn't imagine if that would have pierced you.

#11 Doomsday

Doomsday
  • 178 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:31 AM

There's no way you could have spotted this anyway so it's really just bad luck.  As a fellow rider (Ninja 636) I feel your pain, but a new rear tyre is nothing compared to the damage that could have done to your leg, or possibly worse if it was to cause you to come off your bike.

Thankfully I've never run over any drill bits, but I have run over nails and the like but they generally just embed in the tyre not stick out like that.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users