explosion boston

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#26 ceterisparibus

ceterisparibus
  • 485 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 April 2013 - 08:13 AM

Heard about it before my exams. It's just horrifying that people who want to celebrate and enjoy an activity have to experience such a catastrophic thing.

Anyone living around the area or with loved ones nearby? 

#27 Ladida

Ladida
  • Night Owl 🌛

• 2152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 April 2013 - 09:15 AM

Oh my goodness, pressure cookers??? Please don't let this be a brown people attack *facepalm*

#28 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 April 2013 - 09:20 AM

Oh my goodness, pressure cookers??? Please don't let this be a brown people attack *facepalm*

A pressure cooker can be used essentially as a very large pipe bomb. :/ At least it should provide an opportunity to track down the people who did it if they were stupid enough to buy it from a large retailer with detailed records and CCTV history.

#29 Cyo

Cyo
  • Pauly D

• 2561 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 April 2013 - 09:20 AM

The fuck? You implying brown people aren't capable of doing something like that? That's fucking racist, you prick.

#30 Ladida

Ladida
  • Night Owl 🌛

• 2152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 April 2013 - 09:34 AM

The fuck? You implying brown people aren't capable of doing something like that? That's fucking racist, you prick.

Whut.

A pressure cooker can be used essentially as a very large pipe bomb. :/ At least it should provide an opportunity to track down the people who did it if they were stupid enough to buy it from a large retailer with detailed records and CCTV history.

I'm guessing it also indicates that many people were involved.. It'd be weird for one person to walk around with 6 pressure cookers. They're not very small at all!

#31 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 April 2013 - 09:46 AM

I'm guessing it also indicates that many people were involved.. It'd be weird for one person to walk around with 6 pressure cookers. They're not very small at all!

It probably suggests that either they didn't have very much explosive or that the explosive they had was quite low quality (the colour of the smoke seems to support this one).

#32 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 April 2013 - 10:00 AM

But... I love pressure cookers. Have you every tried boiling rice? It just ain't the fucking same.

#33 anewvision

anewvision
  • 1195 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 April 2013 - 10:22 AM

But... I love pressure cookers. Have you every tried boiling rice? It just ain't the fucking same.

There are proper ways............ but they do make life rather easy!... rice life, that is.

#34 Cyo

Cyo
  • Pauly D

• 2561 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 April 2013 - 10:28 AM

There are proper ways............ but they do make life rather easy!... rice life, that is.

If you like 'em so much, then why don't you gaymarry a pressure cooker!

#35 anewvision

anewvision
  • 1195 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 April 2013 - 11:29 AM

If you like 'em so much, then why don't you gaymarry a pressure cooker!

D: so hostile! You're just kidding, right? He's just kidding, right??! :S

I think we are getting off topic a little here.. bombs are bad! people getting killed is bad! ahhh D:

#36 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 April 2013 - 11:31 AM

I think we are getting off topic a little here.. bombs are bad! people getting killed is bad! ahhh D:

What if the only way to save a million people was to use a bomb to kill a thousand people?

#37 anewvision

anewvision
  • 1195 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 April 2013 - 11:36 AM

What if the only way to save a million people was to use a bomb to kill a thousand people?

LOL... you dick :)

Fine, then that's a good bomb! Bombs going off around innocent people are bad*** better?

#38 RitzWin

RitzWin
  • 241 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 12:25 PM

Appropriate:

#39 Charizard

Charizard
  • 118 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 02:24 PM

Everything is finally settling down in Boston. People are a little shook up, though. Police just let us go back into normal. We were dismissed from school early, though.

BTW, Cuckoo pressure cookers ftw.

#40 willy101

willy101
  • 338 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 07:09 AM

i found it more alarming that both major news outlets and people in general immediately sought to accuse a middle eastern non-state actor. the level of racism today is appalling. 

#41 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 April 2013 - 07:13 AM

i found it more alarming that both major news outlets and people in general immediately sought to accuse a middle eastern non-state actor. the level of racism today is appalling. 

It's not racism, it's logical to make that assumption when a significant proportion of the threats of violence come from people in that region.

#42 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 April 2013 - 07:18 AM

It isn't completely unwarranted...

It's not like we're going to suspect Canada.

#43 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 April 2013 - 09:57 AM

It's not racism, it's logical to make that assumption when a significant proportion of the threats of violence come from people in that region.

Question, if a bomb went off today and we had the same intelligence the yanks did, i.e none, who do you think would have planted it? The Irish, the brownies or the left wing unwashed?

Suffice to say, there's no indication at this moment to suggest it was international terrorism. So basing opinions on little information can be pretty racist.

#44 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 April 2013 - 10:03 AM

Question, if a bomb went off today and we had the same intelligence the yanks did, i.e none, who do you think would have planted it? The Irish, the brownies or the left wing unwashed?

Suffice to say, there's no indication at this moment to suggest it was international terrorism. So basing opinions on little information can be pretty racist.

If there were any suspicious looking 'Irish, brownies or left wing unwashed' hanging around at the time I'd arrest them all and ask questions (and potentially apologise) later.

#45 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 April 2013 - 12:11 PM

Except for the Saudi National that was questioned....

#46 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 April 2013 - 02:57 PM

If there were any suspicious looking 'Irish, brownies or left wing unwashed' hanging around at the time I'd arrest them all and ask questions (and potentially apologise) later.

But there wasn't, hence the assumptions based on race alone.

Except for the Saudi National that was questioned....

Was a witness, not suspect.

#47 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 17 April 2013 - 03:33 PM

But there wasn't, hence the assumptions based on race alone.

Was a witness, not suspect.

Was he not tackled by a bystander and taken into police custody?

#48 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 April 2013 - 04:29 PM

http://www.nydailyne...ticle-1.1318272

#49 2dope

2dope
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 04:39 PM

Was he not tackled by a bystander and taken into police custody?

haha yeeeah because i'm sure nobody's ever been tackled for being a "brown person" among a bunch of whites

guilty until proven innocent, FUCK YEAH AMERICA 9q2KOyH.gif

#50 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 April 2013 - 06:07 AM

haha yeeeah because i'm sure nobody's ever been tackled for being a "brown person" among a bunch of whites 
guilty until proven innocent, FUCK YEAH AMERICA 9q2KOyH.gif

It's not so bad once you get used to it.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: explosion, boston

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users